• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] Frenzy TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14

Frenzy TD
It's a tower defense map which your goal is to prevent any incoming enemies entering into the Prime Arcane Observatory.
There's multiple different kind of towers to build to protect the observatory.

It actually inspired me by Mafia TD map. Bunch of my friends played that map long time ago including me.
So I'm very happy to share some information about the progress of my map.:smile:

234345-albums7856-picture100910.jpg

234345-albums7856-picture100911.jpg

Version History

v1.4
- Reworked on Gold Tower's system.
- Fixed Multi-Towers' ability don't work on air creeps.

v1.3
- New Aura Tower. (Building limits: 2)
- New Enemy type: Flying.
- New Command: "-boss". This will show what wave will boss comes.
- New Command: "-air". Same as "-boss", it will show what wave they'll come.
- New Command: "-gamemode". This will show what gamemode is used during the game.
- All Chaos Tower's Damage has been increased
- All Lategame Towers' Damage has been rapidly increased.
- Increased all creeps' bounty.
- Added Custom Builder skin.
- Added "Command", "Bug Report", and "Credit" Quests.
- Added building's limits to all towers lvl 1' tooltip.
- Added teleportation effect when any enemies newly created.
- At W 25 or above, lumber can be now gained after each round.
- Incoming enemies reduced to 90.
- Wave Timer reduced to 15.
- Waves extends to 50.
- Changed Boss lvl 4's appearance from W.45 to W.50.
- Changed Music when each Wave starts.
- Reworked Gamemode Dialog.
- Fixed Gold tower that Lumber's Floating text doesn't appear.
- Fixed Lumber gathering for Multiplayer.
- Fixed Starting gold.
- Fixed when single final boss killed all creeps including other final bosses when died.
- Removed "Upgrade structure" ability.

v1.2
- Added towers' building limits to 5. (Except Gold, Chaos, Cannon, and Multi Tower)
- Added Chaos, Cannon, and Multi Tower's building limit to 3.
- Added Wave indicator at Lifeboard.
- Added Gold Tower Lvl 2-5's sound.
- Added bosses' new ability.
- Modified towers lvl 1's tooltip.
- Bash Towers' stun have now multiple levels.
- Changed all Frost Towers' projectile
- Changed Multi Tower Lvl 16's Icon.
- Changed Bash Tower Lvl 4 and 6's Icon
- Fixed Victory trigger.
- Fixed Gold Towers.

v1.1
- New Cannon Towers. (Lvl 20-25)
- New Multi Towers. (Lvl 20-25)
- New Frost Towers. (Lvl 8-16)
- New Chaos Towers. (Lvl 13-17)
- New Builder ability. (Upgrade, Destroy, and Global Teleport)
- New Research Center.
- New Research.
- Added new boss. (Wave 45)
- Added Gold Tower's limit to 6.
- Added Victory trigger.
- Waves extends to 45.
- All bosses buffed. (Except new boss)
- Chaos Towers' damage has increased.
- Modified Chaos Tower Lvl 7-9's lumber costs.
- Modified Hints.
- Modified Wave 1-3 creeps.
- Fixed Misspelled dialog.
- Fixed Gold Towers
- Removed "Destroy" ability to all towers.

v1.0
- Alpha released.

This map was probably takes 80 (or more) mins to complete the gameplay of the map.

You can tell me if there's a bugs, unbalanced things, or etc you seen.:smile:

If you have any questions about this, please tell me.

The map is now completed at http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/frenzy-td-v1-5-a-269333/?prev=status=p

Attachments

• Frenzy TD v1.4 Protected.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Level 10
I just finished playing your map, here is my advice and what I had experienced:

• The builder should have Blink
  • The first three waves of shades where quite annoying because of their constant death sound. The first units should be chickens or something like that, in my opinion.
  • There is a typo when choosing the mode, the normal mode button says "200 Starting Armour" instead of "200 Starting Gold"
  • There are a lot of missing words and grammar issues in the tips. For example: "Gold towers has a rare chance of giving you lumber"
  • The damage types should also state the actual attack type, e.g Siege, Pierce, Hero, Chaos, etc.
  • The Gold Tower is abusable, If you keep spamming the stop button, the gold is still triggered, so if I keep spamming the stop button I'll get a ton of extra gold. This can be fixed with a damage detection system or hiding the stop button.
  • Wave 31 had only a Boss and no other units spawned.
  • Wave 35 had no units whatsoever and that made the map reach a halt. (unless that was the last wave and you had no victory trigger)

I've attached my replay for you.

Attachments

• FrenzyTD DEE-BOO.w3g
    282.2 KB · Views: 58
Level 14
  • There is a typo when choosing the mode, the normal mode button says "200 Starting Armour" instead of "200 Starting Gold"

Didn't see that coming, thanks for knowing me about that. :smile:

• Wave 31 had only a Boss and no other units spawned.

I actually did that on purpose. There's no bug or something about that. (unless that's a short wave.)

• Wave 35 had no units whatsoever and that made the map reach a halt. (unless that was the last wave and you had no victory trigger)

That's the last wave of the current version right now. Still expanding waves.

Btw, thanks for sending me your replay to know how you played my map. :smile:
About the Gold Tower, they're fixed in the next version. :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 14
Worked so far. :) (This is not final)

v1.1
- New Cannon Towers. (Lvl 20-25)
- New Multi Towers. (Lvl 20-25)
- New Frost Towers. (Lvl 8-12)
- New Builder ability. (Upgrade, Destroy, and Global Teleport)
- New Research Center.
- New Research.
- Added new boss. (Wave 45)
- Added Gold Tower's limit to 6.
- Added Victory trigger.
- Waves extends to 45.
- All bosses buffed. (Except new boss)
- Chaos Towers' damage has increased.
- Modified Hints.
- Modified Wave 1-3 creeps.
- Fixed Misspelled dialog.
- Fixed Gold Towers
- Removed "Destroy" ability to all towers.

Level 10
V1.1

• Frost towers have the same amount of slow on every level, this makes it pointless to upgrade.
  • You should change the missile art for the Frost tower, it's the same every level.
  • Stun towers have no scaling attack speed or bash. This also (like the Frost Towers) makes it pointless to upgrade. The bash stuns for 2 seconds 25% of the time at level 1, is pretty unbalanced. In the game I had, I mass produced them and they can lock down anyone.
  • Your map has an issue of quantity over quality, when building towers, I find it's more effective to mass build instead of upgrading them.
  • In your description you should add information about the "play time". In the game I had, It took 80 minutes to win. It would be pretty neat to see a map that will tell you how long the game will take.
  • I played on the hardest level with the least lives and I won flawlessly with no leaks with leftover 2000+ lumber. This is due to mass production of level 1 Frost Towers and Bash Towers. You should also make late game towers that only cost lumber.
  • Gold towers still have an issue. If I spam the mouse to order them to attack a target, then quickly switch back and forth, it gives me extra gold. I made my own gold tower ability, you should check it out, I attached the test map.
  • The tower tool tip still doesn't tell me if it does Siege damage or Hero, I have to build it first to find out.
  • The life table in the top right corner should display what the current wave is.
  • The third level of lumber research is pointless. (You will see in my replay).
  • One of the boss units is too big, his head goes through the top of the gate, it's no big deal, but I'd thought I'd let you know.
  • You should make the creeps come out of a cave or have a teleport effect instead appearing out of nowhere.
  • Archer tower is pointless, change to make it useful and have an impact, for example: "You need archer towers (Piercing Damage) to beat flying units (Light Armour)".
  • The victory message comes before I even kill the last boss.
  • You need more variety of creep, they need to be more special, for example, Invisible Units, Etheral units, Evasion, Boss with Endurance/Devotion Aura, Magic Immune, Unable to be slowed, High Regen, Poison Immune, Far Apart Spawning, etc.

I'll be back to see the newer version :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• FrenzyTDv1.1 DEE-BOO.w3g
    326.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Gold Tower.w3x
    20 KB · Views: 92
Level 14
  • Frost towers have the same amount of slow on every level, this makes it pointless to upgrade.
  • You should change the missile art for the Frost tower, it's the same every level.
  • Stun towers have no scaling attack speed or bash. This also (like the Frost Towers) makes it pointless to upgrade. The bash stuns for 2 seconds 25% of the time at level 1, is pretty unbalanced. In the game I had, I mass produced them and they can lock down anyone.
  • Your map has an issue of quantity over quality, when building towers, I find it's more effective to mass build instead of upgrading them.
  • In your description you should add information about the "play time". In the game I had, It took 80 minutes to win. It would be pretty neat to see a map that will tell you how long the game will take.
  • I played on the hardest level with the least lives and I won flawlessly with no leaks with leftover 2000+ lumber. This is due to mass production of level 1 Frost Towers and Bash Towers. You should also make late game towers that only cost lumber.
  • Gold towers still have an issue. If I spam the mouse to order them to attack a target, then quickly switch back and forth, it gives me extra gold. I made my own gold tower ability, you should check it out, I attached the test map.
  • The tower tool tip still doesn't tell me if it does Siege damage or Hero, I have to build it first to find out.
  • The life table in the top right corner should display what the current wave is.
  • The third level of lumber research is pointless. (You will see in my replay).
  • One of the boss units is too big, his head goes through the top of the gate, it's no big deal, but I'd thought I'd let you know.
  • You should make the creeps come out of a cave or have a teleport effect instead appearing out of nowhere.
  • Archer tower is pointless, change to make it useful and have an impact, for example: "You need archer towers (Piercing Damage) to beat flying units (Light Armour)".
  • The victory message comes before I even kill the last boss.
  • You need more variety of creep, they need to be more special, for example, Invisible Units, Etheral units, Evasion, Boss with Endurance/Devotion Aura, Magic Immune, Unable to be slowed, High Regen, Poison Immune, Far Apart Spawning, etc.

I'll be back to see the newer version :thumbs_up:

Thanks for a another feedback about v1.1 and a map that helps me about the Gold tower issue! :)

Level 14
Just for a few works. (Not even final)

v1.2
- Added towers' building limits to 5. (Except Gold Towers)
- Added Wave indicator at Lifeboard.
- Added Gold Tower Lvl 2-5's sound.
- Added bosses' new ability.
- Modified towers lvl 1's tooltip. (Not added yet)
- Bash Towers' stun have now multiple levels.
- Reworked Gamemode Dialog. (Not added yet)
- Changed all Frost Towers' projectile
- Changed Multi Tower Lvl 16's Icon.
- Changed Bash Tower Lvl 4 and 6's Icon
- Fixed Victory trigger. (Not added yet)
- Fixed Gold Towers.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Nice new interpretation of the Mafia TD concept. I will keep an eye on this *subscribing*

Level 5
i just found a Little bug.. if u dont Change the game mode in the beginning and just press "start" u dont get the 200 Gold!

Level 14
Sorry for not updating the map so long. I'm kinda busy creating new game (Not WC3 map).
Btw, here's the upcoming changelog.

v1.3
- New Command: "-gamemode". This will show what gamemode is used during the game.
- Waves extends to 50.
- Fixed Starting gold.
- Fixed when single final boss killed all creeps including other final bosses when died.

Level 14
Updated to v1.3! :smile:

v1.3
- Waves extends to 50.
- Changed Music when each Wave starts.
- Fixed Starting gold.

WARNING!
There's a major bug about air creeps. Multi-Towers' ability don't work on air creeps. I suggest don't play with Flying creeps until the next version.

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Please don't double post all the time, as far as I know the subscription notification is renewed once the latest post is edited.

Gj on the new version, I gonna check them out

Status
Not open for further replies.