• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger End Metamorphosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I would like to know if you could end Metamorphosis/Chemical Rage prematurely.

Simply removing the Buff won't do. And exchanging the Metamorphosis ability with another so the original will become the alternate unit and vice versa isn't a solution in my scenario, i doubt that that might be a solution anyway.

Since for example:
I got a hero with chemical rage and robo-goblin, when i first cast chemical rage and then later robo-goblin, the "timed buff" of chemical rage will trigger when it expires and the hero switches from robo-goblin-demolisher form to normal form. Even though robo-goblin isn't timed (has unlimited duration).
If you remove the buff of chemical rage, when robo-goblin form is cast, and later choose to switch to original form, he ends up in chemical rage form with no timer (unlimited duration).

I guess creating various abilities with different "original" forms is problematic since morphed units will be left in the dark if you exchange the ability while in alternate form.

I'm already surprised that world editor seems to remember and accept various "original" units, since he can change back to chemical rage level 1, 2 and 3 without a problem.

Cheers

I guess two morphs won't work, i think i will make the chemical Rage a passive...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.