• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Christmas Showdown 2017

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Christmas Showdown 2017

Map Description

End of the year is here again and I want to thanks everyone at Hiveworkshop. It was a great year in this community and I hope 2018 will be even better. Merry Christmas and Happy new year guys!

Altered Melee for 2v2 or FFA.

Contains:
-13 500g base (4x) 10 500g exp(4x)
-16 green camps
-16 orange camps
- 4 red camps
- 1 Taverns
- 4 Goblin Merchants
- 4 Goblin Laboratories​

Screenshots

full

full

full

full

Changelog

[2017-12-18]

• Map Uploaded.

Author's Notes
Just wanted to make some map for holidays time, hope you will like it. Once again, merry christmas to everyone! :)

Have any suggestion? Please write a comment. I am opened to any ideas. Have a nice day!
Previews
Contents

Christmas Showdown 2017 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I suggest turning this into normal melee and use custom Christmas doodads instead. No custom unit and item models and certainly no editing the unit, ability, buff and upgrade object data. Murloc Huts are enemy. Creep variation is pretty much lacking...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I suggest turning this into normal melee and use custom Christmas doodads instead. No custom unit and item models and certainly no editing the unit, ability, buff and upgrade object data.
Murloc Huts are enemy.
Creep variation is pretty much lacking.

If you want to keep it Altered Melee, you'll have to make it more interesting and alter the gameplay more.
Either change race like here:
How to: Create a Full-working Custom Race
UB - Ultimate Battle v1.96 AI+
Deforestation of Felwood v2.1.1
Nightborne v1.03
Planetary Domination v2.04
or change the gameplay as in these:
Sands of Time [v1.9]
The Grand Citadel (Racial Issue 1.6)

A credits list is required in the description. You can use this to help you: Resources in Use by Christmas Showdown 2017 | HIVE

Awaiting Update.

================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Last edited: