• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #10 - Bounty Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

San

San

Level 32
17005981_1633004086729791_1976673292_n-jpg.261855

17006031_1633105480052985_1642680300_n-jpg.261856

Attachments

• 17005981_1633004086729791_1976673292_n.jpg
    17005981_1633004086729791_1976673292_n.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 602
  • 17006031_1633105480052985_1642680300_n.jpg
    17006031_1633105480052985_1642680300_n.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 627
Level 9
Idk if i nailed uploading the picture on my phone but that's all i got man xd
I was thinking about 2 possible scenes;
My bounty hunter should gang on it's hunt from a tree or some kind of a goblin smelling structure, or a few minutes earlier.. following it's hunt from a distance. Still not sure with the scene but yeah, a detailed sketch for this crazy contest.
2017-03-06 00.52.39.jpg
Dangit! it's really hard for me to decide if this is good enough, i might change it after a little more work on it.
2017-03-06 21.46.12.jpg

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

Not gonna finish my entry anymore, it lacks of posture and some details and my assfucking relatives keep on shoving me on this shitty damn internet shop I work. I quit as an contestant.

Level 9
Dude, @Exarch, I actually liked WIP1 better. Both are great, and 2 is really detailed, but somehow it's... too much detail, on too many things? I guess I should say, I look at it & am confused ("where's the dude? what's going on?"), whereas your first WIP is incredibly clear.
Thanks for the observation bro, but it's not finished yet maybe i could put some coloring on it and then it'll be more clear what's where and shadings aren't done yet. It's not the final it's just a wip. But indeed first one is way understandable than the second one xd
Edit: And c'mon man its a hunter he has to cover his ass, see? you couldn't see him it works he's good at his job lol. Oh wait! what if he's a she with those muscles ?o_O

Last edited:
Level 15
Random WIPing. I'm just gonna do the usual thing XD

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 120
Level 49
My entry.

Wild Mercenary.

Lore:

His name is unknown, rumored he is from lesser druids, the ones who are living in a deep forests in solitarily. Most of them never give attention to non forest life, they only were seen in forests by strangers, or were found by ones who lost from tracks. These half humans are strange, strong and really specific. No one knows how they become those who they are. Are they united or separated, are they hostile or neutral.

This one appeared in the same time when world was invaded by the dark creatures, dragons, trolls, spiders. He never talks about who he is and why he is doing that. But he is well known beastmaster. If somewhere a monsters terrifies a village or town, or, maybe, a merchant lost on a half path – he always come and offers to kill the beast for a huge fee. Getting hired he disappears for sometimes a half day, sometimes a month, but he always bring a proof of his work – a head, or another bodypart of defeated monster.

His real work is not to fight by a power the highly stronger enemy. Even an army cannot defeat a dragon. He investigates the beast, he is chase it, he puts on it’s weakness. He uses terrifying totems to scare it and guide it to the trap. He uses poisons and sharpies in lure corpses to defeat dragons. He hides when is necessary to hide – in any environment. His dress has special leather loops to attach disguise elements as leafs, or attach needed inventory for a hunt such as traps or nets, or dusts, even flasks etc. He wears a mask, that hides his breath making it inaudible, and uses special oil to hide a body spirit. Wears a shoe that does not makes a step noise. His only weapon is a half-hand sword, wide on a base and narrow close to the edge, that make it ideal for both heavy and accurate attacks, but for most cases any beast needs just one and only mortal strike and his job is done.
Wildhunter-representation.jpg

Attachments

• Wildhunter.jpg
    Wildhunter.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 148
Level 42
My entry.

Wild Mercenary.

Lore:

His name is unknown, rumored he is from lesser druids, the ones who are living in a deep forests in solitarily. Most of them never give attention to non forest life, they only were seen in forests by strangers, or were found by ones who lost from tracks. These half humans are strange, strong and really specific. No one knows how they become those who they are. Are they united or separated, are they hostile or neutral.

This one appeared in the same time when world was invaded by the dark creatures, dragons, trolls, spiders. He never talks about who he is and why he is doing that. But he is well known beastmaster. If somewhere a monsters terrifies a village or town, or, maybe, a merchant lost on a half path – he always come and offers to kill the beast for a huge fee. Getting hired he disappears for sometimes a half day, sometimes a month, but he always bring a proof of his work – a head, or another bodypart of defeated monster.

His real work is not to fight by a power the highly stronger enemy. Even an army cannot defeat a dragon. He investigates the beast, he is chase it, he puts on it’s weakness. He uses terrifying totems to scare it and guide it to the trap. He uses poisons and sharpies in lure corpses to defeat dragons. He hides when is necessary to hide – in any environment. His dress has special leather loops to attach disguise elements as leafs, or attach needed inventory for a hunt such as traps or nets, or dusts, even flasks etc. He wears a mask, that hides his breath making it inaudible, and uses special oil to hide a body spirit. Wears a shoe that does not makes a step noise. His only weapon is a half-hand sword, wide on a base and narrow close to the edge, that make it ideal for both heavy and accurate attacks, but for most cases any beast needs just one and only mortal strike and his job is done.
View attachment 263610

We found a winner here

Level 15
Lord Peekay - Win! --- PERFECT
I feels like totally forget how to render, so I'll pass (I always did this lol) (I already made the clean line)

Level 9
@NightStalker it's hot.
Guys, I'm wondering if an extension can be processed if im not making it back home in time, got to travel for work for few days. Planning to be back by Wednesday. I want to finish my second project and see which one will come out better but if there can't be any extension, i would be okay with my first one.

Last edited:
Level 19
lol i hope to see it finished too!! looks really epic!
Thanks again bro, hope something epic will come out after coloring it. :3

@NightStalker it's hot.
In wondering if an extension can be processed if im not making it back home in time, got to travel for work for few days. Planning to be back by Wednesday. I want to finish my second project and see which one will come out better but if there can't be any extension, i would be okay with my first one.
Thanks so much man,

I can always use an extension since I'm tight with my free times as well. Good luck on your work btw ^^

Level 28
@PeeKay Awesome entry! I love background/landscapes (I don't even have a person as an avatar) and I see you didn't go modest with lore - just the way I like it.

@Hayate Yay for goblins! I like the modern bad-ass look on him. But hey, why not put some more saturated color in there? I mean, the background is grey, his green is grey, his red parts are grey...

@NightStalker That's a really nice composition, the tilted horizon + the way our attention is drawn to the main character is very cool. Expecting the final thing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.