• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corruption ORPG 2.0 - Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Corruption()
I normally put beta test maps in the state of this one on Battle.net, but I have now failed to find a single person with an actual brains, and the abillity to say anything else than yes/no, on the battle.net for quite a few days. So I return to the Hive to get help once again :) lolz, thank you :D

So! here it is in all it's pride, it's a totally new world with a story being worked on as I progress. Apart from the awesome terrain :p I filled the map with various systems, created from scratch, so they could be as unique as possible, of cause they are all seen before, but these are better than anything else! and hey, what ain't seen before in the editor after all, it's 8 years after the release x)

The maps systems include, but are not limited to:
-Damage-system (spell damage, heal damage, incoming damage, outgoing damage)
-Achievement-system (Will explain itself, but is pretty much 4 extra spells per class)
-Hero choose-system
-Creep-re-spawn-system
-Hero-re-spawn-system
-Item drop-system
-Item bonus-system
-Score-system(type /score, to see how much damage/healing/everything you done)
-Duel-system(type /duel, when you have selected the hero you wish to duel)
-Secret areas and bosses

Screenshots:

Report (please read and follow these steps when you beta test)
First, did you play alone or with others? how many?

1. What did you think about the description when you first read it?
2. What did you think about the hero choose system? did you like/dislike it? Could you figure it out, or did you wish for more info on how it worked?
3. Did you like the class you chose? Why did you prior over others, did all the players choose the same hero?
4. As the games goes, did your hero get too strong/weak at some points?
5. Which areas did you like the most/least?
6. Did you find the map too easy or hard in general?

In addition to these steps, please report any serious bugs you may have found, and anything else you think needed.

Also, if you got the time, the map is NOT protected, and you are free to explorer the triggers and report anything you think could be optimized.. Please do not edit anything in the map, this is still a beta, and I do not like it to go all public yet.

PvP is enabled, type -duel or /duel to duel someone from your team, please post your experience with this system, and which classes is best/worst

Quick Answers:
-No, the classes are far from done, the Priest and Tauren is especially far from finished.
-Yes, the map ends at the demon gate, till now.
-No, all the names (heroes, bosses, areas etc.) is not final
-Yes, you may use everything in this map if you wish too, just write me a PM so I can check your map out myself :)
-Yes, I can host this map
-Why 2.0? 1.0 was released at hive, but was taken down because of it's beta'siness, 2.0 is everything 1.0 wasn't :hohum:
-Yes, you may ask question, and I will answer you :D

Attachments

• Corruption v2_0.w3x
    875.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Corruption v2_0b.w3x
    888.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Corruption v2_0c.w3x
    904.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Level 9
Nice ;)...

But.. No save/load ? :(

Well, long live TheHive, this is the exact same thing I get from people on b.net. Please, if you wont report anything, dont beta test? I know there are many bugs, and a lot you can comment about, please take the time to make a proper report. Anyway, thanks for the "Nice ;)" :grin: Just add SOMETHING I can use to improve the map.

EDIT: To answer your question to the no Load/Save code - First of, loading of characters would not fit this map, as it may be more of a RPG, than an ORPG. Secondly, I'm not a big fan of save/load codes myself, I think it's a good idea, when you keep in mind the limits of the Warcraft Engine's support for save/load of data, but in general, it does not work very well in my opinion.. If saving to a DataBase will be possible in the StarCraft II engine, I might just create this whole world of Corruption, or something similar WITH loading of characters, also across multiple maps, well as soon as StarCraft II is out :D I really hope it got better support for ORPGs

Last edited:
Level 9
Way to go! a new version is uploaded to #1, please download and post a comment :) I will host the map all day if you need someone to host! Just look for "JakeCake" at the Northeron server.

The latest version 2.0b has the following changes:
-Firewall fixed(now bugs in a new way, but I will fix that soon)
-The hero-is-already-choosen system now work probably
-War Stance is now fixed to actual drain mana, and work exactly as the description says
-The Priest got an extra abillity, "Light Form"; the Priest is still in a VERY bad state, but the rest of the heroes are almost working now.
-New achievement added to the Tauren Slasher; I cant tell what it is, you must find out yourself
-Some minor terrain changes
-For some reason I have forgotten to clean up UnitGroupLeaks, this is now fixed
-All triggers only running once are now cleared up, so they does not use extra memory anymore
-Harpies and other flying units are now flying at a lower altitude so they are visible for they are not out of the cam
-And a lot more - I have stopped keeping track of the change-log because I fix bugs at the same time I'm playing

Level 9
Well another new version uploaded, I have no idea why I keep posting this here. Would someone mind testing this out? Maybe even give some feedback!

The lastest version 2.0c has the following changes
-Abillity levels has been revamped, some abillities now has skip at 2 instead of 3
-All ultimates are now learnable at level 5
-Quests in the Quest-menu are now disabled
-The respawn problem that was created in version 2.0b are now fixed
-The hero choose system is now revamped and idiot proof!
-A new system added: "Repick-system"
-Abillity Seismic Slam is now fixed
-A new type of achivement added, first one is for the Tauren Slasher
AND A LOT MORE

Hey, I noticed a problem with the achievements.
I was Cleric, and I was playing with my bro. I died a lot. Well, anyway, when my bro died, he got an achievement for dying five times or something? But I died more time than him. Anyway, Cleric's firewall and Heal is really strong. Unholy Blood was strong, my bro said. Also, the part with the Druid that will attack the Evil Wizard(?)(The one that drops the Wizard's Orb(?)), not all of the units fight.

Major Cleric Bug: He can still attack during Light Form. Also, there's a rogue Health Meter at the part with the Nether Dragons.

Major Camera Bug: Pressing ESCAPE will undo the camera.

Well, that's all I can report.

Sure. Gonna test it tomorrow, sleepy now :grin:

[EDIT]
Also, I think that some areas are too.. BRIGHT.

New report! I forgot that there's a bug with the Lich King battle.
My bro nearly died. We ran out, and the Lich King suddenly disappeared. Later, we tried to destroy the Ice Rock Gate to move on. Then, I noticed a rogue health bar over at the corner. Arthas was there! It was like this:
====================================================(boundary)
||(boundary) Arthas
(Ice rock gate)
(ice rock gate)
etc
TIP: DO NOT USE ICE ROCK WALLS. AT LEAST IF YOU WILL, MAKE THE INVULNERABLE.

He was in the smallest part of the boudary, he was at the Mountains area already...
The ogres are a bit too powerful.
The Stormreaver Hermit shouldn't be able to die. He died when the ogres chased us and my heal wasn't strong enough. But anyway, I could already see the path to the other side. I could cross. You should put a pathing blocker.
The Dranei at the end is too gay. Pump him up.
The forest part; when everything was sleeping. We got past so easily, we just got to the Druid Army part.

That's all for now, gonna sleep now.
P.S. - I liked the Health Bar Meter. PM me please on how to make one! :grin:

[EDIT2]
The latest version you gave me was the one my bro and I played. So, nothing to report.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.