• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make Morphed unit have different abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, I noticed that when a hero unit uses the spell Metamorphosis he keeps his old hero spells instead of getting the ones asigned to the alternate hero, I tried going to gameplay constants and checking: "Disable Morphed units alternate abilities - True" but that just diabled all abilities while in morph form.

Does anyone know how make Morphed heroes have different abilities from their original forms or whether or it's even possible?

Level 7
That dosnt work, that dosnt remove acid bomb it just sets it back to unlearned so hero can still get it, also morphed hero still dosnt have banish and that trigger also initiates when hero morphs back into his normal form.

Now you see why I am having so many problems with this :/

Level 7
Darkgrom I appreciate the help but that dosnt realy deal with the problem, that trigger still executes when the hero morphs back into his normal form, also I'd rather not have to stick everything into a spellbook as it's anoying for the player.

I've made some progress using a dummy skill that when used switches the two heroes via triggers, I've made it so when one gains a level the other oen does also.
But I can't work out how to move ones inventory to the other? So the player itsnt loosing items during the Morph, anyone know how?

Level 15
to stop the trigger from firing when the hero morphs back use a if then else

e.g
  • morph
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to ur morph ability
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • morph_on[playernumber of owner of unit] Equal to false
        • Then - Actions
          • Set morph_on[playernumber of owner of unit] = true
        • Else - Actions
          • Set morph_on[playernumber of owner of unit] = false
this will be MUI only

Status
Not open for further replies.