• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Capture the Flag system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello,
Tried to make by myself but it have lots of bugs, like spamming of display text and much more.
All I need is a simple capture the flag system like in WoW BG: Warsong Gulch. If you didn't play it i'll try to explain:

So there is 2 teams with their base and they have flag their team flag, so main quest is to take enemy flag and return to your base to get points, and prevent from enemys taking your flag. You can't score if you flag is not in base. You can give flag to your ally. If you drop flag you have 15 seconds to pick up or it will be returned to base. If you pick up your own flag it will be returned to base. I hope you could understand this. Feel free to ask if u didn't understand something. THIS MUST BE DONE IN GUI, and work for 10 players. ALSO + MULTIBOARD WITH TEAMCAPTURES PLAYER CAPTURES/KILLS/DEATHS +rep and credits in map will be given.

Level 11
Hi, I can help with this.

Can you tell me exactly what u want in the multiboard and the order of it (I understand you want captures/kills/deaths, maybe you want more, and do you want them in that order).

I was pro at WoW WSG so you are in good hands hehe, I will make the CTF rq, will be back for more multiboard info.

PS: I will have to do it tonight I have other stuff that popped up

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
Hey well want something like this

182286-albums2897-picture62797.jpg

also ty for help :)

Last edited:
Level 11
Just got back, here is the 1st version (it's alliance / horde).

Check it out and tell me if you want any changes (besides the Clash of Titans thing).

Also for the respawn time I cannot incorporate it in the multiboard (I can make it show a random integer but it has to be connected with your respawn system to work).

EDIT: just realized I didn't quite do the multiboard like you wanted, but it's an easy fix, tell me what you like.

Attachments

• CTF.w3x
    23.2 KB · Views: 64
Level 10
Yo dawg! Everything works fine, but 2 things need more! :D Could you add display text like
Playername has captured the flag!
Playername has returned the flag! and others like in wsg! :D and could you fix multiboard like in my picture with the title names and moar also nice that u added returns to multiboard!?! +REP AND RESPECT really nice ! :D

Level 11
No problem I will do that today, and about the respawn timer I can help but I would have to do the respawn trigger itself as well (if you want to give me specifics).

Also , should I make it so it doesn't have a number when it's at 0? Or show the 0? (0 everywhere when the game just begins is my only worry).

Choices 0 = 0 or - or (empty)

Level 10
WoW it's amazing! :) OK NOW LAST requests

*IF POSSIBLE can you add comments in triggers what each line/action do ;D it would be awesome!! :D
*Change it to 0
*Add text when enemy killed (Player has killed enemyname or something like that) if possible ofc
*I hope enemys can see if their flag was taken, or allies when their flag is taken by text (Your flag has been taken by playername or something like that ;D) if not please add if possible
TYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY +REP AND CREDITS AND DAMN u most awesome dude in this fkin world! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.