• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Phoenix transform weird health gain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Okay, so I have a custom hero with the ability to transform into a custom phoenix modified off the Robo-Goblin ability. This works fine. However, I've also given my custom phoenix-form the ability to transform into an egg. This works too, but here's my problem:

What happens is that each time the hero in phoenix form dies, turns into an egg and hatches back into the hero in phoenix form, he gains extra health and armor. I don't want that to happen but I have no idea where these numbers are coming from. Please help! :eekani: After a few cycles, my hero has well over 3000 health :grin: hilarious but definitely overpowered and not supposed to happen.

Level 12
Edit:
Actually I kinda like the idea that every time a unit dies it comes back to life even stronger to kick some serious ass.

Winning strategy of the year - killing your own hero for a stat boost.

Level 1
The Robo-Goblin ability you use. Do you add stats when the unit transforms?

Edit:
Actually I kinda like the idea that every time a unit dies it comes back to life even stronger to kick some serious ass.

Yes, it does! That might actually be it, I'll try what happens without the stat boost. Thanks!

I've thought about keeping the stat boost actually, but the time-frame in which the player can die and respawn with better stats is too short, and it's for the purposes of an RPG map.

EDIT: I removed the stat boosts, but the error still occurs. When used on a level 7 hero, it returns to level 1 after the first cycle. Additionally, each time the Hero resurrects from it's egg form, the name is re-randomized from the list of strings. With the stat boosts back into the ability, subsequent cycles do not affect the strength value as this is a bonus, not a stat increase. The level 1 hero strangely enough in Phoenix form can not revert back to human form, as the ability has been removed from the panel, yet can be learned again at level 6 by spending an additional hero point. Immediately when you learn the spell, the phoenix model turns into an egg except while moving, and the stat bonus is activated again even though the hero is still in phoenix form. By casting the spell you turn back into human form without changing levels or stats other than the bonus being deactivated.

Level 11
When a Hero unit dies and has the Phoenix Egg ability, he will drop (near him) all his items, but if/when he comes out of the egg, he will be stronger (my theory is that he takes the stats from his former-equipped items and adds them to his own). It's related to the Phoenix Egg ability, not the Robo-transform. !!!Also, if he dies while in the egg, the Hero will be not be able to ressurect at an altar. Still, I have not noticed this happening with units, also using Phoenix Egg on Heroes often crashes the game.

Also, someone (mods) should start making a compilation of all this weird stuff and make a sticky explaining all of them, understanding basic abilities (with their bugs and limits) is vital to ability creation...

Level 12
When a Hero unit dies and has the Phoenix Egg ability, he will drop (near him) all his items, but if/when he comes out of the egg, he will be stronger (my theory is that he takes the stats from his former-equipped items and adds them to his own).

So part of the work around would be to use a DDS and check if the damage is leathal, if true remove items (before damage is dealt) and give them back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.