1. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug report

Discussion in 'World Domination' started by Fingolfin, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Bug report thread

Here you can post any bugs that you come across while playing the game. When posting a bug, remember to include the version number and describe how the bug can be reproduced (if possible). Images are also appreciated.

Known bugs are:
    • Airplanes will sometimes get stuck in circles when moving to a point. This is an issue with Wc3 and not with the airplane system itself. You can regain control of them by reissuing the order.
    • During long single player games, the resource system will sometimes stop working. Symptoms of this are things like multiboards not changing, buildings not finishing construction, unit production not draining resources, etc. This is a low-repro bug which is likely caused by a struct leak in the AI.
    • Zombies can infect dinosaurs, causing them to transform into giant zombies. Although hilarious, this is not supposed to happen.
    • In multiplayer games, having the last player surrender to you will not cause the game to end. This will be fixed in the near future.

2. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was Version 1.8f

After researching Zombie Overlord, the resource system stopped working.

I did not gain any biomass production despite having 21 cities captured.

Not sure if this was intentional but there was a random limit on the amount of zombies I could produce per city. (I'm assume it may be proportional to the amount of biomass.

3. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm, that's funny... i have tested it multiple times, and it works for me! What slot were you playing as? Also, yes, zombies cost biomass, i think it is 100 each. It is possible that i forgot to add a tooltip for this. If you are producing zombies in the mean time, it is possible that your biomass production will even out with this expense. I purposely made it so that zombies get quite little biomass since it is easy enough for them to just gain more zombies from killing infantry or capturing cities, and this is really the way they should be played.

4. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was United States. However, I don't believe it is the standard resource bug since the game was still quite early. Indeed, there was no tool tip for this cost. The weird thing is, however, I had no biomass to begin with yet was still able to produce zombies. At least it seems that way, since it kept spamming the lack of biomass message and the biomass remained zero without any change.

Is it supposed to show increases and decreases like the resource system? I will report back after playing a few more games to confirm if the resource bug is really the fault of the zombie feature.

5. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually, as of now, it doesn't show the rate of increase/decrease in the multiboard.. I should fix that. Still, if you have s steady flow, the zombies should complete production. Maybe try to not produce anything and see if biomass goes up?

6. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I had another crashed game but before that my money went down to -739 if I'm not mistaken in the leaderboard without being able to research and repair only.
    I have uploaded the crash file here.

Attached Files:

7. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ahh, the good ol' "out of memory exception"... probably caused by a leak somewhere.

I think i might know the source of this, and i have prepared a hotfix for it: basically, the multiboard system updates all fields three times per second, regardless of whether the value has changed or not. This shouldn't be a big issue, but as it happens, wc3 strings tend to produce unavoidable leaks. I changed the system so that fields only update when the value is updated, hopefully it will sort this out (and maybe reduce late-game lag as well).

8. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was version 1.8H.

It was quite late in game. The anti-ballistic turrets does not attack the nukes at all. Every time the nukes came, no projectiles from anti-ballistic turrets were seen. This has happened for two whole games.

Another bug was that China's ranger squads became invulnerable. We do not know how this happened.

The only thing I can say was that he was spamming a lot of gas troopers, anti-air, and helicopters against my turret trench when it happened.

9. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks. The anti-ballistic turret bug has been fixed, that was a really nasty one - releasing a hotfix now. I can't reproduce the ranger squad bug though, do you still have the replay?

10. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here you go. I don't know the exact time it happened. But it happened near the end of this replay.

Edit: We found a new bug in 1.8i. It crashes when someone becomes zombie overlord.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  11. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just dropping by to say that the negative resources still occurring in v1.8h but I haven't tested it in the new version. I'll try if I can recreate it. It usually happens when the games are long.

12. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Holy crap, the bugs are just raining in... Clanzion, you don't happen to have the crash dump from that overlord crash? It should be in My Documents/Warcraft 3/Errors.

13. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here it is.

Attached Files:

14. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks, i will dig into this. Too bad that Blizzard fucked up the way crash logs are presented so that they provide practically no information at all for us mortals.

15. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    1.9 and possibly older versions as well. Zombies are able to make more zombies for free by destroying their own cities.

16. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks, will fix.