• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beta Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
BetaMainMenu.jpg

warsocprogress.jpg

warsocprogress-1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 12
polies is not an issue with the mainmenu model

the goblin is only 560~ right now.. the finished completed background with everything will have perhaps 10000-12000 polies (the standard wc3 background model is also quite poly heavy)

And yes, that is for the warsoc map thingie :p

Last edited:
Level 2
looks ok but i thinks it could prob b better bcause im wondering about waht they are going to do for single player

Translation: "I think it looks OK, however I think that it could probably be better, as I am wondering how they are going to incorporate single player."

Anyway, back on topic, this is indeed set to be a revolutionary mod for players. Looks really good, keep up the good work!

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
WarSoc is a subproject of Reinventing the Craft, the goals of RtC is to add extended functionality to the game, where WarSoc does that, and more, by adding the ability to have more players and allows connecting to a game that's already started.

Level 7
RtC is a project that adds a bunch of natives such as the MouseAPI that can be used in standard maps.
WarSoc is an addon for RtC which adds a couple more natives that allow you to mess with network traffic, thus allowing for instance maps without the player limit of 12 since Warcraft would consider it a single player game.

Level 11
should i be scared to go on battlenet with the RtC thing? i like how i can easily change the size of the screen, but because im running battle.net from this program i dont want to get banned.

Edit: since im posting (in the right thread im pretty sure), how is the WarSoc multiplayer maddness comming along? it sounds like a revolutionary warcraft idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.