• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alchemist Chemical Rage Attack speed increase weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey
I was looking at the Chemical Rage spell of the Alchemist. Basically it switches your normal Alchemist Hero with a "Morph" form that has better base attack speed.
Chemical rage gives 25/75/125% increased attack speed.
Normal has 2.5 Attack cooldown time
Morph 1 has 2.0
Morph 2 has 1.42
Morph 3 has 1.11
I dont see how it gets to those numbers, as 25% of 2.5 would be 0.625 therefore it should change from 2.5 to 1.875 on level 1.
Then again on level 3 my way would turn negative.

So I am calculating the wrong way. Can anyone help?

Level 2
I actually solved my own problem. Should have had the idea to google for that first ._.

The formula used to calculate the Effective Attack Speed is :

a = b*(100/(100+c))

a = Effective Attack Speed
b = Base Attack Cooldown
c = Bonuses

Bonuses are all values mixed in a number, which is equal to the sum of attack speed bonuses.

To calculate the Effective Attack Speed of a hero, you should use this formula :

a = b*(100/(100+c+(d*(e*100))))

a = Effective Attack Speed
b = Base Attack Cooldown
c = Bonuses
d = Agility
e = Attack Speed Bonus per Agility Point

(Source: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=44516)

Can be closed >.<

and take note that 400% is the max AS bonus no matter what value you use...

also attack speed is actually not equal to attack cooldown... AS is the speed on which your hero performs the attacks, while cooldown is the time between each attack...

you can modify attack speed in-game, but not attack cooldown because it is tied to a unit type...

AFAIK, since Chemical Rage is actually a morph spell, it uses a different unit per level, each having their own attack cooldown...

Status
Not open for further replies.