• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.18 BETA Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
Hey all, myself, CloudWolf, redmarine, dansaDisco and Eccho (Why the heck wasnt LTGH in there? Answer: No one freaking told me about the match?) were testing the 1.18 BETA version yesterday on Garena and I've got some screenshots, so enjoy :)

P.S., CloudWolf, it was awesome testing your map :)

Edited by LTGH
btw, im just messing around. =D

Attachments

• Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot02.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot02.png
    874.5 KB · Views: 1,475
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot03.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot03.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,071
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot04.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot04.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,047
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot05.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot05.png
    933.3 KB · Views: 827
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot01.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot01.png
    914.7 KB · Views: 1,412
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot10.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot10.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 503
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot09.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot09.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 686
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot08.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot08.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 667
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot07.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot07.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 736
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot06.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot06.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 755
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot11.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot11.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 543
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot12.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot12.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 479
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot13.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot13.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 457
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot14.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot14.png
    2 MB · Views: 516
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot15.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot15.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 6,858
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot16.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot16.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 469
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot20.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot20.png
    2 MB · Views: 552
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot19.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot19.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 494
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot18.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot18.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 444
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot17.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot17.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 474
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot21.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot21.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 367
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot22.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot22.png
    2 MB · Views: 396
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot23.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot23.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 450
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot24.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot24.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 12,686
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot25.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot25.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 397
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot26.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot26.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 443
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot27.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot27.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 499
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot28.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot28.png
    2 MB · Views: 736
  • Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot29.png
    Diablo3WarcraftScreenshot29.png
    594 KB · Views: 659
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
OMAGAD, new models look awesome!
Dunno really what to think about it for now, but I can't wait for the 31st! :'D

Level 1
May I ask how do you guys managed to change in-game font without chaging general font of W3? AFAIK imported font files in "Fonts/FRIZQ__.ttf" was not working.

BTW, WOW these screenies are fuckin' epic.

I want to be a beta tester too T.T

Level 14
May I ask how do you guys managed to change in-game font without chaging general font of W3? AFAIK imported font files in "Fonts/FRIZQ__.ttf" was not working.

BTW, WOW these screenies are fuckin' epic.

I want to be a beta tester too T.T

we all do... we all do.

Level 1
^ Can you share beta map with me? :D

BTW I'm still waiting for an answer to my questin. I really need to know how do you guys managed to do it. :D

Level 30
^ Can you share beta map with me? :D

BTW I'm still waiting for an answer to my questin. I really need to know how do you guys managed to do it. :D

The official release of v1.18 is this friday :) So everyone can download the map then! :) I'de rather not distribute an unfinished version if thats ok ;)

As for the font, if you download the latest JassNewGen World Editor from wc3c.net, theres an addon called UMSWE. If you make sure its activated you get some extra fields in the "Game interface" menu :) One of them is the ability to change the font :D

Level 1
As for the font, if you download the latest JassNewGen World Editor from wc3c.net, theres an addon called UMSWE. If you make sure its activated you get some extra fields in the "Game interface" menu :) One of them is the ability to change the font :D
I suppose it's an imported font then? No way to get it from fonts reg or directory. =D That's great.

Level 25
I'm finally impressed with this mod because now it's actually starting to really look like the first in-game footage of Diablo III. Terrain is accurately made, user interface looks great, and the custom models & skins for Diablo III WarCraft is great too. I'm surprised you guys got this mod playable online at such a nice looking status so quickly. Hooray for a dedicated development team. Good job guys and I now look forward to watching this mod progress further...

PS: When the 8mb patch comes out, add Diablo III music so it doesn't feel like I'm playing some map. Music, to be completely honest, immerses the player in the game/mod so much more. Though there's those group of people who listen to their own music when playing any game, I for one usually listen to in-game music. Especially if it's a conversion mod like this to feel more like I'm playing the actual game instead of a mod/conversion.

[edit]
You misspelled "bosses" as "boses" in the loading screen.

Level 30
I'm finally impressed with this mod because now it's actually starting to really look like the first in-game footage of Diablo III. Terrain is accurately made, user interface looks great, and the custom models & skins for Diablo III WarCraft is great too. I'm surprised you guys got this mod playable online at such a nice looking status so quickly. Hooray for a dedicated development team. Good job guys and I now look forward to watching this mod progress further...

haha yea =] A lot of map developers keep their maps private until they're finished xD

We decided it would be fun to have player input from the word go :D The first release only had 1/4 of the gameplay the map has now, and we've gradually been getting better and better as we move along :)

Keep in mind this map is still very much "in the making" so if you can think of any further improvements after the v1.18 release, we'de love to hear them :D

Level 5
Just duo-ed the game with Bane. It was perfectly made. However, it seemed that the last boss was easier than the one before. Just because there were no adds. It was easier to keep both of us up. It did however take longer. That 22k hp was a bitch. Overall, I love the game it was fantastically made and the new update looks great. What are your plans for adding on to the game? I mean like are you going to start making some stuff up? Or do you have a plan set out?

Level 30
Just duo-ed the game with Bane. It was perfectly made. However, it seemed that the last boss was easier than the one before. Just because there were no adds. It was easier to keep both of us up. It did however take longer. That 22k hp was a bitch. Overall, I love the game it was fantastically made and the new update looks great. What are your plans for adding on to the game? I mean like are you going to start making some stuff up? Or do you have a plan set out?

The current map cannot be made longer due to the sheer number of doodads :D Any more and we risk having too much lag xD

However, we're thinking of releasing some extra levels as new maps :) While they will be made up, we will base them on locations from the Diablo world map :)

Level 34
The current map cannot be made longer due to the sheer number of doodads :D Any more and we risk having too much lag xD

However, we're thinking of releasing some extra levels as new maps :) While they will be made up, we will base them on locations from the Diablo world map :)
Are you thinking load/save codes?

Level 17
Are you thinking load/save codes?

We kind of just skipped the save/load idea as it will just be an entire mess, we will have like the longest codes ever which is a problem.
So insted you will just start over, but insted we have another plan that goes like this:
You end the first map in lets say about level 10-15
When you start the second map, you will have a level 10-15 character so you can continue from about the same level you was, then you get some starting equippements (maybe).
That way, you will be able to reach the higher levels and archieve more "epic" spells becouse we will add a skill tree aswell into the map. :)
Thats like the only solution if we dont use save/load xP

When i said "We" i was pretty much talking about myself btw, this is how i think it will be and if i remember it right, cloudwolf liked this idea.

Last edited:
Level 17
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/environments/tristram.xml
Background music of this page is the music which ambiently plays during the Barbarian gameplay video at the Diablo III website. If you can somehow rip it, it'd fit the mod to play continuously as the player advances on in the dungeon in D3W.

There wont really be a problem to rip that.
I have experience in ripping stuff (and do not ask why, lol).
And now when we have more space to use for the map, i would like some music in it aswell.

Edit: I have ripped the swf file from the site now. All i have to do is to rip the sound out of the swf file :)
Edit2: Done, done & done.
I upload the sound file here if anyone would like to have it ;)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=uw3k9q

Level 6
There wont really be a problem to rip that.
I have experience in ripping stuff (and do not ask why, lol).
And now when we have more space to use for the map, i would like some music in it aswell.

Edit: I have ripped the swf file from the site now. All i have to do is to rip the sound out of the swf file :)
Edit2: Done, done & done.
I upload the sound file here if anyone would like to have it ;)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=uw3k9q

Hacker! lol gj on that one xD

Level 17
Wow, didn't expect you to get the actual sound file, but shit, that works too lol. Well done LTGH. If the music doesn't appear in the next D3W update, I'll smack CloudWolf in the back of the head.

Haha, original is the best :)
But maybe Cloudwolf wants to lower the file size on it a bit xD
2,5mb

BTW, why does the music remember me of a worms armagedon 1 background sound.
Feels like im playing worms armagedon 1 on ps1 when i hear it >:D

Level 30
Haha, original is the best :)
But maybe Cloudwolf wants to lower the file size on it a bit xD
2,5mb

BTW, why does the music remember me of a worms armagedon 1 background sound.
Feels like im playing worms armagedon 1 on ps1 when i hear it >:D

Well, not including the 500kb we're reserving for new classes, we've got 80kb to spare :S

I'de totally be up for having in the map for the moment while we wait for these new classes though ;) It just might not be permanent :p

Level 17
Well, not including the 500kb we're reserving for new classes, we've got 80kb to spare :S

I'de totally be up for having in the map for the moment while we wait for these new classes though ;) It just might not be permanent :p

dude. I need you, and you seem to be not at computer 3 min after you made this post lol.
I have been trying to get the clan up and funning for 12 hours now.
Still waiting.. and you have multi account, that will help alot.

Level 6
Patch 1.24 came out and no 8mb max. It was just a rumor.

do you know how to read?
• “Shadowing” global variables with local variables no longer is possible.
• Fixed a type conversion dealing with operators (i.e. adding a handle with an integer)
• Added the ability to store hashtable handles in a hashtable
• Added getSpellTargetX and getSpellTargetY natives
• Added a new base handle type “Agent” of which many types now extend from.
• Added a SaveAgentHandle native which can be used for saving most handle types
• Added a JASS optimization dealing with global variable change events.
Increased max map file size from 4MB to 8MB.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/news.php

Level 25
After playing D3W several times, I realized that the terrain is not built the way it is in the Diablo III gameplay trailer. The D3W terrain is accurate from where you start, up to the part where you cross that first bridge with water on it. That's it. The path you have to take to reach the bosses are totally wrong. For example, the part where the Barbarian climbs down the ladder. I don't recall having to do that nor that area even being revealed in the map.

What do I propose? I propose that you guys focus on recreating the map more accurately and redo a lot of it for the sake of accuracy. How can you make it accurate? Well, a tip to the terrainer, DOWNLOAD the gameplay trailer and watch it as you terrain D3W. Don't watch it continuously though. Just watch whatever you need to see and pause it whenever you see something you need to terrain, then focus on terraining everything you see in that still shot of the video in the World Editor.

Level 6
After playing D3W several times, I realized that the terrain is not built the way it is in the Diablo III gameplay trailer. The D3W terrain is accurate from where you start, up to the part where you cross that first bridge with water on it. That's it. The path you have to take to reach the bosses are totally wrong. For example, the part where the Barbarian climbs down the ladder. I don't recall having to do that nor that area even being revealed in the map.

What do I propose? I propose that you guys focus on recreating the map more accurately and redo a lot of it for the sake of accuracy. How can you make it accurate? Well, a tip to the terrainer, DOWNLOAD the gameplay trailer and watch it as you terrain D3W. Don't watch it continuously though. Just watch whatever you need to see and pause it whenever you see something you need to terrain, then focus on terraining everything you see in that still shot of the video in the World Editor.

Remaking the whole map terrain = alot of time + more bugs im sure cloudwolf dont want to hear lol

Could be a good idea if cloudwolf want to do it.

Level 25
I don't know, seems like the whole point of making a mod called "Diablo III WarCraft" intended to actually recreate Diablo III, not only in a sense. I expected the terrain to be accurate to the videos and screenshots which Blizzard provided at their Diablo III website. Hopefully CloudWolf decides to reterrain most of it/all of it soon, or at least after the systems implemented in D3W and its bugs are improved/fixed.
Otherwise I'll be an unhappy camper.

Level 19
I don't know, seems like the whole point of making a mod called "Diablo III WarCraft" intended to actually recreate Diablo III, not only in a sense. I expected the terrain to be accurate to the videos and screenshots which Blizzard provided at their Diablo III website. Hopefully CloudWolf decides to reterrain most of it/all of it soon, or at least after the systems implemented in D3W and its bugs are improved/fixed.
Otherwise I'll be an unhappy camper.

Well, it's not like we want to change it now. I believe that attitude of yours comes from your World of WarCraft project to recreate every area of the terrain perfectly.

Level 17
I figured this project would do that. I guess this project will be made like Diablo III: The Fallen Angel then. I was hoping this would take more of a Wc3:WoW approach. :smile:

Actually, i would say the same.
I also want this to be more like Wc3:WoW.
And by that i mean that i want it to look like diablo 3, the terrain and such things.
But if cloudwolf decides not to do it, i mean.. what can i do about it?: P

And to be honest (det get angry on me guys) i actually like wc3:wow more then this project.
Thats what brings me hope back to wc3, that what made me start with warcraft 3, without that, i would never have been in this project.
I have followed the wc3:wow project for 2 years as far as i know, and i dont think anything will change my mind about that project if nothing horrible happens.
And the project is to professional for me, i have nothing that could help that project.. except reporting glitches it guess.. :p

Level 17
The terrain is exceptional enough, alot of work was done on it, I just want to know how you got those icons to work, the borders arent Wc3 style... so how the hell..

I think Cloudwolf just replaced every single icon we used with custom borders before we imported them. (we could do that without losing any file size becouse all icons was custom and had to be imported anyway) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.