• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BIG NEW PATCH FOR WC3 COMING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
This patch is a complete game-changer for me. If this comes live, then I'll be able to refactor and clean up lots of mechanics and systems in the game and I'll be able to step away from abusing bugs for many things in the game.

This will, however, require lots of work in terms of rebuilding the underlying systems like the talent and ability system, unit stats, etc.

This is huge and rebuilding Gaias from the ground up is now possible. To answer the question, though: I don't think Gaias needs extended player slots. It's hard enough to fill one game and the game UI still doesn't allow for more quickbar hero icons as far as I know.

I'm going through the list of new natives now and it seems that there are also new UI natives that might allow me to do some crazy stuff in the future. Can't wait to tinker around with it.

EDIT: Holy shit this patch is CRAZY! I'm not gonna lie... I will probably scrap 90% of the internal game systems and recode Gaias from scratch...

Level 18
... the waiting time for the official 1.29 release is really frustrating. I can't start coding until we get the official release, because I need a stable code base to work with.

Holidays are almost over and I couldn't do shit.

I'm getting a little pissed over here.

Same I wanted to work on some of my maps but they simply aren't telling us what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.