• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cops And Robbers AoS AI (Police Catch Thief)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I see, ya that format is nice...

3rd skill- Bombastic Stomp
Not sure if you ran out of ideas or something but this skill is not very original. However, it has quite some synergy, but I think you should change it slightly. Maybe when you use this skill, you damage yourself and enemy units and then knockback all units for a short distance.
haha, actually i am lazy to think of a new skill, that's why i use this. Ya, your idea is cool, I will consider that hehe..

Ultimate skill- Suicide Bomb
There seems to be a bug with this skill, the damage will trigger as long as you die I believe, so it is quite powerful and not really weak as I used to think (I used to think the damage increment for this skill sucked but its ok).
Actually it will not be auto triggered when you dies, it will only be triggered if you set auto cast on when the enemies approach you.

However, I think you will auto-use this skill when you right click a tower/building, though it might just be my mistake..
ya, that is a bug , I am still not sure how to solve it. Maybe I will use another ability (without auto cast) to create this spell. When the hero casts this spell, I will create a dummy unit to explode there.

However, I think you should make the insurance item give less gold when this hero dies cos Mr Bombastic is really good at dying to kill. Or maybe you should make it trigger only if he dies to an enemy or something.
haha, ok, i will do that. thanks for the suggestions!! Maybe auto drop the insurance item before casting suicide bomb?

Level 3
I got a suggestion
For this Insurance Item, you can make a cooldown for it so that the players will not just repetitively use this method (keep getting killed) to earn gold.

Level 15
Sorry for not reviewing for 2 days (according to my timzone GMT+8) but I was playing with my friends :p
Review- Flame Thrower
1st skill- Flames
Very powerful skill once it is level 3 and above. Excellent for pushing and kills heroes like cutting tomatoes. I suggest you make the flames attack slower and make the blue flames not immune to magic and maybe make level 3 summon 2 flames still but make them blue flames instead. Other than that, its quite balanced I believe, just make its damage per second lower or something.
2nd skill- Building Burning Oil
Very useful skill when you take the top lane and control the neutral tower. It makes the tower really powerful. I can't really say its imbalanced but maybe decrease the attack speed bonus slightly, maybe even cause the building to lose health over time (something like Unholy Frenzy).
3rd skill- Immolation
Frankly, this skill is not really powerful. Flames have a passive immolation that does 10 damage per second and flames are quite powerful to begin with. I guess you are trying to make an AoE skill for this hero, so maybe make this skill set enemies hit on fire or something.
Ultimate skill- Phoenix
This skill is really weird. I don't understand how a flame thrower guy can summon a phoenix :p. Furthermore, this Phoenix is pretty powerful in combination with his flames so maybe change this. I have a suggestion but I'm not sure whether its good so here it is! The skill is called Fire Burst or something. When you use this skill, you create a nova of fire which deals damage to enemies and then set them on fire. This skill should also make flames gain damage or something.
Overall- This hero is extremely powerful when it comes to pushing and hero killing. Some of its weaknesses are that he cannot farm or do anything well without his first skill. Finally, I believe he does not need any nerfs for his stats but just make some of his skill weaker. Overall, he is a good hero but just abit too powerful.
I will review another one soon, I hope this map goes really well :D

Level 9
hehe its ok, you mean you play this map with your friends?
Oh, your GMT is +8? same as mine hehe

Thanks for your review, some of the fans also complaint that the blue flames are too strong. In the previous versions, this hero is stronger because the mana points for blue flames are high, which makes them easier to casts fire bolt. Now I have reduced the mana a lot. Ok, will try to decrease the damage in new version.

Sure, I will look into the ultimate skill, maybe will change it to something that can combine with the first, second and third skills hehe..

Level 15
Sorry, was working with the WE recently.
Review- Grenadier
1st skill- C4
Good skill with high damage, however, needing to learn trigger C4 kinda balances it out. However, the damage seems to be greatly reduced when use on heroes, what kind of damage does it deal? Attack type spell and damage type normal? I believe that does normal damage so it is reduced greatly by hero armour. When I used it on a hero with 750 hp or so when both me and the enemy were lvl 20, the guy didn't die. But I guess this is to prevent imbalance.
2nd skill- Trigger C4
Not much to say about this cos this spell doesn't have any direct effect. Anyway the damage is quite ok and balanced so this skill is fine.
3rd skill- Claymore
This skill is pure farming+AoE killing. It is really powerful at level 4 and can pawn towers, units and heroes (Yes, towers). It has really good damage but takes quite a while to trigger so it does not really work well against heroes unless planted near towers and such. Just one bug with this skill ; when you move before the mines are planted, the mines will be planted at the point you hero is if he moves. Not a major bug though.
Ultimate skill- Advanced Explosives
This spell is pretty balanced since it is quite weak at level 1 unless used together with C4. It does good damage to an AoE and is really nice. I don't really have any suggestions for this skill except that maybe make the damage weaker if the enemy is farther away from the explosive.
Overall- This hero is extremely strong when you use it properly. Newbies at the game might play it well but can't really own properly. The skills are not really powerful on its own but really ownage when used in coordination. This hero can farm up a hell-load of money if used properly as well.
Just something I noticed when I was playing the game. With this hero, I managed to get 150,000 gold in my bank. Also, I got 2 ultimate police and got 1 boots of speed, 1 evil hand and 3 point boosters for each of them. But I killed them accidentally when I used my advanced explosives :p
Just an item suggestion. Maybe make an item called "Credit Card" which allows you withdraw money from your bank to purchase stuff or something, kinda like the real thing. I know it will be quite difficult to make it like the real thing so maybe something like stated above.
I am suggesting this simply because I stored 150k in my bank and I had to run back to base to withdraw the money from the bank. Credit cards should have a con, like maybe when you withdraw 100 gold from the bank, 110 gold will be removed from the bank instead. Kinda like interest.
PS: I am not sure whether it was 150k or 15k in my bank but I believe it was 150k.

Level 9
Another AoS with new spells and items.
Great. -.-
hehe, thanks! any more feedback?

Attack type spell and damage type normal?
It should be spell damage if not mistaken

Just one bug with this skill ; when you move before the mines are planted, the mines will be planted at the point you hero is if he moves. Not a major bug though.
not really get what you mean haha..

But I killed them accidentally when I used my advanced explosives
Ya, some strong spells I put AOE damage for it, which can harm yourself and allies as well. So, you have to be careful when you use it.

Just an item suggestion. Maybe make an item called "Credit Card" which allows you withdraw money from your bank to purchase stuff or something, kinda like the real thing. I know it will be quite difficult to make it like the real thing so maybe something like stated above.
haha, good idea.. maybe I will make a shop called ATM at the center of each path / jungle. And then you can use ATM card to withdraw the money hehehe..

Hope to get more feedback from you soon

Level 15
Mana Sucker time!
1st skill- Mana Drain
Actually I never really used this skill cos the game is too fast-paced for this skill. Also, this hero doesn't really need much mana and his other skills deplete the mana of the enemies at least 10x faster (exaggerated). I think you should replace this skill with something that summons the fel stalkers.
2nd skill- Empty Mana Slam
I feel that this skill is your bread and butter skill because it depletes mana almost instantly. Also, it summons Fel Stalkers which are quite powerful at depleting more mana (OMG!). I think if you want to keep the Fel Stalkers, you should reduce their mana slightly or they will spam Mana Burn like nobody's business which will screw up the balance of the game. Having summon Fel Stalkers as another skill can make the hero more balanced and his skills need more skill to use. Also, I might recommend that the mana that is left becomes less as the skill levels.
3rd skill- The Exchange
Now, this is you're pure OWNAGE skill. It can reduce your enemy's health to 1 when used together with Empty Mana Slam. This can also be used after spamming mana burn at an enemy hero, leaving it with very low mana and then killing him with 1 hit. This skill is ok, however, I think you should increase the cooldown or he will kill whenever he meets an enemy hero :p.
Ultimate skill- The Great Exchange
This skill is pretty weak when compared to Empty Mana Slam. When I used it, I only dealt 111 or something damage to the enemy. Furthermore, it took me 111 mana or something. I think you might want to replace this skill. I recommend something with some defense capability maybe? Say Mana Barrier. When the skill is used, the hero will take less damage. The damage is then converted to your mana (its like you heal 1 mana for each damage dealt or something).
Overall- This hero has great killing potential when used correctly. However, the wrong skill build can cause this hero to lose its effectiveness. The hero is still able to kill at late game due to his Empty Mana Slam. However, some balances must be made to make this hero less rigged.
I have not really read the spells names of the hero so I might make some mistakes. I hope to see some balances to this hero cos its too powerful (but Camera Man pawned me cos of his lock and interface hide...).
Oh, and his soundset is weird :p Sounds like a snake lol.
I think EXP stealer is next.

Level 1
this map rox... i rmber the expression on my fren's face when i used exp seeker and delvled him slowly from 5 to 1.....
Only one suggestion - could u try to lower the penalty for accidentally killing an ally hero.
Its actually quite easy to teamkill with X cos of x buster

Level 3
I have a suggestion
For the hostage mode, maybe you can add the ability - inventory (hero) for the hostages so that we can give items to the hostage and make her run faster. What do you think?

Level 9
Only one suggestion - could u try to lower the penalty for accidentally killing an ally hero.
Do you have any suggestions?

Its actually quite easy to teamkill with X cos of x buster
Ya, x buster is quite powerful, I made it that way (easy to team kill) so that the player have to use it carefully.

For the hostage mode, maybe you can add the ability - inventory (hero) for the hostages so that we can give items to the hostage and make her run faster. What do you think?
Ok, do you mean like the commanders in assasinate mode?

Level 15
Ok, Thunder GOD review :D
1st Skill- Mega Bolt
A fine skill. It fits the hero quite well. However, I did notice that it does a lot of damage. It is not an ultimate yet it can kill an enemy hero instantly with a Level 4 Mega Bolt. I think you should make it deal less damage with maybe more bounces. I would also say that the damage reduced per bounce is quite low, but its quite ok. A slight reduction to the damage should be fine.

2nd Skill- Lightning Shield
Quite a useful skill for the hero. It helps in destroying towers and killing creeps. The damage and other stats are fine, but the mana cost for activation is quite high. It would be cool if you reduced it. I also find the Mana Shield effect not to my taste. It does not really look like a Lightning Shield. Maybe you should use the Lightning Shield effect from melee games, that might be nice :)

3rd Skill- Force of Lightning
Personally, I did not really like this skill. I have thought that Thunder GOD is an offensive hero, but this skill made him somewhat support. I do agree that it does give good bonuses to towers, but I thinkit should grant bonuses to the attack damage if units too. My suggestion would be that this ability should be allowed to target units, but the bonuses would be reduced. That would make this skill a lot more worth learning.

Ultimate- Particle Cannon
This ability is really unique and I like it. It is a really powerful spell when faced with many enemies. However, I did notice that the Particle Cannon immolation does not stack. So, each unit will take a maximum of 80 damage a second from the immolation. I would suggest that you make it stackable somehow, trigger it or something. However, it is still a powerful ability.
Something I noticed about this ability is that when its at Level 2, you need to deactivate the Particle Cannon twice. This makes it rather annoying. I suggest that you make all the Particle Cannons deactivate when the Deactivation ability is used :)

Overall- A fun and powerful hero. Although faced with some balancing issues, this hero is very cool. There may be some bugs here and there but in general, the hero is rather well done. I do not understand why he is an agility hero, but that's ok. Good job with this hero, he has a really unique ultimate. Keep up the good work!
Update soon :)

Level 15
One more review! Speed Master up!
1st Skill - Movespeed Channeling
Useful ability for chasing. I don't really think there are any bad points about it, maybe just the duration is rather high at max level. Too much movement speed drained xD. Maybe just 50% drained for 10 seconds at level 4? Just keep the cooldown low or something.

2nd Skill - Switch Position
This is a really important ability for the Speed Master. It allows him to trigger the Force to Stop Mine without needing the enemy to move. However, levelling it doesn't really yield must bonsues. Maybe change the starting cast range to 300 and increase by 150 a level.

3rd Skill- Force to Stop Mine
The only damage dealing ability for the Speed Master, but this one is good enough. Force to Stop Mine gives the hero an extremely powerful nuke ability that is difficult to not trigger. Thus, I have a simple suggestion: Make this ability require the enemy to move a certain amount. Maybe 1200, 1050, 900, 750 range. That would make it more important to learn Switch Position, so you can make sure the mine triggers. Also, the duration seems a bit long. I think around 5 seconds should be enough, since enemies would be afraid to move, its like trapping them there.

Ultimate- Mass Teleportation
Of all the Speed Master's abilities, I disliked this one the most. I am not saying that this is not useful, neither is it not powerful. However, I don't think it fits him as a "Speed Master". I would suggest a really simple remake for this ability.
There's this ability- Dark Summoning- that allows you to move units from one point to another. However, this ability uses projectiles that move towards the position of the caster. Since this changes the skill completely, I think you should create a dummy unit at thet target point (change it to a point target skill :D) and make it cast Dark Summoning at the hero's location. That would make a cool Mass Teleport like ability that the enemies cannot stop by destroying towers. This might also make the skill look cooler!

Overall - A really good hero. Well done like many of the rest in the map! Although there are, once again, some minor imbalance issues, they are rather easy to fix. With some fine tuning, this hero could become a really wonderfully done one! Good job again! I hope to see more heroes :)
Good job on this hero too! It could be better though.

Also, I noticed that Bomberman's Time Bomb does not have any cool effects when it explodes. Kinda sad. A powerful ability should have some cool effect, like the Incinerate explosion effect or the Neutral Building explosion effect would be good :D

Level 9
Zack:
lol.. thanks for ur review zack.. i will improve those parts :)
ok for the bomber king i will use the neutral building explosion effect in the next version.. hopefully it will look nice hehe..

Bane: it will be great if you could do a detailed review here :) appreciate it

Level 9
Cops and Robbers Game Review
by Bane

Summary:
Alright well i played Cops and Robbers for a while, messed around with the heroes, the items, and of course, the gameplay. I was pleased with what i saw aesthetically but i think the gameplay could use a bit work. First off the game looks great, good tooltips, good abilities, lots of items. But each of these pros comes with a con, which i will get into later. All and all the game is good quality, lets go into more detail now.

Gameplay: The gameplay of Cops and Robbers was quite interesting, i like how many options there are for play, you could go north, south etc, like you'd see in most AOS'. A cool factor i saw in your game which i have not seen in any others, is capturable gold mines. I liked how you were original in the income aspect of the game where players don't just have a steady income, the gold mines controlled will control the income. I found this pretty cool as it added another factor to the game; defense of your money. All in all the gameplay was solid, some of the abilities were cliche, but for the most part i was impressed. There was also some annoying minor things such as balistas attacking you while u were trying to buy items so your hero would run all the way around to try to attack it and you'd have to keep moving him back.

Gameplay Score: 4/5
Improvements?: I would lower the tower HP, and the game in general needs to be more balanced between the heroes,
creeps, and buildings, especially the items (more on that later), make it so the hero tooltips don't show up when a hero selected after the player has already picked a hero. Ballista auto attack?

Items: I think the items in this game are interesting but overkill. There are simply to many pointless ones and to few late game items, including many other problems. One major thing i saw right off the bat was the item manipulators. These have got to go, making the enemy drop items, destroying their items, stealing their items, decreasing their inventory space, its all completely unbalanced. I realize that it has to do with "stealing" etc. But the game will not be fun for people if they work towards a good item just to have it destroyed, if i were you i would take out all of these items. Next, there are way to many vendors that sell pointless things, all of the random items, theres just to much. A new player will be completely overwhelmed, i would cut down aton on the amount of unneeded items. More lategame items, i personally believe you need more recipes for late game and more early recipes, so players can work towards item goals. On the bright side, i think the tooltips of the items were well done. But, i still dont quite understand the ability buying? Are they all passive, because none of them appeared on my hero, just a buff. I also think that the tooltips displayed on the screen for each vendor is unnecessary, it really clogs up your screen if your moving from vendor to vendor.

Items Score: 2/5
Improvements?: More recipes (early/late game), alot less pointless items, item manipulator items need to go, screen clogging with the vendor tooltips, some minor misspellings (all of the death spell items say "when you dies"

Grammar: The grammar in Cops and Robbers was very good, i only noticed a few errors. When somone misses an attack it says "Ops, i am lame", first off, i think this message is childish, secondly oops is spelled wrong, it's up to you how you change it. Second, all of the death spell items say "When you dies" at the end of the tooltip. All in all the grammar was suprisingly good.

Grammar Score: 4/5
Improvements?: "Ops, i am lame", "when you dies", some minor punctuation errors.

Playability: I think that cops and robbers was a good game and pretty good when played online, but needs aton of balancing still. The item manipulators are too overpowered, beg from gold from the billionaire gives too much gold. And just balancing units in general, heroes should be more a little more powerful in my opinion and the player needs more of a sense of building up the hero with lategame items (see the items section). The map is playable online but still needs some major balancing fixes, other than that i was impressed.

Playability Score: 3/5
Improvements?: Balancing

Overall: Please keep in mind that i am a hard scorer/grader. My thoughts about the game? I thought it was fun and entertaining but still needs to be balanced for multiplayer use, the AI was very good but had a few bugs here and there. The items and balancing still need aton of work but the gameplay and heroes were well polished. I think the game is worthy of Battle.net and has great potentional if you keep working on it.

Overall Score: 3/5
Improvements?: Stated above, fix the items and balancing, and the other minor issues/problems i stated in the other sections. Goodluck with your game.

Thank you for letting me review your map,
-Bane

Level 15
Ok, I'm gonna review Tree Keeper now!
1st Skill- Uproot Tree
What can I say? This is the hero's core ability. Without it, you can't really do anything. However, I think it should not cost so much mana at level 1. About 50 should be good, increasing by maybe 5 per level.

2nd Skil- Release Trees
A really cool skill. It makes your hero hard to kill/helps you kill stuff more easily. I really like this ability. Its really fun to use and is really versatile. I can't really say too much about this, but the health regenerated seems slightly high.
One more thing though, do the trees encircle the target? Or do they just line up in a row or something?

3rd Skill - Tree Metamorphosis
This is one of the hero's best skills- a powerful permanent summon. The summons are really strong... Perhaps a little too strong due to their high health. I think you should reduce their health to something like 1000, 'cos you can have almost an unlimited amount of these things. Awesome ability though! I really love your ideas :D
Anyway, I do have a simple suggestion. Why not make a chance to summon 1 type of Alien Tree and a chance to summon another type? Like one Alien Tree is meant for taking damage while the other has slight range and can deal a good amount of damage or something xD

Ultimate - Tree Weapon
This ability is rather troublesome... When used, it doesn't show the attack damage and stuff, but that can't really be helped. However, I think it is a really powerful ability; this skill grants the hero a good amount of damage and even Chaos damage! A totally amazing tower destroyer. The one problem with this ability is that it is used instead of the first when I right-click on a tree. But that's fine.
This may not be the best hero review I have given, but I do think this hero is rather refined. He has a summon that can (probably) beat the crap out of enemy heroes, towers and units. Release Trees also make him very difficult to kill and almost impossible to escape from (if he has enough trees).

A question though, do destroyed trees regrow? Was just wondering.

Keep those awesome heroes coming! They are totally awesome!

Level 9
well i posted my review almost 2 weeks ago and still no reply from the offer, i feel its a lost cause.

Level 6
short opinions about the modes.

1. why are M (mode) included in just some of them? looks ugly if you ask me ^^
2. about revive mode, couldnt the game be really short here? i mean if one team kills 1 in the other team, they basically have won, maybe if you add a bit to every heroes health and mana in this mode (to mana also because otherwise casters would become useless, maybe add armor also) it would become a bit longer (reach reasonably levels etc.) even though you still will basically win if you kill the first hero.

Level 9
For Bane:
Sorry for late reply cause I don't have time to write a long reply last week as I was travelling. no, this is definitely not a lost. I appreciate your review. thank you very much. i will look into those issues you have pointed out and work on that. btw, do you have the replay? can you post it here too? And you stated that the AI has some bugs here and there. May I know what are those bugs?

I made the creep types random in this game. When the game started, it will automatically generates total of 50+ creeps (I made the quota for each level, eg ten level1 creeps of any random type, eight level2 creeps of any random type etc). Ballista is 1 of them. So, it will not appear in every game because the creeps are generated randomly.. That's why I can't test every single creeps. Thanks for telling me about the range of the ballista. I will adjust it.

But, i still dont quite understand the ability buying? Are they all passive, because none of them appeared on my hero, just a buff.
Do you mean the level 20 ability? That will only appear when your hero is level 20. Or do you mean the death spell? That is a buff and will make your hero auto cast those spell when the hero is dead.

The item manipulators are too overpowered
actually it is not overpowered because there are ways to prevent you from losing items, such as the item - Item Protector, potions etc. And then you can use those items sold by Item Manipulator to counter it or get back your lost items. So, I think its quite fair for everyone. The theme of this game is about police and thieves, so definitely the thieves side should have those stealing abilities. Basically the heroes abilities for thieves side are more towards stealing resources to ease your team / yourself and the hero abilities for police side are more towards damaging the enemies. I don't make many recipe items because the items will not act as the most important factor in this game, it will act like additional things to aid the heroes only.. unlike other AoS that focuses on items farming, focus on the goals to build the ultimate items and become godlike. that is the uniqueness of my AoS map. Therefore, there is a reason for the Item Manipulator to be exist in this game. The cost for those insane items are high, they have longer cooldown period, short casting range etc, which means you will need tactics to use it correctly. If your tactic is wrong, you may end up destroying just a lame item carried by the enemy while get killed by the enemies. However, I agreed with you that the heroes should be more powerful. And I am also working on the hero balancing too. :)

beg from gold from the billionaire gives too much gold
Ok, how much would you suggest?

For Zack:
Thank you for your review once again

What can I say? This is the hero's core ability. Without it, you can't really do anything. However, I think it should not cost so much mana at level 1. About 50 should be good, increasing by maybe 5 per level.
Ok sure. What about the cooldown?

One more thing though, do the trees encircle the target? Or do they just line up in a row or something?
Yes they encircle the target, but at lower level the number of trees are few, so it only acts as something to block the hero's path.

Anyway, I do have a simple suggestion. Why not make a chance to summon 1 type of Alien Tree and a chance to summon another type? Like one Alien Tree is meant for taking damage while the other has slight range and can deal a good amount of damage or something xD
Good idea! but then it wil not be related to the number of trees you have uprooted already since the number of Alien Tree will always be 1.

The one problem with this ability is that it is used instead of the first when I right-click on a tree. But that's fine.
Ok, I will solve it

A question though, do destroyed trees regrow? Was just wondering.
lol, nope, there is no tree regrow in this map.

hehe, looking forward for your next hero review.. :p

For HellslayerX15:
why are M (mode) included in just some of them? looks ugly if you ask me
Oh, because I get the first character for the first 2 words to make the shortform. So, what will you suggest?

For the No Revive Mode, you have to kill all the enemy heroes to win the game. If you get killed, you will be out of the game. But if your allies are alive, your team will not lose since they still keep fighting. Anyway, great idea, I will make the amendment for increased HP and mana. What about increased experience gain?

btw have you tried this map?

Reactions: HFR
Level 9
i am trying to minimize the number of characters the players have to type, that's why most of the modes consist of only 2 characters. therefore, i wish to reduce ctf to 2 characters too, perhaps I should reduce it to 'cf'.. if I make it 4 characters, definitely the players will complain because most of the game modes in the other Warcraft III maps consist of 2-3 characters only. Look at dota's game mode, the M (mode) was included in just some of those modes too. but no one complained that they looked ugly..

Level 6
okey tested it now :D it was "a bit" too unserious (hope you know what i mean) for me

why did the corrupt building spell have autocast? my hero didnt use it when i activated autocast and stood next to their tower

the enemy hero was some kind of tree (ancient protector in WC3) and he was extremely stupid and died right away (maybe has to do with that i chose computer - easy though...)

and when i chose my hero the game interface icon thingie changed into a frog o_O but my hero was still the active unit

and what happens when the enemy reaches all the heroes in town?

Level 9
thx for playin

why did the corrupt building spell have autocast? my hero didnt use it when i activated autocast and stood next to their tower
may i know what building do you mean? some towers actually can heal your hero's HP and mana, it will used up some of the towers' mana..

the enemy hero was some kind of tree (ancient protector in WC3) and he was extremely stupid and died right away (maybe has to do with that i chose computer - easy though...)
yeah, difficulty level affects the AI hero.. and if you used your spells correctly, you can kill the enemy easily.. try to fight 5 insane AI if you think the game is too easy

and when i chose my hero the game interface icon thingie changed into a frog o_O but my hero was still the active unit
pls see carefully, that is not your hero.. its 1 of the merchant that gives you some hint message when you have selected your hero.. you know, in Warcraft III, when a unit is talking, the game interface icon will be changed to that unit..

and what happens when the enemy reaches all the heroes in town?
I didn't get what you mean

why would you say these cause the game unserious?

Level 6
no i didnt mean those things made the game unserious but if you really wanna know i could simply mention one thing, a hero called peter parker..

1. the first enemy shooting tower
3. okey but its really confusing since the frog has no actual speach :)
4. when i had chose my hero there was still a lot of heroes left at the hero-pick place, they were not invulnerable so an enemy should be able to go there and slay them all, or are they neutral passive or smth?

Level 9
1. the ability you saw is actually healing. The tower can heal your hero if your hero move nearer

4, I deliberately made it that way because in this game, when your command center were destroyed, those abandoned heroes will be revived to level20 to protect your base. So, if the enemy don't want that happen, they can just slay all the heroes in your base before destroying your command center. That is the purpose I do not make them invulnerable. Yes, they are neutral passive.

Bane, did you see my reply? How come there is no feedback from you?

Level 9
For Bane:
Sorry for late reply cause I don't have time to write a long reply last week as I was travelling. no, this is definitely not a lost. I appreciate your review. thank you very much. i will look into those issues you have pointed out and work on that. btw, do you have the replay? can you post it here too? And you stated that the AI has some bugs here and there. May I know what are those bugs?

I made the creep types random in this game. When the game started, it will automatically generates total of 50+ creeps (I made the quota for each level, eg ten level1 creeps of any random type, eight level2 creeps of any random type etc). Ballista is 1 of them. So, it will not appear in every game because the creeps are generated randomly.. That's why I can't test every single creeps. Thanks for telling me about the range of the ballista. I will adjust it.

Do you mean the level 20 ability? That will only appear when your hero is level 20. Or do you mean the death spell? That is a buff and will make your hero auto cast those spell when the hero is dead.

actually it is not overpowered because there are ways to prevent you from losing items, such as the item - Item Protector, potions etc. And then you can use those items sold by Item Manipulator to counter it or get back your lost items. So, I think its quite fair for everyone. The theme of this game is about police and thieves, so definitely the thieves side should have those stealing abilities. Basically the heroes abilities for thieves side are more towards stealing resources to ease your team / yourself and the hero abilities for police side are more towards damaging the enemies. I don't make many recipe items because the items will not act as the most important factor in this game, it will act like additional things to aid the heroes only.. unlike other AoS that focuses on items farming, focus on the goals to build the ultimate items and become godlike. that is the uniqueness of my AoS map. Therefore, there is a reason for the Item Manipulator to be exist in this game. The cost for those insane items are high, they have longer cooldown period, short casting range etc, which means you will need tactics to use it correctly. If your tactic is wrong, you may end up destroying just a lame item carried by the enemy while get killed by the enemies. However, I agreed with you that the heroes should be more powerful. And I am also working on the hero balancing too. :)

Ok, how much would you suggest?

well i posted this for almost half year ago and still no reply from the offer, i feel its a lost cause

Status
Not open for further replies.