• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beyond the Throne: Tides of Darkness

Well, since the last tier is fought with advanced units, it will be much harder to soloing with heroes. Also having limit of 1 of them, that will surely not have a huge impact, although they should be able to turn the tide of the battles. Maybe (if they are levelable) you could reduce the amount of levels, or making less improved when gaining a level.

Well, I played the new version, and I have noticed some "bugs" with AI.

1 - The AI players takes loots of times to attack, also, theyr first waves are composed of nothing more than one footman/grunt =/
2 - The attacking waves are overrruned by boats, but almost no ground force.
3 - They leave the base completely unprotected. Force the AI to build some towers.

Keep up the good work /o

Level 3
I think what would be neat are say heroes that are essentially normal units, that start out as powerful as a footman or grunt, and sloooowly increase in power as they level. spread out the abilities too, maybe a new one at every odd level instead of every level, to keep them from being overpowered.

Hero Ideas -
Human -
Paladin Zealot - melee fighter/caster that has comprable stats with other fighter/casters (paladin/ogremagi) but has more powerful spell abilities.
Archmagi - Similar to the Paladin Zealot in that its a stronger than average version of the mage. Maybe have certain spells last longer or be more powerful.

Orc -
Warlock - Maybe have some spells to summon demons or sacrifice units for benefits.

If I can think of any others I'll edit this post.

Reactions: Kam
Level 2
Sharing?

Hello. Very nice work. Care to share some units with me/us?

- Giant Sea Turtle
- Gnomish Submarine
- Troll Destroyer

? Would be very nice :)

Hm do you mean the model size or the actual space that it blocks?

@ dxlr8r - I got the sea turtle and the sub from a open .mpq and a modeling site, so sure for those. The destroyer was a request from the WC 2nd gen crew, so I don't think I should give that one out.

Goblin War Turtle - Phoenix IV
Gnomish Submarine - Xaran Alamas

Attachments

• Goblin War Turtle.rar
    565.7 KB · Views: 217
  • WC II Gnomish Submarine.rar
    58.4 KB · Views: 210
Heh I got that. So I went ahead and make quite a few changes, I attached a picture of the new map.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_031608_214442_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_031608_214442_01.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 267
Dude this is awsome! I hosted it on Battle.Net and everyone loved it. There was no long and a lot of competition. A few things I noticed.

1. Add heroes. Here are my ideas.
Human:
Justicar (Like Paladin but hero)
Archmage
Ranger
Mountain King

Orc:
Far Seer
Ogre Lord
Forest Troll Warlord
Battlemaster

(Everyone was begging for heroes)

2. Make a new Death Knight model. I could hardly call that a Death Knight. A short horse riding orc?

3. This is a big complicated but make the palisade's and the wall's pathing smaller make it cost less and less building time. So you can have the walls actually touching eachother.

4. Change the Troll Berth model. It looks like a hut that got hit by a tidal wave.

5. Change the foundary models as well. They are just land models in the water. Maybe add some piers and such coming off of them.

6. And of course, if you add heroes add about 4 more large islands with creeps on them to level your hero up at.

I'm glad you liked it. 3.8 will address many of the things you mentioned.

The Berth, foundries, and Death Knight models will be the same. I have yet to see any suitable custom models that are not enormous in terms of kb.

I would like to have the wall models be more, well, wallish. However, increasing the size in WE won't cut it. I would need new models, and for whatever reason no one has ever done the wc2 wall models.

The heroes will not be typical heroes. They will be some sort of ground unit meant to fight naval units, although I'm not sure yet.

Level 10
Orc Wall 66%

Here I am!
The orc wall is almost done. I started doing it one hour ago.
I'm not sure where will I put the teamcolor. In War II it has no teamcolor...I don't think it needs a teamcolor, it is completely inert. The Team Color looks crappy, I can't do layers to it, I don't have a good program to do so, and either I know how to.
I'm attaching you a screenshot of what I have so far, with a square team color ring.
Please tell me you didn't give up in these 7 days of waiting for answers! xD

Sorry, I know it looks a bit crappy, if you don't use it, no problem.
When you put one together with another, you will see it gives almost the 'tile effect' of wc2.

Attachments

• orcwallss.PNG
    orcwallss.PNG
    68.6 KB · Views: 274
Level 3
Wow looks amazing, reminds me of when I was a kid playing wc2, have you considered using the other Troll Lumber mill? The version that was uploaded to Hive awhile ago was more like the original than the one your using (though the one you've got still looks great). I don't know how many KBs it is but if you can't find it I can send it to you (I am not the original creater mind).

No I haven't and I can't do AI so unless I can get someone to actually do it I'm afraid there will never be AI.

Some screens of the next versions unit lineup:

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_071908_231539_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_071908_231539_04.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 785
  • WC3ScrnShot_071908_231826_06.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_071908_231826_06.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 485
  • WC3ScrnShot_071908_231919_07.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_071908_231919_07.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 320
  • WC3ScrnShot_071908_232052_11.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_071908_232052_11.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 346
Level 3
I love this map because back when I was a kid I would always play wc2 :grin:. But I lost the disc...But thanks to you I can play something that is almost like it.

Any who I hope you get AI for the map.

Level 12
Orcs and humans? You do realize both wc2 and warcraft had very different themes?
Warcraft had just humans and orcs, warcraft 2 had mixed variety of races.

Btw are ogres back? With the ogre magi upgrade =)! Does AI work?

Btw.... They didnt have tanks... why are there tanks? lol