• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chemical Rage problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I really don't get how I can edit this ability. The movement and attack speed in the ability editor of Chemical Rage doesn't work at all it just says (Info Panel Only). When I look at the Morph-unit I can see it has it's Attack Cooldown shorter than normal unit and Speed Base is increased but Attack Cooldown isn't the same as Attack Speed right? I have to say this ability is a big fail of Blizzard.. So how should I set the Attack Cooldown and Speed Base of the morphed-units if:

Normal Unit.
Attack Cooldown: 1.80
Speed Base: 260

and Chemical Rage ability should increase attack speed by 180/260/350% and movement speed by 30/40/50%.

Level 25
Attack cooldown is the same as attack speed. The lower the attack cooldown, the faster the attack speed is.

Attack cooldowns:
2.5 = Very slow
2.0 = slow
1.5 = average
1.0 = fast
0.5 = very fast

For the ability, you need to change the attack cooldown and the movement speed of the morphed to unit, as stated in the ability the stats are only for show in the tooltip.

Level 14
Attack cooldown is the same as attack speed. The lower the attack cooldown, the faster the attack speed is.

Attack cooldowns:
2.5 = Very slow
2.0 = slow
1.5 = average
1.0 = fast
0.5 = very fast

For the ability, you need to change the attack cooldown and the movement speed of the morphed to unit, as stated in the ability the stats are only for show in the tooltip.
Hmm I read somewhere it says that attack speed is for how fast the unit does it's attacks and attack cooldown is the time the unit waits during each attack but maybe he was wrong then. Btw I know I have to change the Base Speed and Attack Cooldown of the morphed units but I have no idea how to set it. If the normal unit has attack cooldown of 1.80 and base movement speed is 260 how do it set it to increase its attack speed by 180/260/350% and movement speed by 30/40/50% ?? Math is not my strongest thing and I have no idea how I should calculate it..

The reason why it says "Info Panel Only" is because it simply changes the text in the unit's info panel.
If you look at the unit editor under Neutral Passive -> Special, you can see three units called Alchemist (Morph level X).
This is also how you change the movement/attack speed of each level of Chemical Rage.
You need to change the individual Alchemist's stats to your needs.
If you want more than three levels then create more Alchemist units and apply them in the Chemical Rage ability as Alternate Unit Form.

Level 25
Hmm I read somewhere it says that attack speed is for how fast the unit does it's attacks and attack cooldown is the time the unit waits during each attack but maybe he was wrong then. Btw I know I have to change the Base Speed and Attack Cooldown of the morphed units but I have no idea how to set it. If the normal unit has attack cooldown of 1.80 and base movement speed is 260 how do it set it to increase its attack speed by 180/260/350% and movement speed by 30/40/50% ?? Math is not my strongest thing and I have no idea how I should calculate it..
You heard it wrong then. There is a animation damage point / backswing that sets the minimium wait time for an attack to happen, this is the reason Crystal Maiden in dota has such a crappy attack as she needs to do her full animation. It's not something you should bother with really.

So if you have, say 1.85 as your normal attack, and you want to fasten it by 180%, that would be.. Something.

If you have a base of 270 movement, and you want to increase it with 30%, you simply multiply it with 1.30
So:
270 * 1.30 = 351
270 * 1.40 = 378
270 * 1.50 = 405

Another easy solution if you don't want to bother with the math, just take the gloves of haste ability and the boots movement speed (from the items), create your own versions and add them to the morphed unit.

Level 14
You heard it wrong then. There is a animation damage point / backswing that sets the minimium wait time for an attack to happen, this is the reason Crystal Maiden in dota has such a crappy attack as she needs to do her full animation. It's not something you should bother with really.

So if you have, say 1.85 as your normal attack, and you want to fasten it by 180%, that would be.. Something.

If you have a base of 270 movement, and you want to increase it with 30%, you simply multiply it with 1.30
So:
270 * 1.30 = 351
270 * 1.40 = 378
270 * 1.50 = 405

Another easy solution if you don't want to bother with the math, just take the gloves of haste ability and the boots movement speed (from the items), create your own versions and add them to the morphed unit.
Oh thank you for explaining that to me. So attack speed both reduces the attack cooldown and increases the speed of the animation? Anyway I still need to know how to set up the attack cooldown of the morphed units. I don't get how the system works. The normal unit has 1.80 attack cooldown and morphed units should have it 180/260/350% faster. How can I fix that? Or is 1.80 to low to get 180/260/350% faster?

Level 12
So attack speed both reduces the attack cooldown and increases the speed of the animation?
Yes. Damage point will also be irrelevant for the attacks/s as long as its not greater than the base attack time.

I don't get how the system works.
You see the 'Alternate Form Unit' field? When you hero uses this ability he is just change to this unit. So go search it in the object editor and change it.

Level 14
Yes. Damage point will also be irrelevant for the attacks/s as long as its not greater than the base attack time.

You see the 'Alternate Form Unit' field? When you hero uses this ability he is just change to this unit. So go search it in the object editor and change it.
I know that.. I wasn't asking for that at all :/ I just wonder how I should set the attack cooldown for the morphed units if I want attack speed to be 180/260/350% faster. I got an answer how I should calculate to get the movement speed faster by 30/40/50% but he couldn't answer how I should do to get the attack speed faster by 180/260/350%.

Level 25
"Another easy solution if you don't want to bother with the math, just take the gloves of haste ability and the boots movement speed (from the items), create your own versions and add them to the morphed unit."

Level 14
"Another easy solution if you don't want to bother with the math, just take the gloves of haste ability and the boots movement speed (from the items), create your own versions and add them to the morphed unit."
Well you helped my to solve the movement speed so that problem is solved. It's just the attack cooldown I need help to know how I should calculate to get the attack speed 180/260/350% faster.

Level 12
Attacks per second = (1 + IAS)/BAT

IAS is Increased Attack Speed (so everything you get from agility or direct attack speed bonuses). 0 if you dont have any bonuses and has a lower limit of -0.8 and an upper limit of 4.

BAT is the Base Attack Time, so the Coodown Time of an attack or the Damage point if it is higher. Minimum for Cooldown Time is ~0.11.

So following the formula while 'x' is the old BAT and implying that by 180% faster you actually mean an increase of 180% and not only 80%.

x/2.8 = (180% faster)
x/3.6 = (260% faster)
x/4.5 = (350% faster)

If you have more questions, just ask.

Level 14
Attacks per second = (1 + IAS)/BAT

IAS is Increased Attack Speed (so everything you get from agility or direct attack speed bonuses). 0 if you dont have any bonuses and has a lower limit of -0.8 and an upper limit of 4.

BAT is the Base Attack Time, so the Coodown Time of an attack or the Damage point if it is higher. Minimum for Cooldown Time is ~0.11.

So following the formula while 'x' is the old BAT and implying that by 180% faster you actually mean an increase of 180% and not only 80%.

x/2.8 = (180% faster)
x/3.6 = (260% faster)
x/4.5 = (350% faster)

If you have more questions, just ask.
Hmm if I get you right. You mean i should do the normal attack cooldown 1.80/2.8 and 1.80/3.6 and 1.80/4.5 to get the correct attack speed increase for the morphed units? Then it would be level 1 = 0.64 attack cooldown, level 2 = 0.50 attack cooldown and lvl 3 = 0.4 attack cooldown. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.