• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BoST (AoS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
[AoS] Battle of Sargeras Tomb

Map name: Battle of Sargeras Tomb (BoST)
Creator: Peacehagen
Credits: xDeathKnightx (Terrain)
Current Map Size: 1.7 MB
- Progress -
Terrain: 95%
Systems Done: Hero Selection, Hero Revival, Creep Wave Spawn/Attack, Victory/Defeat, First Blood.
Systems Needed: Multiboard, Vehicle System, Capture the Flag, Assist System, Double Kill System, Jungle Creep Revive System, Item Recipe System.
Heroes Done: (Total 5/30)
For BETA
Alliance Heroes Done: 0/6
Burning Legion Heroes Done: 3/6
Neutral Heroes Done: 1/6
Items Done: Lv1 51/53 - Lv2 0/12 - Lv3 0/12 - Lv4 0/12

Lore/Description:
The Tomb of Sargeras was thought to be destroyed under masses of rocks after the Eye of Sargeras was stolen by Illidan. However, a dark power still lies in the depths and the Burning Legion is after it to make another attempt to summon their master to Azeroth..

After Maeivs expedition to the Broken Isles, where the tomb was located, most Night Elf settlements were abandoned. Goblins from Kezan explored the Islands, but were chased away by Nagas who took control over the islands.

Night Elves who returned to the main land told stories about the tropical islands, and the Alliance got an interest in creating a settlement there. It was by this time that the Burning Legion arrived to the isles. Creating a large portal to summon their troops, they scoured the islands and claimed more and more land as their own.

The map takes place in the final battle between the Alliance and the Burning Legion. If the last Alliance settlement is destroyed, the tomb will be in the Burning Legions hand, and the world will be doomed as the Destroyer of Worlds arrives to Azeroth. It is up to you which force you want to bolster in this epic fight.

---

The map only have 2 lanes, but the objectives remain the same, push your way through one (or both) of the lanes and destroy the enemy main building to win. There are a few things that are different from a normal AoS though, read more under features to find out more.

Features:
- Heroes with custom spells for a fun and strategic gameplay!
- Honor Points and rank system!
- Vehicles!
- Capture The Flag Event!
- Towers and other buildings have Fortified armor which reduces damage taken by 75%, however siege damage deals 200% of normal damage to them.
- A Goblin Observatory is left intact near the middle of the island, claim it to gain visual advantage!

Honor Points & Vehicles
- When killing an enemy Hero you are rewarded an Honor Point.
- The Hero getting the killing blow is rewarded 2 Honor Points, assisting Heroes recieves 1 Honor Point.
- For every 8 Honor Points you earn, you gain a rank. Gaining a rank allows you to buy a vehicle at the Workshop in your base.
~ Sergeant (8 HP): Allows you to buy the Glaive Thrower. A fast moving but weak vehicle. Has a swift shot ability.
~ Leuitenant (16 HP): Allows you to buy the Catapult. Moves a bit slower than the Glaive Thrower but has stronger defense and damage. Leaves a patch of burning flames where it attacks, dealing damage over 5 sec.
~ Commander (24 HP): Allows you to buy the Siege Tank. Has the lowest movement speed but a very strong defense and attack, however attacks in melee range. Ability unknown yet.
- Vehicles can only move and attack while a Hero is inside it. Only Heroes with the appropriate rank can buy/mount a vehicle.

Capture The Flag Event
- The flag first spawns after 10 min of gameplay. It respawns 5 min after being captured.
- Capturing the flag for your team by bringing it to the Circle of Power in your base gives you the following choice:
~ Damage the lowest health enemy tower for 10% of its health.
~ Repair your lowest health tower for 15% of its health.
~ Reward your team 2000 gold, split among players. (5 players recieves 400 gold each)
~ Reward all members in your team with 1 Honor Point.
~ Random Effect. Any of the 3 effects above can happen, but with a double effect. So either damage enemy tower for 20% of its health, repair your tower for 30% of its health, reward your team 4000 gold or reward all players with 2 Honor Points.
- Picking up the flag removes all buffs (beneficial or negative) from the Hero. However, the Heroes attack and movement speed is reduced by 50% until flag is dropped.
- Using an increased movement speed ability or teleportation of any type while carrying the flag will make it drop. The only way to capture the flag is running with it all the way to your base with the movement speed penalty.

Hero Types
Tanks: Tanking Heroes have strong survivability and their abilities are often of survival or support type. You usually only have one of these in your team.
Role: Flag carriers. As they generally are the hardest Heroes to kill, you want them to carry the flag. When the flag is not available they are creep farming in the jungle, trying to get as much gold as possible to improve their survival capabilities.
Support: Support Heroes have 1-2 damaging or healing abilities. Their other spells are used to help improve their allies or weaken their enemies.
Role: Plays an important role in supporting other Heroes. Can support your Tank when creep farming in the jungle or help pushing the lanes. Support Heroes are very weak when alone, but plays an important role in team battles.
Damage: Damage Heroes have 3-4 damaging abilities. Obviously they are used to kill enemy Heroes and push the lanes.
Role: Nuking down enemy Support Heroes in battle over the flag and pushes lanes/harassing enemy Heroes when flag is not available. They also try to gank the enemy Tank Hero so he can't grow strong enough.

What I could need help with:
- Triggers, Hero spells, systems etc.
- Icons, mostly for Heroes, but also items and spells.
You will be credited if you help :)
xDeathKnightx will be credited Main Terrainer.
defskull recieves credit for helping me with some Hero spells.

Update:
- Working on the Heroes :)

Last edited:
Level 18
Alrighty, i am done, or, somewhat done, i want you to review the map first, tell me if/where i have gone wrong, and what else needs to be improved, i will then change the map again.

Here it is, I hope you like it, and here are some screenshots for you main entry. If you don't want the writing at the bottom, just say and i'll remove it.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot2.jpg
    Screenshot2.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot3.jpg
    Screenshot3.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Screenshot4.jpg
    Screenshot4.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot5.jpg
    Screenshot5.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot6.jpg
    Screenshot6.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot7.jpg
    Screenshot7.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot8.jpg
    Screenshot8.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot9.jpg
    Screenshot9.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 180
Level 7
It sounds like an interesting map, I could help with creating a hero or two. It would be great if you could give me some information on how your heroes are built, stats, number of abilities etc.

~Quetzalcotl

Level 11
As it looks now, the first Heroes I make will only have 4 spells each. This is because I am not able to make the spell system I first thought of myself, and since it is so time consuming to make it, I'm not sure if anyone wants to help me with it.

But if anyone feels that they can help me, it is definately something that I will add in in a future version :)

Quetzalcotl, are you able to make triggers for their spells? I have 10 Heroes ready for each team, just don't have any spells for them yet. Would be awesome if you could help me with some of them, thinking up their abilities and triggering them.

WillofKhrone, atm I have 20 Heroes to think up spells for, if you wan't to help with spell ideas for them I will gladly accept any help :) However there will be more Heroes than 10 for each team when the BETA is released so if you have any ideas for more Heroes I am open for suggestions. But atm I am focusing on getting the 20 first Heroes to work and so on :)

When it comes to spells, it is important that each Hero has its unique playstyle, so thinking up a couple of spells which does roughly the same things is not an option. The spells also have to make sence, fitting the Hero, fitting each other, and ofcourse together they bring a fun playstyle, while not being too overpowered. It is tough :p but necessary for a good map. And help is always appreciated and you will be credited for it :)

Level 7
I think I can make a couple of spells, I work with JASS, though, and not with vJASS and I'm not sure if this is okey with you. Tell me what heroes you got at the moment, and perhaps I could show what I can.

~Quetzalcotl

Level 11
Well, I have this one: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/challenging-spell-pack-faceless-worshiper-196580/ though its quite advanced spells :/ not even sure if I'll get help with it.

I also have one more with spells figured out, the Knight. I'll list the spells below:

Charge (3 Ranks)
Baron Silverblade starts charging a targeted destination at high speed. All in his path will be knocked back, taking 50/100/150 damage and becomes dazed for 5 seconds. Daze reduces movement speed by 50%.

Charge starts its effect when the Knight is within 1000 of the targeted destination.

--

Battle Call (3 Ranks)
Increases nearby units will to fight, giving them 10/20/30% increased damage for 10 seconds.

Just a simple roar atm. Don't know what to do with this, perhaps leave it this simple or replace it with something else. You might have an idea on what to do.

--

Reprisal (3 Ranks)
Passively enhances the Knights health by 50/100/150. In addition the Knight has a 10% chance to strike back when attacked in melee, dealing 1x/2x/3x his Vitality. 3 sec cooldown.

--

Kneel Before The Baron (1 Rank)
Forces all nearby enemies into a terrified state, unabling them to act for 5 seconds. In addition, the Knight recieves 10 bonus damage per enemy affected for 10 seconds.

Level 11
Quetzalcotl: Yeah, sure :) most Heroes don't have any spells yet, just some thoughts.

Alliance Melee Heroes:
Tinker - Will use explosions and mines. Effective building destroyer.
Knight - Support/Tank Hero. Won't be strong by himself but can give huge advantages in team combats.
Beastmaster - Mainly uses a pet that can carry items aswell. The items remain when the pet is resummoned.
Mountain Giant - Havn't put any thought to this one yet. A Strength Hero. Probably using Earth spells.
Pandaren - Very fast combo striking Hero. Can quickly nuke down a target but his abilities costs alot of mana, leaving him defensless after a nuke.

Alliance Ranged Heroes:
Time Warden - Uses spells that affect time, and also have devestating Astral magic.
Rune-Caster - Uses buffs & debuffs. When consuming runes across the map he regains health & mana in addition to their normal effects.
Phoenix - His spells costs no mana but deals a % of his health. He will have one healing ability which costs mana.
Spirit Keeper - I'm not sure what spells he will have, but I was thinking he will store up souls of Heroes (or units aswell) that dies near him, to enhance his spells.
Shaman - Will be focusing on Lightning spells. Havn't put much thought on him.

Burning Legion Melee Heroes:
Demonblade - Focusing on Demon Magic and melee combat.
Faceless Worshiper - Has an Old God channeling its powers through him. You can see the spells I thought up for him in the Request section.
Sea Caller - Uses Water Magic. Havn't put much thought on him yet.
Mana Hunter - He will be all about draining enemies mana in different ways.
Risen Knight - He will be much like Pudge in DotA. He has a Phantom Hook and nukes down a target quickly.

Burning Legion Ranged Heroes:
Frozen Eredar - Uses Frost and Shadow magic. Will focus on trapping enemies.
Crypt Walker - Uses Venom spells. Focusing on weakening his enemies.
Warlock - Uses Curses and Shadow Magic. Focuses alot on Dots.
Ghostly Magi - Uses Arcane Magic. Will have the most powerful spells, but hard to hit or long casts.
Dark Ranger - No idea about this one, open for suggestions.

--

Thats pretty much what I have so far. If you wan't more details I can fix that some time soon but I hope this suffice for now :)

Level 11
if u need any help triggering spells or triggering in general i can help u

That would be awesome, there is quite alot of triggering work to be done since I litteraly sucks at it :/ question is how you want it.

If you want I can fix up everything (all units and items and so on) so all you need to do is triggering. And you can do it in your pace and when you are done you can send back the map.

Or I'll send some requests to you, you make them when you have time and I'll implement them into the map.

Either way you will be credited, probably as main triggerer if you want/have time to do it :)

Level 15
That would be awesome, there is quite alot of triggering work to be done since I litteraly sucks at it :/ question is how you want it.

If you want I can fix up everything (all units and items and so on) so all you need to do is triggering. And you can do it in your pace and when you are done you can send back the map.

Or I'll send some requests to you, you make them when you have time and I'll implement them into the map.

Either way you will be credited, probably as main triggerer if you want/have time to do it :)

ok sure either way i can do it.

Level 11
Ok, well I can start with a request :) a Hero Spell Pack for the Mana Hunter. He has the Fel Beast model.

Spell 1 - Energy Drain (3 ranks)
Instantly burns up to 30/60/90 mana and deals damage equal to 200% of mana burned.
Range: 500

If you for example have rank 3 and the target only have 50 mana left. Then it burns 50 mana and deals 100 damage. So make sure it doesn't always deal 180 damage, only if it burns 90.

--

Spell 2 - Combustion (3 ranks)
Places a debuff on a target for 6 seconds. If the target casts a spell during this time, the debuff is consumed, the target looses 10/20/30% of its mana and is silenced for 3 seconds.
Range: 700

--

Spell 3 - Mana Feed (3 ranks)
Passive skill which causes the Mana Hunters attack to drain up to 10/20/30 mana from the target, restoring 50% of mana drained to the Mana Hunter.

Same as spell 1, should only restore mana based on amount drained, not the maximum it can drain :)

--

Spell 4 - Mana Burst (1 rank)
Places a debuff on a target for 8 seconds. When the debuff ends, the target takes damage equal to 2x the difference in mana from when the debuff was placed.

Example: Target has 500 mana when debuff is put on. When the debuff is gone, the target has 100 mana, the difference is 400. Then the target takes 800 damage :)

------

If you have any questions, be free to ask :) thanks for the help

Level 15
Ok, well I can start with a request :) a Hero Spell Pack for the Mana Hunter. He has the Fel Beast model.

Spell 1 - Energy Drain (3 ranks)
Instantly burns up to 30/60/90 mana and deals damage equal to 200% of mana burned.

If you for example have rank 3 and the target only have 50 mana left. Then it burns 50 mana and deals 100 damage. So make sure it doesn't always deal 180 damage, only if it burns 90.

--

Spell 2 - Combustion (3 ranks)
Places a debuff on a target for 6 seconds. If the target casts a spell during this time, the debuff is consumed, the target looses 10/20/30% of its mana and is silenced for 3 seconds.
Range: 700

--

Spell 3 - Mana Feed (3 ranks)
Passive skill which causes the Mana Hunters attack to drain up to 10/20/30 mana from the target, restoring 50% of mana drained to the Mana Hunter.

Same as spell 1, should only restore mana based on amount drained, not the maximum it can drain :)

--

Spell 4 - Mana Burst (1 rank)
Places a debuff on a target for 8 seconds. When the debuff ends, the target takes damage equal to 2x the difference in mana from when the debuff was placed.

Example: Target has 500 mana when debuff is put on. When the debuff is gone, the target has 100 mana, the difference is 400. Then the target takes 800 damage :)

------

If you have any questions, be free to ask :) thanks for the help

i can do all of those spells is it ok if i use this damage detection system for the third spell

and does the last spell work in the other way around also like if the hero gains mana after the debuff

the spells will be done with GUI indexting and will be MUI evan if its not needed

ill do them tomorrow im also going out tomorrow for maybe the whole day so im unsure ill be able to complet them but ill defently start them

Level 11
i can do all of those spells is it ok if i use this damage detection system for the third spell

the spells will be done with GUI indexting and will be MUI evan if its not needed

ill do them tomorrow im also going out tomorrow for maybe the whole day so im unsure ill be able to complet them but ill defently start them

Cool, take your time m8, there is alot of work needed so there is no hurry :) thanks for taking time helping :D

Level 15
all spells fully work but combustion i couldent work out a way to do it im sorry

if u need help importing them to your map just ask

note that i havent changed the tooltips for the spells

Attachments

• mana hunter.w3x
    37.8 KB · Views: 81
Level 11
That would be nice :) I have made a simple version of it myself atm.

If a unit casts a spell when having the specific buff the unit looses the buff and 30% of its mana. Then I create a dummy unit which silences him for 3 sec :p

Might be a better way to do it :p

Level 16
Hi-ho. Just butting in to give you some suggestions.

Mountain Giant - Tank. Goddamn freaking tank. Taunt, War Stomp variant, Thorns Aura and the like. These are the images that normally pop up when you thought of a golem living in mountains.

Phoenix - A little too fragile, don't you think? Having spells that are use up health in an AoS is quite hard to pull unless the Phoenix have a ridiculous amount of strength. Other than giving it a healing skill, you would also need to balance its health regen.

Spirit Keeper - Lets use some fridge logic: if he stores the souls of his hero comrades, how the heck did they return? D: Maybe instead of their souls, he gains a stack of soul fragments depending on the hero's (or unit's) level that he can use for various, morally questionable purposes?

Shaman - Debuff debuff buff nuke. That's how shamans roll, vixens.

Sea Caller - Tank mage? Not unheard of, but indeed rare. Usually have summoning spell and buffs.

Mana Hunter - IMO his skills are quite underpowered, being only effective in a chaotic situation where players may (heavy emphasis on "may") not look at their list of debuffs and cast truckloads of spells and kills themselves because of Mana Burst. That said, Energy Drain and Mana Feed is quite reliable for any situation. But the other two is just lackluster compared to them. Keep in mind that this only my opinion.

Risen Knight - for the love of all that is holy, don't do a Pudge copy. His class name would actually suggest something along the lines of support-magic tank like Sea Caller above.

Dark Ranger - It depends on what dark ranger you are talking about. The undead elven kind or the demonic kind or the skeletal kind? Pick one and take a trip through the slippery ride to create its skills.

That's all. Have a nice day.

Level 11
im mainly just working on systems and stuff for my map and waiting for it to be terrained.i feel i cant do much with out the terrain done.
i can say that i am free to do your requests.

That sounds great, perhaps you can try out Ghostly Magi?

Arcane Bolt (3 ranks)
Channels a spell upon a targeted enemy for 5 seconds. Each second a bolt of Arcane energy is released upon the target dealing 25/50/75 damage. If the target gets 800 or further away from the caster the channel ends.

---

Arcane Recharge (3 ranks)
Instantly restores 100/200/300 mana to a targeted friendly unit or himself.
(This one I could make myself, so you don't have to do it if you don't wan't to)

---

Overload (3 ranks)
Channels a powerful spell at a point of a targeted unit. For each second spent channeling the target will take 50/100/150 damage when the channel ends. Can be channeled for up to 5 seconds. If the target gets 500 away from the channeled point before the channel ends, this spell deals no damage.

Basically you target a unit, but the ground under the target will be saved. The spell doesn't deal damage every sec, but deals all damage at once when the channel ends. Caster should be able to interrupt the spell whenever he likes, and the spell should damage based on how long he has channeled.

For example he stops channeling after 3 sec, if the target of the spell is within 500 of the place he stood when the channeling began, he takes 50x3=150 damage. If spell has been channeled for less than 1 sec, it deals no damage.

---

Arcane Affinity (1 rank)
Passively enhances the Ghostly Magis spells.
Arcane Bolt - Increases damage of each bolt by 2 per Wisdom of the Ghostly Magi.
Arcane Recharge - Restores an additional 5 mana per Wisdom of the Ghostly Magi.
Overload - Increases damage per sec spent channeling by 4 per Wisdom of the Ghostly Magi.

This ability has no trigger in istself, you just check on the other spells triggers if the Caster has this ability, if he has, then you add the extra damage/mana gain based on the Casters Intelligence (which is Wisdom in this map), else it only does what it normally does.

Thanks for the help Millzy :)

---

Peacehagen, I can help you with some hero and their spells, but first do they need to be full triggered?If yes, do they need to be advance trigger?

That would be awesome :) Yes they need to be fully triggered as I'm not a very good triggerer. About advanced triggering, there will probably be some, since I am not a good triggerer I can't say if something is advanced or not to make, but I can give you some ideas I have and we can see if you can do it or not :) Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

Perhaps you wan't to try and make the Warlock? :)

Corruption (3 ranks)
Deals 20/30/40 damage per sec for 8 seconds.
(Triggers not needed, I'll just base it of Unholy Frenzy)

---

Curse of Pain (3 ranks)
Deals 10/15/20 damage per sec over 10 seconds. In addition the target deals 10% less damage through the duration.

---

(Here is a huge one :p)
Summon Felguard (3 ranks)
Summons a Felguard to fight for the Warlock until killed. Can carry up to 4 items which are stored when the Felguard is resummoned. Starts with Cleave ability. Learns Charge at rank 2 and Wrecking Attacks at rank 3.

Cleave - Each attack deals 50% of its damage to nearby enemies in a 250 radius.
Charge - Charges a target at high speed dealing 50 damage and stuns it for 2 seconds.
Wrecking Attacks - Attacks against buildings deal 3x normal damage.

The Felguard is not a Hero, but a normal unit. I think what you need to do is save the items in each slot, and when resummoning the Felguard, you create the items saved from each slot in its inventory, but not sure :p Cleave and Wrecking Attacks does not need triggers, so I only need the Charge spell. I might be able to find something good in the spell section, but if you like you can make it aswell :) If so, he should charge at 800 speed, and with shadows created behind him :)

---

Soul Torment (1 rank)
Binds an enemies soul with Shadow Magic, dealing 100 damage per sec for 4 seconds. While the soul is being tormented, the target attacks and moves 50% slower.

Thats the 4 spells, or 3 you need to make :) Thanks in advance Yeohxin

---

Hi-ho. Just butting in to give you some suggestions.

Mountain Giant - Tank. Goddamn freaking tank. Taunt, War Stomp variant, Thorns Aura and the like. These are the images that normally pop up when you thought of a golem living in mountains.

Yeah, he will be a tank definately. Thorns is not something I have thought about, I suppose maybe an activated one so it can be a bit stronger. I was thinking about +armor passive ability and passive ability which removes debuffs every few sec. War stomp variant is something I'll keep in mind :)

Phoenix - A little too fragile, don't you think? Having spells that are use up health in an AoS is quite hard to pull unless the Phoenix have a ridiculous amount of strength. Other than giving it a healing skill, you would also need to balance its health regen.

He will be a bit tricky to balance, but Phoenix is somewhat about losing health imo, also rebirth, but I believe that is not a very good AoS ability. Basically he will use damaging abilities at the cost of health, and can use his mana to regen health. His passive health regen won't be greater than others, for now.

Spirit Keeper - Lets use some fridge logic: if he stores the souls of his hero comrades, how the heck did they return? D: Maybe instead of their souls, he gains a stack of soul fragments depending on the hero's (or unit's) level that he can use for various, morally questionable purposes?

True, Soul fragments is better :)

Shaman - Debuff debuff buff nuke. That's how shamans roll, vixens.

Hmm, not atm :p but I actually don't have any real debuffers atm so he could possibly be one.

Sea Caller - Tank mage? Not unheard of, but indeed rare. Usually have summoning spell and buffs.

A melee caster you could say yes. He will be able to turn into water and teleport to a targeted destination, can be used both for offense and defense. Summons is a great idea as he is not near finnished.

Mana Hunter - IMO his skills are quite underpowered, being only effective in a chaotic situation where players may (heavy emphasis on "may") not look at their list of debuffs and cast truckloads of spells and kills themselves because of Mana Burst. That said, Energy Drain and Mana Feed is quite reliable for any situation. But the other two is just lackluster compared to them. Keep in mind that this only my opinion.

You should not underestimate Mana Burst. Good players will not cast spells when its activated, true, but note that it works as a silence through that time. The Mana Hunter will be free to do what he wants with the target for those seconds as the target won't be able to use any of his abilities.

Risen Knight - for the love of all that is holy, don't do a Pudge copy. His class name would actually suggest something along the lines of support-magic tank like Sea Caller above.

It is hard to make unique Heroes, I will try and not make him a copy, but he will keep the hook spell. His other abilities will seperate him from Pudge. If you have any suggestions, please let me know :)

Dark Ranger - It depends on what dark ranger you are talking about. The undead elven kind or the demonic kind or the skeletal kind? Pick one and take a trip through the slippery ride to create its skills.

It is using the Undead Elf model. I am not sure if this one should use traps or save that for some other Hero. Rangers can use traps, but an Undead one would probably work better with some Shadow Magic involved. Feel free to come with suggestions for this one aswell :)

That's all. Have a nice day.

Thanks for all your thoughts, I'll do my best to make unique, yet fun Heroes to play :) It is always great to get ideas from different people to improve.

Level 15
ill do what i can for the request

Arcane Bolt (3 ranks)
Channels a spell upon a targeted enemy for 5 seconds. Each second a bolt of Arcane energy is released upon the target dealing 25/50/75 damage. If the target gets 800 or further away from the caster the channel ends.

---

Arcane Recharge (3 ranks)
Instantly restores 100/200/300 mana to a targeted friendly unit or himself.
(This one I could make myself, so you don't have to do it if you don't wan't to)

---

Overload (3 ranks)
Channels a powerful spell at a point of a targeted unit. For each second spent channeling the target will take 50/100/150 damage when the channel ends. Can be channeled for up to 5 seconds. If the target gets 500 away from the channeled point before the channel ends, this spell deals no damage.

Basically you target a unit, but the ground under the target will be saved. The spell doesn't deal damage every sec, but deals all damage at once when the channel ends. Caster should be able to interrupt the spell whenever he likes, and the spell should damage based on how long he has channeled.

For example he stops channeling after 3 sec, if the target of the spell is within 500 of the place he stood when the channeling began, he takes 50x3=150 damage. If spell has been channeled for less than 1 sec, it deals no damage.

---

Arcane Affinity (1 rank)
Passively enhances the Ghostly Magis spells.
Arcane Bolt - Increases damage of each bolt by 2 per Wisdom of the Ghostly Magi.
Arcane Recharge - Restores an additional 5 mana per Wisdom of the Ghostly Magi.
Overload - Increases damage per sec spent channeling by 4 per Wisdom of the Ghostly Magi.

This ability has no trigger in istself, you just check on the other spells triggers if the Caster has this ability, if he has, then you add the extra damage/mana gain based on the Casters Intelligence (which is Wisdom in this map), else it only does what it normally does.

overload is confusing me so the hero channels a spell and on a unit that deals damage over time??????? then another x damage at the end????? whats the damage over time for the spell also the unit has can cancle the channel and it will still damge what about if the unit is stunned when channeling??
if the unit gets fare enough away there is no damage?

Level 11
overload is confusing me so the hero channels a spell and on a unit that deals damage over time??????? then another x damage at the end????? whats the damage over time for the spell also the unit has can cancle the channel and it will still damge what about if the unit is stunned when channeling?? if the unit gets fare enough away there is no damage?

Hm, after thinking about it lets change the spell instead, it is a bit confusing I know :)

You target ground instead, a 500 AoE (could use Flame Strike or something like that for base spell to see the AoE radius). Then the Hero channels the spell over that ground for up to 5 seconds. It deals NO damage while channeling. But based on how long the Caster have channeled the spell, when the channel ends, all enemies in the 500 AoE takes damage.

For example, rank 1 deals 50 damage per sec spent channeling.
Caster channels the spell for 4 seconds. After those 4 seconds has passed, all enemies in the 500 AoE takes 50x4=200 damage. Before this, no one takes any damage at all.

If caster gets stunned, channel stops :) it only deals damage when channeling stops if he has channeled for more than 1 sec. Then it deals damage equal to 50x(sec spent channeling). I think the change to the spell made it a bit easier.

So NO DAMAGE OVER TIME :D only damage at the end of channeling, both if it channels through the whole time, or is interrupted.

Hope this clarifies a bit :)

Got anything for me to do? :p

I can think of some hero ideas if you want to. I have random heroes laying around for which I couldn't find any use, maybe you'll like them ^^

Yeah sure, that would be great :) I could send you my Hero ideas so far, you'll get info on their primary attribute and model used so it is easier to think up spells for them. You can modify spells I already have for ideas, and come up with new ones. There are quite alot of Heroes who doesn't have any spells at all atm.

You could start out with the Sea Caller actually :)

Here is the skin used: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/nagamyrmidon3-blp-139513/?prev=search=naga&d=list&r=20

So, he only have one spell, and that is:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...170012/?prev=search=double%20tide&d=list&r=20

It works very well for this model :) His submerge animation looks awesome for this spell :) But you can try figure out the 3 other spells. 2 spells with 3 ranks and one ultimate. Thanks for the help :)

Level 15
alright ill do ur spells tomorrow or start them to night

should there be some kind of effect at the location?? then some thing happaning at the end of the channel since that its damage at the end of the channel?

Last edited:
Level 11
alright ill do ur spells tomorrow or start them to night

should there be some kind of effect at the location?? then some thing happaning at the end of the channel since that its damage at the end of the channel?

Great :D

You could make some kind of spell effect each second spent channeling so you can count how many seconds you have channeled. When channel ends you can make an explosion of some sort which deals the damage :)

Level 10
Thats the 4 spells, or 3 you need to make :) Thanks in advance Yeohxin[/quote]
Okey, first of all, do you need them to be MUI?or MPI?

Peacehagen said:
Curse of Pain (3 ranks)
Deals 10/15/20 damage per sec over 10 seconds. In addition the target deals 10% less damage through the duration.
Got it =)

Peacehagen said:
Summon Felguard (3 ranks)
Summons a Felguard to fight for the Warlock until killed. Can carry up to 4 items which are stored when the Felguard is resummoned. Starts with Cleave ability. Learns Charge at rank 2 and Wrecking Attacks at rank 3.

Cleave - Each attack deals 50% of its damage to nearby enemies in a 250 radius.
Charge - Charges a target at high speed dealing 50 damage and stuns it for 2 seconds.
Wrecking Attacks - Attacks against buildings deal 3x normal damage.

The Felguard is not a Hero, but a normal unit. I think what you need to do is save the items in each slot, and when resummoning the Felguard, you create the items saved from each slot in its inventory, but not sure :p Cleave and Wrecking Attacks does not need triggers, so I only need the Charge spell. I might be able to find something good in the spell section, but if you like you can make it aswell :) If so, he should charge at 800 speed, and with shadows created behind him :)
Got it. But the charge mind I use one from the spell section's? Cuz I'm not so confident on mine.
Peacehagen said:
Soul Torment (1 rank)
Binds an enemies soul with Shadow Magic, dealing 100 damage per sec for 4 seconds. While the soul is being tormented, the target attacks and moves 50% slower.

Got it.

I can make them for ya but first of all I'd need to know if they need to be MUI/MPI.
Sorry that I'm only be able to MPI for now but If you needs it to me MUI you'll need to have someone else helping you.

Level 11
Players wont be able to choose the same Heroes and no Heroes will have the same spells :)

Also cooldown is longer than duration, so spells won't be up at more than 1 unit at a time.

Thanks for helping m8 :)

Level 6
Well, I'll try to do something for that hero but the spell that you linked doesn't really fit.

I'll do him with 4 spells and you can just replace any one if you want to :)
(and I won't import the model cuz I'm too lazy :p )

Level 10
Players wont be able to choose the same Heroes and no Heroes will have the same spells :)

Also cooldown is longer than duration, so spells won't be up at more than 1 unit at a time.

Thanks for helping m8 :)
So I guess I should done them MPI, I cannot sure that my triggers area fully efficient but hope you won't mind it. I'll start them tomorrow cuz it's late(1 a.m.)

Level 11
Well, it is only for beta anyway :) I'll see if I can find someone to look through the triggers in later version. Now I just want the Heroes to get done and work, effeciency and lagg will be fixed later somehow.

Thanks for all your help :)

Level 6
Well, I completed a naga hero but it's not really a sea lord. He's the Underlord, and his theme is spikes. Spikes spikes spikes spikes!

1st ability : Creates an orb at a target location. After half a second, the orb sends an impale towards the caster. The impale is your standard impale, albeit slower.

2nd ability : Every 5/4/3 attacks, the underlord releases 3 spikes towards the attacked unit, dealing 100 pure damage to it.

3rd ability : Enchants the weapon of the caster, making him deal 150 extra damage and a 2s stun on the next attack. Reduces mana cost and cooldown per level.

Ultimate : Burrows in the ground and resurfaces at the target location, dealing 300 AOE damage there.

The hero is done, I just need to remove some leaks and add some comments and stuff. I'll upload it tomorrow if you like ^^

Notes : The skills have 3 levels and the ultimate has one level. You can go ahead and change the leveling in any way you like :p

Level 11
Well, I completed a naga hero but it's not really a sea lord. He's the Underlord, and his theme is spikes. Spikes spikes spikes spikes!

1st ability : Creates an orb at a target location. After half a second, the orb sends an impale towards the caster. The impale is your standard impale, albeit slower.

2nd ability : Every 5/4/3 attacks, the underlord releases 3 spikes towards the attacked unit, dealing 100 pure damage to it.

3rd ability : Enchants the weapon of the caster, making him deal 150 extra damage and a 2s stun on the next attack. Reduces mana cost and cooldown per level.

Ultimate : Burrows in the ground and resurfaces at the target location, dealing 300 AOE damage there.

The hero is done, I just need to remove some leaks and add some comments and stuff. I'll upload it tomorrow if you like ^^

Notes : The skills have 3 levels and the ultimate has one level. You can go ahead and change the leveling in any way you like :p

This sounds cool, thanks alot :) yes, upload it please :D

Level 11
Thanks m8, I'll try him tomorrow when I get home :) really appreciate that people takes time to help :)

You mentioned before you had some other Heroes unused, would be really nice if you could either write about them or upload them or something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.