• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.18 BETA Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I got that already, and its awesome really, just wouldn't you get the green box for DISBTN? If not why the hell are we still using Wc3 borders?

Becouse it takes ages and ages to replace borders and why would DISBTN become green?

Level 17
DISBTN becomes green if you import the files wrong, otherwise it works perfect.
"If not why the hell are we still using Wc3 borders?"

If you mean why other people still use standard, it is becouse the icon has standard borders already or custom borders wont fit in with the UI or they want it to be the standard ones.

It is up to the map maker if he wants to use custom icon borders or not.

Level 17
Im not sure about that.
But im sure you can check somewhere if your allowed to upload icons without standard borders. But i regulary see comments like "your borders is incorrect, use this insted..." so im not sure.
But im sure about one thing, i have seen a starcraft 1 icon pack here on the site, and if i dont remember wrong, its not the standard borders.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The person who submited the screenshots really should not have. He firstly did not compress them so you have insaly large images. Secondly his screen was tiny. Thirdly he did not even have AA turned on.

Next time I test the map, after I have a decent convert installed, I could take some propper screenshots at 16* AA and AF at 1680*1050. It looks much cooler with those settings.

The max map size is 8 MB, anthing else is a lie.

All icons should be the same style, if you need borders DL the icon assist tool from the tools section with all the templates.

Level 17
Well, i think the Dr Super Good means that you gave preview pictures of 1.18, but the pictures made it look worse then it actually was which means that it would have been a bad idea to upload, people might get dissapointed when they see this.
But shouldent we leave this thread to rest now? It was suppost to be 1.18 BETA preview screenshots, kind of.. Now we could almost give out 1.19 BETA screenshots! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.