• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help with Hero Ability using the Phoenix's egg morph...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi.

I have this idea for an ultimate ability wherein the hero temporarily morphs into a phoenix when killed and then after a set amount of time turns back into a hero.

I used the phoenix's egg morph ability. And made the original unit the Hero and the alternate form a modified Phoenix.( the original ability had the Phoenix as the "Normal Form Unit" and the Phoenix egg as the "alternate form unit" )

I got into some problems when I tested it out.

First time the hero died... he morphed into a phoenix perfectly...although he dropped his items. So I thought - oh easy, I'll just give the custom phoenix the hero inventory ability. Unfortunately, when he morphed back into a hero - he also lost all experience and abilities gained.

Is there anyway to get a morph on death hero ability that would let the hero "come back" with experience gained intact?

Oh, another weird effect, every time the phoenix morphed back to a hero, The Hero wound up with a 3 pt increase in armor and more hitpoints...by third time he got reborn he had 20 armor and 2000++ hitpoints...I tried to look over the egg morph ability really well but there weren't any data fields that added hitpoints or armor.

Anyone have any ideas?

Level 2
hmmm...triggers....was hoping there was a way to execute this with just the Object editor...guess I gotta learn triggers..thanks.

BTW, being programming challenged, What's all the excitement with the "hash tables" what is a "hash table?" and how do you store stuff in it?

Level 5
the hero being reborn super powerful is just something weird w/ the editor. when i was 1st trying to make a hero turn into another hero permanently, he lost 100 max hp/sec, and gained 100 attack damage/sec, then died and respawned with like 9 digits of health. after 5 min he had around 6 digits of damage...

Level 5
took me a second to realize you were talking to me. and no, i didnt, i was using druid of the claw- bear form ability and a very noobish unit change trigger.
i dont think you need dependency equivalents. i made a map with triggers and abilities you can use for the ability.

the hero will keep the experience and items he had before he died
note:the hero wont respawn if the phoenix dies

EDIT sorry mys 1st post of this i didnt attach the map right so it didnt show up

Attachments

• phoenixhero.w3x
    17.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Level 2
D-oh! Sorry about that...your sig just drew my attention. =p

Anyway,oh wow! You actually did it for me! This works great! Thanks! =D

update: still tried to fool around with the egg morph. Gave the phoenix hero inventory and the items do get transferred to it. When it morphs back to hero the items are maintained as well, although the name changes. So I'm guessing somehow the game understands (?) that they are one and the same unit? FYI...might be useful info to someone. Oh and turns out the phoenix was also geting a stat boost equal to 350hp and +3 armor everytime the morph happened...I just wonder where those numbers come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.