• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beyond the Throne: Tides of Darkness

=)

The missile has a slight trail but the attack rate is in fact .10. The damage bonus is a dummy ability with 51 levels that is leveled using a damage detection system. A second dummy ability is set to level 5 on attack as well. A second trigger runs every second, first leveling the second dummy ability down, and then checking if the second ability is at 1. If it is at level 1 then the first dummy ability level is reduced.

Edit: Oh and when the unit transforms the damage bonus is removed.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
=)

The missile has a slight trail but the attack rate is in fact .10. The damage bonus is a dummy ability with 51 levels that is leveled using a damage detection system. A second dummy ability is set to level 5 on attack as well. A second trigger runs every second, first leveling the second dummy ability down, and then checking if the second ability is at 1. If it is at level 1 then the first dummy ability level is reduced.

Edit: Oh and when the unit transforms the damage bonus is removed.
I feel like I did something like this myself... Though it was remarkably less complicated. Will just have to DL & inspect it, I guess. Thanks!

I feel like I did something like this myself... Though it was remarkably less complicated. Will just have to DL & inspect it, I guess. Thanks!

I'll add the triggers below as the map is locked.

Another preview unit for you all:

• Sustain
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of GDD_DamageSource) Equal to Monitor
          • (GDD_DamagedUnit is alive) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Item Damage Bonus (Cleanse) for GDD_DamageSource) Less than 51
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Increase level of Item Damage Bonus (Cleanse) for GDD_DamageSource
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Monitor Bonus Marker for GDD_DamageSource) Less than 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Monitor Bonus Marker to GDD_DamageSource
              • Unit - Set level of Monitor Bonus Marker for GDD_DamageSource to 5
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Monitor Bonus Marker for GDD_DamageSource) Less than 5
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Set level of Monitor Bonus Marker for GDD_DamageSource to 5
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
  • Sustain Check
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Sustain_Group = (Units of type Monitor)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Sustain_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Monitor Bonus Marker for (Picked unit)) Greater than 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Decrease level of Monitor Bonus Marker for (Picked unit)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Monitor Bonus Marker for (Picked unit)) Equal to 1
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Remove Monitor Bonus Marker from (Picked unit)
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Decrease level of Item Damage Bonus (Cleanse) for (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Sustain_Group)

Hey Kam, long time since I been here.

Just thought I'd say I loved your maps back when I played wc3, and since my kiddos (2 of them) are really getting into wc3,

I want to redownload your BtT pack.

Take care
- JC

PS - I see individual maps, do you have an all-in-one pack I can download?

I am flattered you want to play again! I will be updating again as soon as the next patch hits. You can get an all in one here: Downloads - Beyond the Throne: Tides of Darkness mod for Warcraft III: Frozen Throne

I also would like to play the BtT:ToD campaign. If it's still available, that is.

There never was a campaign sadly, it's just too much of a time investment.

Level 1
hey, the package from ModDB, may 1st doesnt really seem to work, the AI doesnt progress beyond altars, the new 1v1 map isnt there, and the lost still was missing all but one hero. Love your work, but whats up with this?

Hey all, I'm working on the next update and it's almost done.

Here's a preview of the terrain changes for Ruined Lock:

Attachments

• Old.jpg
    Old.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 171
  • New.png
    New.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 167
Update to a significant number of items outside the listed change log.

Enjoy the new hero related racial structures and let me know how well they fit.

Please also tell me if you like then new tooltip format as seen on Naga.

Edit: I am working on a 6 player map!

Attachments

• 2017-07-13 21_43_02-Warcraft III World Editor - [X__..._Beyond the Throne_(2)BtT Typhoon.w3x _].png
    2017-07-13 21_43_02-Warcraft III World Editor - [X__..._Beyond the Throne_(2)BtT Typhoon.w3x _].png
    2.3 MB · Views: 162
  • WC3ScrnShot_071317_203741_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_071317_203741_01.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 202
  • WC3ScrnShot_071317_204812_10.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_071317_204812_10.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 193
Gotta love your map designs! Specially the ones where you allow plenty of back routes, makes things more interesting.

Thank you for the feedback. If you have any suggestions I am always listening.

Attachments

• 2017-12-22 01_09_04 - [X__..._Beyond the Throne_(2)BtT Typhoon Temple.w3x].png
    2017-12-22 01_09_04 - [X__..._Beyond the Throne_(2)BtT Typhoon Temple.w3x].png
    2.5 MB · Views: 5,342
Nice! I'm always impressed by anyone that can handle the symmetrical asymmetry in Blizzard maps.

Was worried your new job might make modding too hard for ya. Glad to see that's not the case. ; )

I make time. =)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 222
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 229
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 208
  • 4.png
    4.png
    2 MB · Views: 228
Level 3
AWESOME Map! XD just wondering where some of the models are from since i cant seem to find some of them from the hive (O_O)

Level 3
for sure i am interested
Thank you!

They are from all over the web. Are there models you want for a project?

hmm for sure i am interested in these models

wc3scrnshot_082417_202917_02-jpg.277960

the gold two gold ship behind the mage and foot men

wc3scrnshot_011913_173229_01-jpg.122006

the tank in the image

wc3scrnshot_082417_202924_03-jpg.277961

the orc shipyard itself

wc3scrnshot_081212_034946_01-jpg.116807

Turtle with canons and the airplane in the corner

2018-03-15_05_54_11-Greenshot.png

the cannon tower as well as the building above the arcane tower

WC3ScrnShot_072917_231349_03.jpg

the orc structure in the center below as well as the robot near it.

wc3scrnshot_070113_202444_03-jpg.127248

the blue arcane or magic wagon on the right

2017-07-13_21_43_02-Warcraft_III_World_Editor_-_X_..._Beyond_the_Throne_2BtT_Typhoon.w3x.png

for sure i dont remember seeing theses structures in the hive (O_O)

WC3ScrnShot_012816_160739_30.jpg

the marine that is above near the tank

SeaUnits_91914.jpg

the sub with a cannon as well as the tank like ship

WC3ScrnShot_061414_155203_02.jpg

dont see any outpost model in the hive (O_O)

WC3ScrnShot_012912_205822_09.jpg

and lastly i dont remember seeing the incursus and the green unit near the building to the right.

have been looking for those models but cant seem to find them so i kinda assume they are your own custom or edited models that have or will not be released in the hive. (Y_Y)

Doesn't he use the blight from the Tales of Raviganion mod? That would be in the MPQ for TToR listed in "Projects of old" thread that Kam put together:
Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]

If you want more credits than that, maybe TToR has some credits listed for that resource?

Level 3
Could you fit the night elves into this? Maybe add some of the units they had like sentries and wardens? And to play as the expanded night elves there should be button whenever your race is night elves the game starts and asks if you wanna play Naga. Thats just an idea but it'd be great if the night elves could fit though to make it more complete...

Progress update on a new 6 player map that will be out soon. I'm looking forward to the chaos!

Attachments

• Poisoned Outpost A.png
    Poisoned Outpost A.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 362
  • Poisoned Outpost B.png
    Poisoned Outpost B.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 346
  • Poisoned Outpost C.png
    Poisoned Outpost C.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 331
  • Poisoned Outpost D.png
    Poisoned Outpost D.png