• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Morphing abilities help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
How do you make morphing abilities like metamorphosis work for multiple units because I want more than one of my heroes to be able to use it and get stuck on the "Data - Normal Form Unit" because there isn't just one normal form unit. I get the same problem for chemical rage and other morphing abilities.

Level 33
You can try use this custom script to make your abilities stays at that unit (even morph/transform)

• Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(udg_Caster, true, 'AHfs')
udg_Caster = YourMorphUnit
true = It's a boolean, just set it to true, to make it permanent and stays on the unit
'AHfs' = Raw Code of a spell (AHfs is Flame Strike's raw code ID), you should replace it with your spell raw id code, which you can view it in Object Editor, at Abilities Tab, just press CTRL + D to view each abilities' raw id code

Level 1
The problem is i'm not using fixed spells for heroes - kind of like custom heroes where you pick your abilties. I have the spells a player chooses for his hero set into variables is there a way to call the raw code of these abilities?

There are also 2 more errors in the morphing:

1) When the spell is used, the hero stays the same for a few seconds (theres a metamorphosis timer which lasts for a few seconds) which expires and THEN the hero transforms into the demon form and the timer resets to the 60 seconds morphing time

2) When the spell is used the demon has no inventory and drops all items even though it has the skill Inventory (Hero). When the spell is finished the original form doesnt have the inventory either (it did before using the spell)

Status
Not open for further replies.