• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War Of The Towerd TD 0.87 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
War Of The Towers TD 0.90 Beta

War Of The Towers TD 0.90 Beta
Map Made By
Exoudar

110336d1328118312-war-towerd-td-0-87-beta-map-full-view.jpg

New Patch!

Gameplay
-Unarmored now take 80% from magic and spells instead of 100%

Skeleton Towers:
-Skeleton Orc Range increased from 400 to 500
-Skeleton Orc now gain +orb per 1 kill from 2 kills

-Skeleton Orc King now has Dark Orb
-Skeleton Orc King requires 6 Skeleton Orcs from 5

-Skeleton Mage Range increased from 600 to 650
-Multi Shadowbolt now burn mana 1 per orb to targeted creeps
(Now they can clear wave 26)

-Improve skeleton archer attack animation
-Skeleton Archer attack speed increased from 0.9 to 1
-Skeleton Archer Poisen now does 5 dps instead of 10
-Skeleton Archer, Now poisen can kill
-Skeleton Archer's Poisen now spread when a unit dies in 150 AOE
-Skeleton Archer now has maximum of 2 Orbs
-Skeleton Archer now gain +4 damage per orb from +2
-Skeleton Archer Poisen now last 10 secs per orb From 5 secs

-Skeleton Warrior damage increased from 35 to 45
-Skeleton Warrior splash increased from 125 to 150

-Skeleton Necromancer now gain +Orb per 7 Kills from 10

-Fixed Skeleton Lich Brilliance aura, now It should work even when you have mana fountain
-Add ability to Skeleton Lich [Mini Frost Nova]

-Skeleton Dragon now has 125 Splash damage
-Skeleton Dragon attack speed Increased from 1 to 1.2
-Dragon Myth, Removed 5/s regeneration
-Dragon Myth no longer will be sent to defeated players

BUGS
-Fixed a bug where skeleton warrior can damage your towers
-Fixed a bug where Dragon Myth is targeted as air
-Fixed a bug where when you lose from bosses you don't actually lose
-Fixed a bug where sometimes when you send a unit it won't be send

Talent
-Rapid Fire now give Increased attack speed per attack from 4% to 5%

-Runner now movement speed increased from 3% to 4% per stack

-Demotion cooldown reduced from 200 to 160

-Disabler cooldown reduced from 140 to 100

Sending Units
-Now when you send a unit, you send it to both the enemy instead of 1

-Catabult increased first stock timer

Map Stage
Beta
Gameplay
Map Type: Tower Defence

Number Of Players: 2v2

Winning: Enemies lives become 0
Losing: Your lives become 0

Gameplay: Build your towers and kill anything trying to pass, there are 8 towers, each tower has special passive ability.
110334d1328118312-war-towerd-td-0-87-beta-detailed-evility.jpg

Talent: There are two talent build and you get to choose 1 only, Defensive for stronger towers and Offensive will make enemy creeps stronger; making it hard for them to survive.

Each two waves you get 1 talent point(lumber)

110333d1328118312-war-towerd-td-0-87-beta-defensive-talent.jpg

Talent also requires advancing in order to reach the final point

110337d1328118523-war-towerd-td-0-87-beta-talent-require-advancing.jpg

Income System: By sending creeps to your enemy you gain income when each round ends, also sending creeps to your enemy is a key of winning.

110335d1328118523-war-towerd-td-0-87-beta-income-system.jpg

Any suggestion, balance, bugs or feedback, fell free to tell me please.

Please play the map more than once, there are towers stronger vs certain waves and weak vs others, making 1 tower type and saying wave # is too strong or too weak is not helping :/

Also please notice this is my first map ever, easy on me :)

ENJOY !

EDIT:
add 4 new screen shots (now with lower size)
add open map (old one couldnt be opened with WE)

EDIT: (1/23/2012)

it seems some of the pictures is broken , so I uploaded all as attachments

New Patch v0.90 Beta

Changelog:

-Now you can have both defensive and offensive, but 200 sec cooldown to switch between them.

-some units didnt get magic resist, fixed them.

-Add new builder with 6 new towers, Skeletons theme, each tower get Orbs when they kill creeps, and when they have 1 or more orbs they can activate their Dark Orb abilities.

Here is pirctures of some of the new towers with their abilities.

110649d1328118707-war-towerd-td-0-87-beta-skeleton-warrior.jpg

110648d1328118707-war-towerd-td-0-87-beta-skeleton-mage.jpg

110647d1328118707-war-towerd-td-0-87-beta-skeleton-lich.jpg

110646d1328118707-war-towerd-td-0-87-beta-skeleton-dragon.jpg

Attachments

• More screen shots 1.jpg
    More screen shots 1.jpg
    978.8 KB · Views: 75
  • More screen shots 2.jpg
    More screen shots 2.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 62
  • More screen shots3.jpg
    More screen shots3.jpg
    932.3 KB · Views: 78
  • More screen shots4.jpg
    More screen shots4.jpg
    975.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Defensive talent.jpg
    Defensive talent.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 316
  • Detailed evility.jpg
    Detailed evility.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 475
  • Income system.jpg
    Income system.jpg
    850 KB · Views: 365
  • Map full view.jpg
    Map full view.jpg
    710.1 KB · Views: 568
  • talent require advancing.jpg
    talent require advancing.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 344
  • Skeleton Dragon.jpg
    Skeleton Dragon.jpg
    908 KB · Views: 373
  • Skeleton Lich.jpg
    Skeleton Lich.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 350
  • Skeleton Mage.jpg
    Skeleton Mage.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 389
  • Skeleton Warrior.jpg
    Skeleton Warrior.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 347
  • War Of The Towers 0.92 Beta.w3x
    431.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Level 12
Some screenshots would be nice. You could also rename the map. If you read the map it would be like this: War of the Towers Tower Defense. Now that wouldn't be good right? I will try testing this once some screenshots are up.

Level 4
Some screenshots would be nice. You could also rename the map. If you read the map it would be like this: War of the Towers Tower Defense. Now that wouldn't be good right? I will try testing this once some screenshots are up.

add 4 new screenshots (please click on "Reveal" to view the old ones)

and I would change the name but let me see how you guys find it first.

Level 4
Subscribing to see why it is called War of the Towers.
EDIT: Is this map protected?

the name can be changed, but "War of the towers" because its tower defense map where you can attack your enemy towers, either directly or by lowering their strength, OR help your towers by making them stronger.

It can't be opened by World editor if that's what you mean, I hope this is not against the rules? if it is please tell me and I will re-upload it.

Level 31
Interesting.

edit
Bugs

Portal of Death does not work
Switching between offense and defense builders gives +100 income (wtf???)
The tower stunner wave is ridiculously op >.>. That is the hardest wave next to the final boss, which is a wtf, lolz.
The summons are almost not worth it. By the time you can send the 300 gold guy, you are already late into the game and he will die easily (unless you save for awhile, in which case you are screwed).

If you are going to limit the summoning that much (so that they aren't really worth it), it's almost better to take them out ; ). Make the summons worth it : P.

Offensive builder tier 1 seriously sucks compared to defense tier 1. Defense tier 2 seriously sucks compared to offense tier 2 >.>. Considering you can switch between them, you can just build defense tier 1 towers and offense tier 2/3 towers >.>. You should take out the switch all together : ).

The slow on defense is useless due to ice towers. The lightning towers w/ defense mana regen are seriously op compared to the rest of the towers. They do by far the most dps.

Comparing the classic race to the skelly race, classic race is way the hell better. Sure you have the 400 gold ult, but that can easily be taken out by an offense person's ult >.>.

8% gold is way op (40% in all if u get all 5) compared to every other tier 1 tower. Power up the other tier towers to match it.

Last edited:
Level 4
Interesting.

edit
Bugs

Portal of Death does not work
Switching between offense and defense builders gives +100 income (wtf???)
The tower stunner wave is ridiculously op >.>. That is the hardest wave next to the final boss, which is a wtf, lolz.
The summons are almost not worth it. By the time you can send the 300 gold guy, you are already late into the game and he will die easily (unless you save for awhile, in which case you are screwed).

If you are going to limit the summoning that much (so that they aren't really worth it), it's almost better to take them out ; ). Make the summons worth it : P.

Offensive builder tier 1 seriously sucks compared to defense tier 1. Defense tier 2 seriously sucks compared to offense tier 2 >.>. Considering you can switch between them, you can just build defense tier 1 towers and offense tier 2/3 towers >.>. You should take out the switch all together : ).

The slow on defense is useless due to ice towers. The lightning towers w/ defense mana regen are seriously op compared to the rest of the towers. They do by far the most dps.

Comparing the classic race to the skelly race, classic race is way the hell better. Sure you have the 400 gold ult, but that can easily be taken out by an offense person's ult >.>.

8% gold is way op (40% in all if u get all 5) compared to every other tier 1 tower. Power up the other tier towers to match it.

Thank you a lot for your testing and suggestions, really appreciate it.

I will work on fixing the bugs you mentioned as well as balancing everything.

Level 31
Much better. The splash tower still seems pretty bad. Mana regen towers are now underpowered. Gold mine seems well balanced now. The summoner is a little op early game but seems pretty decent later on now ; ). Try changing the amount of summons they can have up based on the tier ; ).

Also for the summons, maybe you should make it summon more for every summon you've previously summoned of a type? For example, you summon 1 peasant 1 round. Next round, you summon 1 peasant, but it summons 2 instead. Next round it might summon 3, etc. You probably want to use a logarithmic equation for the summon bonus ; P. As it stands, the summons are still very sucky, hehe. Power in numbers, so do the summon bonus ^)^. Also, try giving the summons better abilities like the waves in the td ;o. For example, could have a disabler summon, a wind walk summon, and so on.

Level 4
By splash tower you mean flame tower? It does quite good damage and one of the few which can survive Massive Waves.

I still have to test mana fountain more.

As for the summons, alot of them have abilities, for example one have armor aura (Mountain Giant), and other one have an ability which destroy 1 tower which killed it.

When I host it online much summons I send managed to leak the enemy, I don't want to buff them much where sending become better than making towers.

Thanks again for the testing and glad this version seems better for you :)

Level 31
If sending is worse than making towers, then it's better to just make towers. If sending is better, then you have to send + make towers (to defend). If sending is the same as making towers, then you might as well just make towers.

Sending should always be better than making towers : P. It shouldn't be overly better, otherwise players will just mass send and not build, but it should be quite a lot better, either from income or from powered sends. This is how regular tower war games work. If sending is equal or only a little better than towers, then it is better to just make towers. If you have sends in the map, you have to make them quite a bit better than making towers ; ). This is why in tower war maps, you always build minimally and send maximally, because sending is way better than building ;D, but building is 100% necessary due to lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.