• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Contest

What should the maximum contestants per team be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Yea for a campaign contest it would be really stupid if they made a rule saying you couldn't use custom resources.

And I also agree with raging, people should be able to freely come up with a concept and story for their campaign, without having to worry about following a theme.

Level 31
Why wouldn't it be?

Also I sure don't hope there will be a forced theme with this contest, imo it is theme enough that we are creating a campaign.

Do not worry, the theme could consist of anything down to modern warfare or space.

I permit everybody to gather necessary resources such as skins/icons/models/spells and make a basic layout of the storyline for the campaign. But, I do not allowed them to create the map before the contest started.

Gather resources and make the basic layout of the storyline is consider as planning or constructing on how your campaign is going to be.

About the campaign, I would probably make it compulsory to have credit map. The credit map is to make it much convenient for me to check those import resources and ensure none of it is stolen.

Do not worry, the credit map would be extremely simple map that any idiot could do it as well. I would post a sample of credit map along with the thread of the contest unless you want to make a compleks credit map.

I agree with you on that one, a credit map is definetly nescesary and should be available both before and after the campaign, so you don't need to play through the entire thing to get to it.

And good thing that we are allowed to planning, because I've been doing that for the past 2 weeks or so, gathering together the various needed resources :)

Status
Not open for further replies.