• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chronicles of Azeroth

Reactions: StoPCampinGn00b
----------Ashandrel Presents----------

Chronicles of Azeroth
Created by Ashandrel

Map Info:

A massive Aos game where you can also build tower, shops and train units to fight enemy heroes and siege their base.

Features:

A long last battle with very fast paced action that will push you to your limit of controlling skills.

• 6 Battle heroes and 4 types of worker heroes.
  • Customized creeps and structures with custom abilities.
  • A kill / death awarding system that makes building, defending and conquering bases essential and fun.
  • Vast and various tarrain to satisfy your fantasies of a glorious battle.

In such difficult scenario, you will learn many things about valor, heroism, and strategies. All to triumph in an endlessly raging battle.

Some else stuff about map:

When towers hit you from very far away, don't be afraid, just run and they will miss. Building a base is the most cost effective way to use your gold. Items are cheaper than tomes but you might lose them when your hero dies. There are codes in the quest log to change game modes to your likings and more.

Screenshots:

240883-albums7716-picture90800.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90802.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90805.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90803.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90806.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90812.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90807.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90808.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90809.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90810.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90816.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90815.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90821.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90824.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90823.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90822.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90817.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90818.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90819.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90820.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90827.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90828.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90814.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90829.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90830.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90813.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90831.jpg

240883-albums7716-picture90832.jpg

Added:
  • New codes that allow repick, turn visibility on/off, set creep spawning mode, place gold mine into the game... Old codes are also fixed for multiplayer.
  • Warden and Pit Lord has new abilities, other heroes have all their abilities' dagmage based on attributes, and are updated for fair pvp combat. It was a lot of work, and it feels alot better now. You should really check it out.
  • The corrupted Holy fountain in the dark woods can now be claimed to the light or darkness by a hero of either side.
Changed:
  • Quest log is made shorter
  • Creep spawning and creep paths are fixed to be more equal around the map.

Credits:

All Thanks to:
Ashandrel

Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
Blizzard Entertainment

Author's notes:

Help yourself to a lot of fun, and feel free to make your own verson of this map if you like. Because I won't be around making maps anymore. This is my last one. Please give a rating and leave a comment, don't be silent. Thankyou.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Keywords:[/b]
Glorious battle, Chronicles, Epic, Extreme, Massive, Beautiful, Nuke.
Contents

Chronicles of Azeroth (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b Chronicles of Azeroth by Ashandrel RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 18/30 Terrain & Aesthetics: 10/20 Total Score: 28/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+ 4 Stars: 40-47 3 Stars: 25-39 2 Stars: 10-24 1 Stars...

M

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Chronicles of Azeroth
by Ashandrel
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 18/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 10/20
Total Score: 28/50

Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
The gameplay in this AoS map isn't a DotA copy nor does it share the base features of the popular and generic RTS games. Though it isn't unique, it's nice to see more maps like this (AoS & RTS combo). Expect playing for a long time, as the war is on a truly epic scale and you need to rack up money to get an advantage in this map. This map is playable in single player, but as the author stated, more than two players are recommended on one team because you need builders!

I've played every hero and they all seem to be weak and overpowered in their own way. The spell caster will be weak but have damaging things to cast, while beefy strength heroes are powerful up front but not so great when coming from the movement speed and some spells. Some heroes to have somewhat fun custom abilities to use, but it's disappointing that only few heroes have custom abilities to use (Out of the very few 8 there are + a builder). Ultimates? All are a lot more powerful than most AoS maps, though they are counter-able.

Being a builder in the map is just building melee based buildings with added extras. Builders are essential to the map, as they provide items for the heroes and they simply are the key to win. For humans, it isn't exactly clear how to get a well/fountain, please tell how! As I stated above, I did find it, but it took a while. Your screenshots do not help. Other things I dislike about the builders are how the descriptions are a little unclear and how you can build on almost anything.

The spawning units are highly varied. I don't recommend playing this if you have a cheap computer, as units tend to flood the map if there aren't many players killing them off. Units such as spell breakers are overly annoying and frustrating, how about toning down their feedback ability?

Overall the gameplay is something we've seen before and it gets repetitive, but of course the author has influenced his/her own twist and style to the map.

18/30

Terrain & Aesthetics:
The terrain tile usage in this map was average, some places were full blight and full grass which makes it look ugly. For the most part, it was okay.

The doodad placement was decent in the north, trees, a few environmental doodads, and urban looking doodads are placed moderately. In the undead themed south, it's a whole different story. It is very dull and barren, excluding the sewer area. There are barely any doodads besides trees.

10/20
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules followed, map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall this isn't just another DotA, but it isn't exactly stand out. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Level 4
Firstly what is up with that spinning rock at the southern east orc/daemonic base, it made me feel like I was going to have a seizure xD. /don't ask\
Secondly you have tons of trees stacked in specific areas where they're not needed, again inside of the black mask at the very top which could be placed somewhere more... Useful.

It's not bad but the terrain definately needs more improvement.
Not sure what structure you have in place to counter this but the orc/demon base looks more unbalanced compared to the humans, they have tons of defences where the humans don't have much.
Break down:
1) Don't spam trees in small areas
2) Remove the seizure rock
3) Look up a terraining tutorial
4) Fix whateverthehell is going on with that fortress of a daemonic base/Obviously assuming this is supposed to be balanced\

Level 2
__Well, that rock was meant to be a seizure as it would roll from the humans' base towards the orcs' main gate and destroy it if it's closed, but the giant low quality rock is breaking immersion, and the seizure is unnecessary, so i'll remove it.

__About the trees scattered across the map, they are not random, I placed every single tree with the "single tree" placement, so that the forests look lush but not dense (small units like zombies can walk through). And the trees in those small areas are essential, they provide "line of sight blocking" for cunning combats and for building secret expeditions. They also heal night-elves in combat and provide lumber for expansions (you will want to build your base somewhere with trees and away from dangerous zones).
I've tested this map hundreds of times and every tree has served my purposes well. lots of those trees took me a while to decide where they should stand, and are adjusted many times after many tests. I won't remove them unless I want to change their utility.

__About the trees in the black mask, people can see them in game, so there has some trees. It would be wrong to see a weird blank rectangular field right behind a lush elven forest. Again, the trees aren't dense, I placed each one of them singularly.

__I agree about the terrain, i can improve it, but it will take forever to be perfect, so I'll only make it to a satisfying level.

__The orcs' defense does need some adjustment. And true, the humans' defense needs to be more difficult to bridge.

__I did look up a terraining tutorial like you asked. Not much I can use, my terrain is stable and beautiful. And I find those pathing blockers highly troubling for my units with special movement. I'm NOT saying that the tutorial is unnecessary, but it's just too many new things for me. My friends don't play warcraft 3 any more, and so will I after this map is published (we are old).

__Summary:
_I'll remove the rock.
_I'll take a closer look to adjust the trees, see if I've made a mistake somewhere.
_The black mask is considered a part of the world, so they won't be blank.
_I'll make a big change about the terrain.
_The humans' base will be reinforced, and the orcs' will be adjusted.

__Thankyou for your comment.

Level 2
I've just found and fixed a bug with the neutral war machines. Now the driver can no longer get dropped out by clicking on the red hero icon. And I've also fixed a few clipping cliffs. Now there should be no problem left.

Level 9
Screenshots aint working.
Edit: Tried the map and this map needs improvement. First of all those great towers damage and range is too high. Second flying machines attack speed is too high. You should also add more permament items to shops.

Last edited:
Level 2
Screenshots aint working.
Edit: Tried the map and this map needs improvement. First of all those great towers damage and range is too high. Second flying machines attack speed is too high. You should also add more permament items to shops.

What's wrong with the screenshots? You don't see them?
I've just edited the album to public view. Can you see the screenshots now?

And about the attack speed, damage and range, I've adjusted them many times to be that way, that's how I wanted them to be. I agree about the items, but since players have to spend much control on their units, and heroes lose their items on death, that's not a very important thing. I'll leave it to the next update, which might never happen, sorry.

Level 9
Screenshots work now, but what you mean they have to spend much control on their units? I only used magtheridon. Also there is one problem. Without a heros help red forces get easily beaten by blue forces. Also you need to atleast lower great towers range. Its not normal how im destroying one base and like from very far away from another base im getting shot and its very annying mostly, because the towers damage and attack speed is so high. Also whats with the carriers? They look like moving boxes. Right now i can only give it 3/5.

Level 2
Screenshots work now, but what you mean they have to spend much control on their units? I only used magtheridon. Also there is one problem. Without a heros help red forces get easily beaten by blue forces. Right now i can only give it 3/5.

_Actually, it's random. Sometimes the red force win, some times the blue force win.
_The tower on the hill atop of the human town in the woods is the town's great watch tower (I call it the Sentry Hill), you should take it out before attacking the town. And it's the only one with position like that. If you haven't noticed, most buildings are blind at night, allowing you to sneak in and place explosives.
_Magtheridon is the easiest hero, you should try other heroes and build an army, because other players would take you out easily if they have units and you don't, even if you play Magtheridon.
_Sorry I couldn't make the boxes smaller than their cart, but they actually have wheels if you look closely.

Working for me.

You shouldn't really put a lot of fire in demon territory. I know they're demons, burning and all, but you should make the terrain more detailed as to what's causing the fire (grass is very near, shouldn't it have burned out?).

The idea was that when the demons came, they blasted the land with fiery power before building their fortress on it. The fire was just recently there, so the grass and trees are still green right next to it.

Last edited:
Level 9
Well i doubt i will be playing this in battle.net, because its dead anyway. Dota is like the only one people play. Even Troll vs Elves is dead.
Edit: I played again and im seriously starting to hate this. Towers have always been a problem in AoS maps, but the great towers are even worse. Even worse is that so many enemy units spawned that they trapped me and ofcourse there were godddamn 3 great towers shooting me with their 176 damage. Even Magthteridon is not strong enough. So yeah this is very hard against no enemy heroes so playing this in multiplayer would be hopeless, because then there would be enemy heroes and that would make it 5 times more harder and the game would go on forever. This is by far the most hardest AoS map and that makes it really boring. Problem is that there are way too many towers. There should not be more than 2-3 towers in the little bases.

Level 2
Well i doubt i will be playing this in battle.net, because its dead anyway. Dota is like the only one people play. Even Troll vs Elves is dead.
Edit: I played again and im seriously starting to hate this. Towers have always been a problem in AoS maps, but the great towers are even worse. Even worse is that so many enemy units spawned that they trapped me and ofcourse there were godddamn 3 great towers shooting me with their 176 damage. Even Magthteridon is not strong enough. So yeah this is very hard against no enemy heroes so playing this in multiplayer would be hopeless, because then there would be enemy heroes and that would make it 5 times more harder and the game would go on forever. This is by far the most hardest AoS map and that makes it really boring. Problem is that there are way too many towers. There should not be more than 2-3 towers in the little bases.

Oh comon, build an army, that is the most fun thing about this map, didn't you see this everywhere "...but to win the war, you must build your own army...). build your towers, the big ones, build them on the mountains to shoot in from 4000 units away. And build some smaller ones to defend those big ones. Spawn your dragons, siege golem... Each race has several ways to siege on a base. Read the quest log.

Or just see the screenshots, they pretty much explain everything.

_This is a new type of game, so keep an open mind.
_It's not like Dota, heroes in here have different roles and it takes a lot more control to bridge a defense or to break a combination of units.
_It's not like DDay, most units in here have unique utilities and are not to be taken out meaninglessly.
_It's not a melee game. It's a role playing game. But still, you need to at least know how to play a melee game to play well in this one. Learn about the armor types and attack types. And the techtrees for buildings here are almost the same as in melee game.
_It feels like a "Castle defense" when your heroes try to defend your expedition against numerous enemies. It feels like Dota when you meet enemy heroes in battles. It feels like a role playing campaign when you strive to achieve continuous destinations that will give you powers to win the game. It feels like nothing else when your hero charge into battle against a giant horrible wall of defense with a vast allied army by your side, explosions everywhere and deadly missiles rain from the sky.
_This is the Chronicles of Azeroth. I didn't make another Dota. I don't re-invent the wheels.

Last edited:
Level 2
__I've just read about leaks, my map is full of them. I can't fix this. I'm not a programmer. I thought Blizzard's scripts were perfect. From the possibilities the the GUI offered, I've made all kinds of complexes, now I know that only with Jass can a complex be made. I can't fix this.
__Please just approve. The leaks aren't heavy. I've tested the map dozens of times. Some tests lasted for almost 3 hours, and I still didn't see much performance loss. I've risked a lot spending so much time to finish this map. And then I spent even more time to polish it with descriptions, instructions, cover image and loading screen to match your quality. And now, the last and least important thing, which doesn't even cause any problem in game, is going to prevent my art work from being approved, forever? :goblin_cry:

Last edited:
Level 19
You dont need to be a programer to remove leaks, just store stuff like Center of Region, Position of Unit, Units in... and etc into a variable and then remove them via custom script. Its annoying and repetetive to do if you already have everything done, but its worth it.

Level 2
If anyone ever don't know what to do in this map, then here is a rote:

1) _ Pick a hero, fight for some gold and lumber, buy a "Great Hall building package" from an allied town hall, go to a forest, build your town hall.

2) _ Train workers to harvest lumber while your hero make some more gold, upgrade your town hall, this is when the real battle begins.

3) _ Use your hero to push the front line, build towers on the hills that you've taken control, defend those towers. Towers will make more gold than your hero can ever try to get. Upgrade your town hall to final tier.

4) _ Upgrade Dire Cannon (from Cannon Tower), Wrath (from Spirit lodge). these things have extremely long attack range. Use them to destroy enemies' bases.

5) _ If your enemies also have Wrath or Dire Cannon inside their base, then you can't build yours close enough to shoot without getting shot first. So, you will have to train your Dragons or Flying Machines to make your way in. The Night Elf has Tree of Eternity, and the Undead has Black Citadel, these structures have unstoppable movement and so much hit points that they can bridge any reinforced defense easily.

Hints:
_ Great Towers, Terror watches, Dire Cannons, Wraths have artillery attack type, which means if their target is moving, they will miss and hit the ground.
_ All human buildings and orc buildings are blind during night, except Arcane Towers and Doom Towers. Night Elf and Undead have night vision.
_ Altars transport heroes
_ Blacksmith, workshop, arcane vault, warmill, voodoo lodge, hunters' hall, ancient of wonders, grave yard, tomb of relics, are item selling shops. They can be built by players where they're needed. There are also 4 types of un-buildable shops which are Book shelves (sell books), Supply junks (sell potions), Scholomance (sells pedant of mana), Arcane Observatory (sells staffs).
_ Heroes aren't supposed to be ridiculously too powerful in this map. But still, if you want, you can use all your gold to buy attributes from book shelves. But remember, the more attributes your hero has, the longer it will take for resurrection (1 second / 8 attributes).
_ Heroes resist magic, piercing, siege damage, but are vulnerable to normal and chaos damage.
_ Only Dryads have divine defense type, which is only vulnerable to chaos damage.

Level 4
Hello, checked you map and here's what I've noticed so far.

1. Hero selection - a circle would be better and make it unable to buy more heroes after it already has 1. unless this is a 1+ hero type of map
2. Way too many units being produced (some get stuck)
3. Non-playing players named badly (the human side is just named Player 2 and other is Player 1)
4. I can attack my own ally (no friendly fire)
5. Sides are not balanced (units have different damage thus making some over-powered)
6. Creeps have their own skills making them unbalanced (some have - some don't)
7. The battle is not really efficient. They got stuck and more are coming. It's more like a queue
8. Needs a wider area of battle in some cases. It can get too congested in 1 area. too much unit produced and long battles making it crowded
9. Bad tooltips (unevenly spaced or incorrect positions)
10. Skills are not balanced or made properly. Buffs last way too long
11. Way too many towers near each other (not sure if it must be this way)
12. Tower damage (there are weak tower but there are strong tower)
13. Unit damage (i see units have 500+ damage. my life is only 500~ ish at level 1) (also tomes... hmm can make you really powerful if used too much)
14. Some repair units are getting stuck trying to repair a tower with walls
15. Some region waypoints? some units wont move at all
16. Not sure what are some buildings for. (shops can be destroyed?) they all have hit points and not invulnerable.
17. What is the village for? :D

mostly those. not sure if i missed anything. i suggest rebalance all units. i mean try to edit them (damage, tooltips.. everything) :D. it takes take to make a good and balanced map.

So overall it's hard, constantly dying on creeps and towers 'cause some are really strong.
Also not just focusing on a hero but building a base with the battle on-going is too much work (for me)
Make it more playable and fun.

Goodluck :D

Level 2
Hello, checked you map and here's what I've noticed so far...

... So overall it's hard, constantly dying on creeps and towers 'cause some are really strong.
Also not just focusing on a hero but building a base with the battle on-going is too much work (for me)
Make it more playable and fun.

Goodluck :D

Thanks for comming :D
_well, most issues I have are technological problems. Creeps aren't smart enough, system isn't rich, bad hero selection, no kill system, no item system, etc.
_About the damage balance, units and towers, trust me :) they're really satisfying when you can handle them. It took me a few try to start winning though :D
_The village is the starting source of zombie for the undead player.
_Unlike Dota, the creeps in here are meant to be scary. So that it would be worthy for you to wrath your power at them :) and it takes much combat strategies to win when there is an enemy hero in the fight.
_Shops can be destroyed and can be built, except the invulnerable ones and scholomance, which must be defended from the zombies' infestation. You can also build altars to transport heroes.
_And yes, you did miss a lot. Build some towers and siege units to push the enemies' gates, then build towers inside their walls to destroy the fortress (or the castle), win a game and you'll see what I mean :)

Last edited:
Level 32
I can't approve this just yet, I have a few questions and comments regarding the quality of the map.

- Why does the death knight have 15 abilities while others have 6? Sure, there are some passive abilities but there are 12 clickable abilities for that hero
- Why do around 400 green players zombies spawn late game?
- I don't exactly know which cliffs I can go through
- Horde's creeps are significantly stronger considering how alliance is usually pushed back toward their bases
- I suggest you make it more clear on how to build an army, it took me 10 minutes to figure it out

These are things holding the map back from approval. The questions are so if I know why those ideas were implemented to know if it is a defect or not of the map.

Level 2
I can't approve this just yet, I have a few questions and comments regarding the quality of the map...

... The questions are so if I know why those ideas were implemented to know if it is a defect or not of the map.

Hi, it's so good to know that someone still care about my map :)

- The death knight's 15 abilities are weaker and have longer cooldown than the other heroes' abilities. It is like he has a book full of junky spells. I wanted to also make a Paladin with 15 abilities but there is no time.
- The zombies are supply for the green player. Zombies and Ghouls can be loaded and consumed by a slaughter house or a meat wagon.
- The walkable cliffs are secret passages. You don't have to know them to play the game. But it's fun to discover :)
- The spawning system is almost random, so that the battle will continually change. The guy who rated my map 3 points complained that the alliance was stronger than the burning legion. I haven't changed anything cus I knew it was balanced.
- There are 2 screenshots explain how to build a town hall, and the first line of instruction in the quest log also explains that. Everybody knows what a town hall is used for, right? And in the description in the map selection menu, I did direct people to read the quest log for instructions.
- And yes, I've made lots differences between factions in this game, all for the better. They aren't defects.

Sorry I don't have time to update more. I can only push it this far, but now everything seems fairly fine. It's not perfectly polished, but once a player gets used to it, it's all good.
Please approve, so that I can rest in peace :)

Level 4
Hi, it's so good to know that someone still care about my map :)

- The death knight's 15 abilities are weaker and have longer cooldown than the other heroes' abilities. It is like he has a book full of junky spells. I wanted to also make a Paladin with 15 abilities but there is no time.
- The zombies are supply for the green player. Zombies and Ghouls can be loaded and consumed by a slaughter house or a meat wagon.
- The walkable cliffs are secret passages. You don't have to know them to play the game. But it's fun to discover :)
- The spawning system is almost random, so that the battle will continually change. The guy who rated my map 3 points complained that the alliance was stronger than the burning legion. I haven't changed anything cus I knew it was balanced.
- There are 2 screenshots explain how to build a town hall, and the first line of instruction in the quest log also explains that. Everybody knows what a town hall is used for, right? And in the description in the map selection menu, I did direct people to read the quest log for instructions.
- And yes, I've made lots differences between factions in this game, all for the better. They aren't defects.

Sorry I don't have time to update more. I can only push it this far, but now everything seems fairly fine. It's not perfectly polished, but once a player gets used to it, it's all good.
Please approve, so that I can rest in peace :)

rest in peace? so no more update after approval? i think its better to continue to update and improve this map.

Suggestion. just try to make everything balanced. balance in a way that nothing is too strong and nothing is too weak. :D

Level 2
rest in peace? so no more update after approval? i think its better to continue to update and improve this map.

Suggestion. just try to make everything balanced. balance in a way that nothing is too strong and nothing is too weak. :D

I'm glad that you do come back :D
It's the idea for an epic battle. The variety of powers makes the drama of war.
- How strong is a Doom Guard if it's enemy is a War Golem? But if a Doom Guard with 2 grunts, 1 raider and 1 shaman vs a War Golem with 2 footmen, 1 knight and 1 sorceress, it makes a dramatic battle :D
- There has to be small units to make the big unit looks big. And the small units can give the big unit enough trouble that it can be killed by another big unit. Even the smallest unit can gain victory for the team, that's heroism :D
- Sometimes units are crowded and queue in narrow spaces, but the battle still goes on furiously like the 300 spartans or like on the bridge in the battle of Deep Helm in The Lords of The Ring.
- I've seen heroic scenes constantly happen everywhere in this map, and that's something I'm really proud of :)

I really enjoyed improving the game, but I'm going to join the military in the next 5 months. I'm working hard on improving myself to be worthy of the world. Nerd time is over. life happens man :)
That's why I asked you to take on the map for me, you have the appreciation of art and the understanding of strategies and you seem to like making big epic battles. Or you can take the ideas and make your own map (my triggers are a mess). A serious war is about to go on in my country, I might not be alive in the next few years to see what happened. I do wish to live though, I have beautiful plans for life.

Level 32
Review finished! Farewell fellow map maker, thank you for sharing your last gaming days with us on Hive ;D. I also appreciate your response regarding the quality of the map.

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Chronicles of Azeroth
by Ashandrel
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

Scores

Explanation

Gameplay: 18/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 10/20
Total Score: 28/50

5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
The gameplay in this AoS map isn't a DotA copy nor does it share the base features of the popular and generic RTS games. Though it isn't unique, it's nice to see more maps like this (AoS & RTS combo). Expect playing for a long time, as the war is on a truly epic scale and you need to rack up money to get an advantage in this map. This map is playable in single player, but as the author stated, more than two players are recommended on one team because you need builders!

I've played every hero and they all seem to be weak and overpowered in their own way. The spell caster will be weak but have damaging things to cast, while beefy strength heroes are powerful up front but not so great when coming from the movement speed and some spells. Some heroes to have somewhat fun custom abilities to use, but it's disappointing that only few heroes have custom abilities to use (Out of the very few 8 there are + a builder). Ultimates? All are a lot more powerful than most AoS maps, though they are counter-able.

Being a builder in the map is just building melee based buildings with added extras. Builders are essential to the map, as they provide items for the heroes and they simply are the key to win. For humans, it isn't exactly clear how to get a well/fountain, please tell how! As I stated above, I did find it, but it took a while. Your screenshots do not help. Other things I dislike about the builders are how the descriptions are a little unclear and how you can build on almost anything.

The spawning units are highly varied. I don't recommend playing this if you have a cheap computer, as units tend to flood the map if there aren't many players killing them off. Units such as spell breakers are overly annoying and frustrating, how about toning down their feedback ability?

Overall the gameplay is something we've seen before and it gets repetitive, but of course the author has influenced his/her own twist and style to the map.

18/30

Terrain & Aesthetics:
The terrain tile usage in this map was average, some places were full blight and full grass which makes it look ugly. For the most part, it was okay.

The doodad placement was decent in the north, trees, a few environmental doodads, and urban looking doodads are placed moderately. In the undead themed south, it's a whole different story. It is very dull and barren, excluding the sewer area. There are barely any doodads besides trees.

10/20
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules followed, map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall this isn't just another DotA, but it isn't exactly stand out. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Last edited:
Level 2
thy still exist

Yes, lol, I'm here because I couldn't let a few simple things ruin the game-play experience forever. I spent a weekend doing these so that at least I always know some one in the world can enjoy it, and not hate it for the few bad stuffs like infinite tome buying or invulnerable scrolls of town portal, too little items, uncontrollable zombies, no award for killing heroes, etc... They are simple, easy to fix but cause very bad for the game.

Level 2
I've just fixed the new Scroll of Town Portal, now it can be used on to Tree of Eternity, Necropolis , Hall of the Dead and Black Citadel.

The problem was that those buildings had "Flying" movement type, so they can't be targeted for teleportation. Now, when a Scroll of Town Portal is used on one of those buildings, it will lock target on a temporary spawned unit underneath the target building.

Level 2
A home coming trip

Hello everyone, i'm home for a few weeks after a long year away, I've just made an update, the game is a lot more fun now, if you don't think so, just type -Lowspawn and -Goldmine. hope you like it :)