• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Morph Chaining.. can it be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi I'd like to have a hero on my map that has 3 chains of morphs. My hero is the druid of the claw.

Druid of the Claw has the ability is "Morph to Small Bear Form". The "Small Bear Form" unit will have a spell "Morph to Medium Bear Form". The "Medium Bear Form" unit will have a spell "Morph to Large Bear Form".

I'd like each form to have the option to morph back to the Druid of the Claw.

My tests so far:
I'm using Metamorphosis with strange results and just isn't working right at all.

Any help please :)

Level 12
Make a dummy spell and trigger the transformation? I love all the terrible advice being thrown around in this forum lately.

What you want to accomplish is fairly easy.

You'll need 4 units for this.
The Druid,
The Big Bear,
The Medium Bear,
and The Small Bear

You're also going to need 4 custom abilities:
Druid-> Big,
Big -> Medium,
Medium -> Small,
and Any -> Druid.

Make sure to toggle permanent morph on. You wanna make sure you have the right ability locations for their icon as well. I don't see how this can be screwed up very much.

Level 3
Make a dummy spell and trigger the transformation? I love all the terrible advice being thrown around in this forum lately.

What you want to accomplish is fairly easy.

You'll need 4 units for this.
The Druid,
The Big Bear,
The Medium Bear,
and The Small Bear

You're also going to need 4 custom abilities:
Druid-> Big,
Big -> Medium,
Medium -> Small,
and Any -> Druid.

Make sure to toggle permanent morph on. You wanna make sure you have the right ability locations for their icon as well. I don't see how this can be screwed up very much.

I'm not exactly sure what you're suggesting, but if it's what I think it would still screw him up due to having the same spell base 2 times on 1 unit. Even with buttons adjusted it still screws up as it's a question of spell ID.

You could perhaps accomplish it by using different morph spell bases such as Bear form, Crow form and Robo goblin, but I don't know if they'll mess up either.

Level 12
I'm not exactly sure what you're suggesting, but if it's what I think it would still screw him up due to having the same spell base 2 times on 1 unit. Even with buttons adjusted it still screws up as it's a question of spell ID.

You could perhaps accomplish it by using different morph spell bases such as Bear form, Crow form and Robo goblin, but I don't know if they'll mess up either.

That's why you use two different morph spells. One for the transitioning morph, and one for the constant morph.

Level 5
That's why you use two different morph spells. One for the transitioning morph, and one for the constant morph.

What 2 morph spells would you suggest. Right now I'm seeing the problem Vegavak talked about. Since they are all permanent Metamorphisis spells, they conflict. However if I use the bear form type spells, during the next form the "turn back" spell option carries over and causes problems.

edit: btw here is the list of morph spells
Abilities for Self Morphing
- Metamorphosis - Demon Hunter
- Destroyer Form - Obsidian Statue
- To make this both ways, go to "Data - Morphing Flags" and uncheck "Permanent"
- Strom Crow Form - Druid of the Talon
- Bear Form - Druid of the Claw
- Burrow - Crypt Fiend or Scarab
- Fiend and Scarab burrows, do not stack directly but act oddly the second time one is cast.
- Robo-Goblin - Goblin Tinker
- Stone Form - Gargoyle
- This ability has some problems I have yet to find a solution to, it crashes at times and I have yet to identify the reason.
-Submerge
- Only works for naval units

Abilities for Morphing Others
- Polymorph - Sorceress
- Go to "Stats - Targets Allowed" to pick the "Others"
- Call to Arms - Town Hall/Keep/Castle
- This ability has some problems I have yet to find a solution to, it crashes at times and I have yet to identify the reason.
- Hex - The Troll Guy (sorry!)

Status
Not open for further replies.