• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Dev. Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
(Idea)
Map Development Contest
Arena Map

Requirements to enter
  1. One WIP picture
  2. 10 - 15 waves if AI controlled wave system is used
  3. At Least 5 heroes (rank's don't as a hero)
  4. All maps need to be unprotected and unepitomized
  5. It uses the standard editor
Rules
  1. ALL MAPS MUST BE MADE FROM SCRATCH
  2. No map may violate any site rules
  3. No importing of any files
  4. the map must be under 1.00 m.b.
Judging
Is done on the following stuff
  1. Originally 10 points - this is how it differs form conventional maps of its type
  2. Fun Factor 5 points - how fun its it well balanced, lots of heroes, noob and pro friendly
  3. Heroes 20 points - this is the biggest part of any arena the heros so it has the biggest score
  4. Judges are - Me ( DeskKalada)
Rewards (if a admin helps with it if not no reward)
First Place - 15 rep and a icon
Second Place - 10 rep
Third Place - 5 rep
Forth and below - a pat on the back
Any admin mod or webmaster can ask me to add them to the judges list
Webmaster is so i don't leave Ralle out but most likely he wont have time to help

Last edited:
Level 16
Are you suggesting here the theme for the Map Development Mini-Contest #2?

First of all, the first contest hasnt ended. There's still bit less than 2 weeks to go. So it's too early to hold the second contest.

The judges will always be for the map development mini-contests the map dev. moderators, that's me or ragingspeedhorn.

Even if you are suggesting this as an arena contest, have you noticed that you have negative reputation? I dont think anybody with negative reputation will be allowed to host any official contests, or judge in them.

Level 15
Mini Me if you want to thake it that way then
YES:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Also i feel my -rep is a injustest but i still need to wait another month under the current
rules
and if you look at the message attach to the -rep it is kinda crazy
"no cookies for you"
but rules are rules
and if i cant judge my own contest so be it

Arena Map

i did say the contest type

Level 10
Callahan, you should excuse DesKaladA because he obviously has weaker english than most of us, which is not his fault.

I think he meant Ranks dont count as additional heros. As to 2 heros with 2 ranks do not count as 4 Heros (In my under-standing)

And also DesKaladA, perhaps you are un-aware of this, but there is already a Map Development contest going on, as well as a Paired Mapping Competition which has over 30 teams, meaning over 60 people are working on maps for the Competition, this is not including the other map Development contest.

Maybe you can rename this thread as an IDEA for the next map development contest. Because right now people might be busy making maps for other competitions.

Level 15
First let me quot someome

Are you suggesting here the theme for the Map Development Mini-Contest #2?

First of all, the first contest hasnt ended. There's still bit less than 2 weeks to go. So it's too early to hold the second contest.

next you are right Arib4life
and yes i'm not good at written english

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.