• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WTii Showdown

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Supernickman 32
-WTii Showdown-
There's gold in dat dem der hills!
Rush for power in this dusty land of opportunity & beat off any pesky varmints that dare to take the gold for themselves!

Rush for Gold!

WTii Showdown is a 12 player Melee Map that pays homage to the late & great 8 Player Gold Rush map that many Battle.Net players hold near & dear to their heart.

Information

Screenshots

Changelog

Credits

Authors Notes

• 24 Gold Mines - 15000 gold each
  • 26 Orange Creep Camps
  • 2 Red Creep Camps
  • 2 Goblin Laboratories
  • 4 Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Mercenary Camps
  • 1 Marketplaces
  • 4 Taverns
WTii_Showdown_Screenshot.jpg
[2017.10.17] Uploaded WTii Showdown
Blizzard Entertainment for creating the original Gold Rush map
I edited the 8 Player Map 'Gold Rush' so more people could play on it! Ideal for community gameplay with friends!

For more about me check out wtiiwarcraft
Contents

WTii Showdown 1.10 (Map)

Level 26
So this is a melee map htat blizzard created? You added a few player locations? Why not create your own melee map instead, similiar to this one?
Sorry, but editing a melee map by adding a few units, buildings or starting locations aren't really any big changes.
Create your own map, and I can give you some feedback and perhaps approve it, but editing resources that other people have created is not good enough.

Level 7
I'm a little dissapointed by your response.

This is very different in many aspects to the original Blizzard version.
*12 Player instead of 8 (Hugely changes gameplay)
*+2 Laboratories +1 Marketplace (Increases strategical depth)
*More powerful items available as drops from creep & thus later in the Marketplace (more potential for fun combinations)

I have created maps from scratch in the past, however, if you have any idea of how gameplay works, Gold Rush was the best map in the 4v4 RT ladder pool until Blizzard removed it, it is sorely missed & being able to represent it again but for EVEN MORE players to have fun in seemed like a no brainer to me.

I also edited & touched up the map a little so I could use it as a base example of how to Upload Warcraft 3 Maps to Hiveworkshop in my video tutorial.
I even speak fondly of your assistance in the matter & now you contradict what I said.

This is not only a gateway introduction into helping others familiarize themselves with Hiveworkshop as it can be quite daunting but also a way to make Hiveworkshop more accessible & available for budding map makers to contribute to Warcraft 3's legacy.

WTii.

Level 26
Oh, you are that youtuber guy! :D
Actually, I assumed you were some troll when I saw the map preview picture (not a great example to set for others I must say) and your pretty new profile.

I'm very glad that you promote the hive in your video. Nice to have you on the hive!

I even speak fondly of your assistance in the matter & now you contradict what I said.
I appreciate it, and I surely want to assist, but there are so many maps uploaded with just small edits which I have to turn down, and I thought this was just another one.

This map being a blizzard map that they removed complicates stuff.
Since it is blizzard, and not some user that created this map, it is ok with the map rules to edit and upload it. The rules also state that the maps need to bring something new to the table, which this kinda does. It brings back the old map in a new way.

I also see that this could indeed be useful and fun for people to play, and this makes me consider approving it.
However, those are still very simple edits, but on a now non-blizzard map.

This could be updated:
-The name of the map. It doesn't really describe a melee map. I would suggest having somthing like "Goldrush Enchanced" rather than its current name, as peaople looking in the map list would have no idea about twhat this map is.
-The preview picture should also be changed for this reason.​
None of those points are breaking the rules, but I think this would be better in order to prevent confusion.

I realize (and apoligize for) that I might have come across a little rude in my last post. You should know that that is never my intention, as I belive being rude and unhelpful never leads anywhere.

I have to think on this for a while, wheter to approve it or not, but I'll return with my answer. :)

EIDT:
I decided to compare the maps side by side in order to see what really was different between them, and realized that the difference is quite big actually. I can see that it is based on gold rush, but it has been reconstructed.
I was fooled by your screeenshot, as it doesn't represent your actual map at all, but rather the goldrush map. This needs to be fixed.
Also, since this is not the map that everyone knows already, more screenshots is recommended, but not needed. Five is a good amount. :)

Seeing that they are that different, there won't be a problem that your map is based off gold rush, as it is pretty dramatically changed. It can be considered its own map.

I will review this in a while.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Dang, you are *the* WTii?? That's so cool. I enjoy your videos occasionally; until I heard of you, I had no idea people still played this game. Maybe someday I'll finish my custom Jungle Troll race in time for the likes of you to give it a whirl. : )