• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WinterMaul: Remade Beta B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Download WinterMaul: Remade Beta B

The sequel to WinterMaul: Remade Beta A is here!

WM: RM Beta A received a 4.82/5.00 and over 1300 downloads on www.worldofwar.net

What was so great about WM: RM Beta A?

-11 All New Races
-91 All New Towers
-80 Levels with New Creeps
-Support Tower Builder
-Spawn Invulnerability
-Smooth Air for Air w/out Skipping
-Smarter Creeps
-Efficient Hotkey and Icon Interface System

What makes Beta B even better?

-New Terrain
-Gray Now Has a Spawn
-All New Triggers From Scratch (by TerranUp16); Cuts Out 80% of Lag

Screenshots-
WMRMB_1.JPG

WMRMB_2.JPG

Level 7
How can you sit here and talk about something you've not played? I speak no lies about the quality of the map, nor do I speak lies that people have said it is the "King of Mauls". I speak no lie that it received over 1300 downloads, and still retained a 4.82/5.00 rating (the best combo of dls and satisfaction I found on the site).

You are a stupid, ignorant fool.

It is actually two races combined, as one person had left, leaving their builder behind. The race isn't rigged, none of the races are. How the hell can you say they are rigged w/out playing it? Ignorant fool.

Level 7
I don't consider myself a god, I merely consider ignorace the height of stupidity.

Anyways, that 1700 was over 3 months, and the rating was the best I saw for any map on the site that had been there longer than a week.

Anyways, at least 95% who've played it say that it is indeed the "King of Mauls" (not my words, theirs).

Level 9
<PMM>TerranUp16

Ok i have had over 2K download of Meat 2(russian version) at our forums and than every day i saw at northerland b.net the picture with 5-6 DoTa's and 2-4 Meat 2 ,but here no one even DL it.
<that was a prologe>

Now.
TD - Tower Defence where the main thing of a game is a ballance of races\monsters\towers and right(same) parts ,so every one could be happy.

TD isn't a game where any import needed(still it may improve gameplay like an additional effect import ,but not so "heavy")

And the second thing is that i'll always prefer classic WMV than any other guys map,who take same name of a map and wanna have same reputation.

Remember a day when 1 man made a map and make a name for it same as another's creator best map, and that map started to be very popular,because that was the same at everything even name,but have had another creator.

If somebody wanna ask about those 2 games PM me.I'll make links for them.

Level 7
Actually, only two races are "import heavy".

I can see that you'd like to stick to the original, but it's rather ignorant to say something's bad when you've not played it and have no intention of doing so.

The balance is there, as is the depth of the races, etc... the new terrain helps greatly as well. The new triggers eliminate the lag which Duke's triggers could not.

The imports are there, but they're mostly there to catch people's eye, to get them to play it, etc... The gameplay will make them stay.

I long debated whether to use the name of WinterMaul in the map at all, or to call it something different.

I decided to use WinterMaul: Remade b/c it embodies the spirit of WinterMaul in the races, and creeps, and gameplay, etc...

I suggest you give it a try, but if you don't, at least don't attempt to flame it.

Anyways, you do realize that a majority of classic WMs now aren't even made by Duke WinterMaul.

Also, did you ever see the WinterMaul 2 that he created (yes, Duke actually made that)? It was pretty bad, lol, but it was even less like WM than WM: RM is.

Level 16
Terranup16 also known as Dukewintermaul ?

Didnt think so, in other words you are riding on someone elses fame. This is not the same as example putting 'hero siege' to maps name and get fame like that, you are putting someones account, name, to your map title. That is clearly only to get more fame at the expense of Duke.

Enought with this being a rip off -talking, lets get to the game itself. I have played the map, and if this is 'king of mauls', i cant even think of how bad is 'the peon of mauls'.
-Unit spawning is made the most noobiest way. Each spawning time causes a small 0.5 lag spike.
-the units just stand there stupidly, moving only 12 units at a time, and there are like a hundred of them
-the races and towers are all seen before, or did you also create the other wintermaul versions? I dont believe you did
-its a god damn maul! Have some creativity :D

Im a peacefull man, i think flaming is just bad behaviour, BUT so is your self praising, it made me sick, so i did an exception this time, you deserve it.

Level 7
Actually, I think you're the noob.

The spawns are separated by .5 seconds because that causes less people to lag out. When they all spawn at once, there is a far, far greater chance that people will lag out. The sectioned spawn creates less lag (none for anyone with a decent computer) and fewer people lag out.

They move more than 12 at a time, I do not know what you are watching. They are triggered to move more than 12 at once, so if you observe only 12 moving at once, it is entirely beyond my control.

The races are in no other maul. I created earlier versions of this, so obviously they're in those, but the races are in no other maul.

Ah, k, so I must be worse than the people who made the X series, among others? They basically just took WM, and rigged it, etc... Didn't even take Duke's name off ot if (feel sorry for the guy b/c his name is on X8 and X9... horrible maps). At least I put remade on my title, changed a lot of crap, etc...

I created all 11 races from scratch... that's not creativity?

Anyways, you want to see creativity, it will be coming in a few months. This map is nothing compared to the one I'm working on atm.

Level 16
Actually, I think you're the noob.

Still bad at taking critisism? Lets leave it to that, i dont want to get into arguments that are you a real a-hole prick in real life or not, im beyond that kind of talking.

They move more than 12 at a time, I do not know what you are watching. They are triggered to move more than 12 at once, so if you observe only 12 moving at once, it is entirely beyond my control.

I didnt actually come up with this. Its common knowledge when you tell a computer to move a hundred units at same time, the units stuck and move slowly, stop and move, stop and move.

The races are in no other maul. I created earlier versions of this, so obviously they're in those, but the races are in no other maul.

We all known that mauls tend to just change the names of towers and races and maybe few tower dmg tweakjs here and there when creating another maul. I dont have time and i dont wanna bother to check if that is the case in your version, so you win this one, lets say you 'created' all the races...

Anyways, you want to see creativity, it will be coming in a few months. This map is nothing compared to the one I'm working on atm.

Lets just hope it isnt a remake of Footmen Wars :D

Level 9
Muhahahah ,poor guy :\

Sorry for an offtop , but that's really funny to see at how he is trying to defend himself :D

P.S. If you want i may give 2 U some tutorials about:
1)How much computer units must be in a map simultaniously with a "move trigger"
2)"Moving trigger" itself
3)Some multinstant "spell triggers" for towers

)_______________________)

BTW i think that those 8 (or 10 ,i don't remember) races,that was at Wintermaul(WoW i even played several maps with him :p ) is enough. No new races needed.

Level 7
You didn't exactly supply critism...

All the towers actually were from scratch. I created one base tower of my own design, and c+ped the others.

I did also create Balance Wars, which is a footmen wars-like map, but it is the first army-based one and also has quite a few other tweaks that make it interesting. I haven't advertised that as much b/c I'm still testing it really, albeit with released versions.

No, what I'm currently working on is another "maul". Maul only in name really. You won't see too much creativity with the races, as I picked something that is rather rigid and that I can't change much. What you will see though, are some very cool new systems. The gameplay will be amazing (I've got working versions now, they just don't have all the races and are not yet fully balanced, so yeah I can say that without having anything to back it up). I don't want to reveal anything at the moment, but just know that it's coming.

Unfortunately, I've not much time these days even in my free time. Most of my time is taken up by The Great Troll War. It's a mod of which I'm the Lead Designer/Producer. The mod will feature 8 new factions, 2 campaigns, full single-player mode, etc...

The combat system in it will be all new, and much more realistic than normal WCIII. It will actually have physics, and much, much more.

Level 7
VampireKB said:

Sorry for an offtop , but that's really funny to see at how he is trying to defend himself :D

BTW i think that those 8 (or 10 ,i don't remember) races,that was at Wintermaul(WoW i even played several maps with him :p ) is enough. No new races needed.

All the spell triggers are multi-instanceable. I'm well-versed in the matters of movement, and have optimized the triggers for movement. Simply too much is embedded in the WCIII engine though, that even optimized movement makes little difference.

Level 7
VampireKB said:

I'm well versed in the move triggers and such. The WCIII engine just controls too much of it though, so even with triggers specifically optimized for it, there is not much you can do.

All the spell towers have multi-instanceable triggers, so I don't know what your problem is there.

The old races got old, lol. The new races are good, balanced, new, refreshing, varied, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.