• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chemical Rage and Engineering Upgrade problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi there! I've tried to make a spell based on Chemical Rage ability that will morph the caster-hero into another hero, replacing his abilities.

I've managed to replace abilities by giving a disabled Spell Book with Engineering Upgrade to the "Alternate" form and it actually worked.

But when buff expires, my old buddy "Original" form looses all abilities and even doesn't recieve his ability points back.

Can somebody explain to me what's going on?

:vw_wtf::vw_sad::ogre_kawaii:

Level 19
you can simply disable Engineering upgrade instead of spellbook, that will hide it's icon but not effects
on the problem - you should control abilities either saving their level before morph, or setup proper abilities to the second (raged) unit as well, so they will be all the same.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Trigger added abilities are not saved between morphs unless you enable "permanence" with the appropriate action. However this does not sound entirely what you are suffering from.

Engineering Upgrade is quite buggy based on what I have heard over the years. Something like only modifying the melee/campaign one works properly.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Could you explain a bit, please?
Units lose all trigger added abilities during transformation unless you have used that native to make them "permanent". Once permanent they will be retained through transformations as is often intended.

For example, if you were to use triggers to add Storm Bolt to a Druid of the Claw and then transform him into Bear Form he would lose Storm Bolt ability, even when transformed back to Druid Form. If you were to add Storm Bolt and make it permanent (one action after the other) then he would not lose Storm Bolt and it could be used in both Bear and Druid Forms.

Level 4
Its JASS, in GUI you can use the function:

• Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(udg_variableName, true/false, 'abilityId')
Modify that with the variable name, true or false value, and abilityId. The abilityId can be obtained by pressing control d on the abilities tab, and looking at it's name. For example 'Amls'

Level 8
It also depends on your trigger. If you're using the event Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability, the trigger will run twice; once when you morph into your alternate unit and once more when it transforms back which will screw things up even more. There's this thread about a similar topic which might help explain what's going on (my last post sums it up if you want to skip to it).

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Ho.

Hold on.

Wait just a second.

Units lose all trigger added abilities during transformation unless you have used that native to make them "permanent"./
"All" as in... "All"? As in, all those hundreds of "if unit attacks & has this buff, Add Ability X else Remove Ability X" that I have made/used over the years? As in with all those triggers, doing that is nullified if that unit happens to transform???

Um.

I need an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.