• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Morphing abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is it possible to make a morphing ability using different models and without the need to for model editing.

I notice that the model file used for druid of the claw is "Druid of the Claw (Bear Form), Druid of the Claw (Night Elf Form)". This suggests to me that both models must be built into a single model file and thus you have to use those models unless you want to edit them manually.

I have attempted to make an ability which transforms the casting unit (based on the furion model) into the druid of the claw (bear form) unit.

When the ability is clicked, the unit dies. When he is revived he has a bear form ability but it requires druid of the claw master training to cast, this appears to not be a hero ability. He also has his skill point refunded and can buy the bear form ability again, this shows up as a different ability and if used will kill him again.

Can anyone shed some light for me? thank you.

Level 11
Is it possible to make a morphing ability using different models and without the need to for model editing.

I notice that the model file used for druid of the claw is "Druid of the Claw (Bear Form), Druid of the Claw (Night Elf Form)". This suggests to me that both models must be built into a single model file and thus you have to use those models unless you want to edit them manually.

I have attempted to make an ability which transforms the casting unit (based on the furion model) into the druid of the claw (bear form) unit.

When the ability is clicked, the unit dies. When he is revived he has a bear form ability but it requires druid of the claw master training to cast, this appears to not be a hero ability. He also has his skill point refunded and can buy the bear form ability again, this shows up as a different ability and if used will kill him again.

Can anyone shed some light for me? thank you.
Some models got alternate forms which means there are models which do have two "form" of models in a single model.
In order to gain the alternate form of a model click a unit.
Be sure that the model you are using to that unit got an alternate form.
Then Find
Art - Required Animation Names
add a string there. The String is
Alternate

Status
Not open for further replies.