|About the Map|
|Tips for new players|
It's a great map with many refined features. I was kind of hoping the arrow keys would rotate the camera, since things get in the way of the camera from time to time and movement can be done with the mouse anyway. I love the concept of crafting from resources I collect and being able to use those same resources in a pinch (like reusing stones or eating raw food).
I was enjoying the game until I only stopped moving for an instant and ended up auto-attacking a mammoth. I assumed it killed me since I was already on low life, but the game crashed with an error message.
This maps looks great i love the way the map is but something i would recomend is that changing the music since it does not really fit for the map theme and the concept but otherwise this is a great job!
You're welcome! ^ ^Thanks for mentioning it, since i am always playing with the music turned off, i have never thought about this!
I would appreciate more feedbacks like this
Looks pretty good.
- Add an option to use the regular camera.
- When there is a tree between your character and the camera, you should hide it / make it transparent.
- Add an option to automatically pick up items when you run over them. The combination of the arrow key camera with it moving when you click on items is very visually jarring.
- As has been suggested by Tickles, you should add an option for arrow keys to rotate the camera instead of moving the character. Left/Right rotates, Up/Down changes angle of attack.
- Add some sort of bag or inventory system. Inventory gets full really quickly, especially since your 6 slots are also used by equipment.
- Weapons could be equipped by clicking them, removing them from your inventory but providing a bonus. Equipping a new weapon to an already used slot would move the old weapon back into your inventory.
- Materials could be placed in a multiboard inventory. You could take this idea further by giving each item a weight and/or size, thereby limiting inventory size by character strength or bag size.
I would have liked to play it a bit further, but with the camera constantly spinning around to behind a tree it gets annoying. While it's nothing new, your map already has good depth and amount of content, so it has much potential.
I dont think i can make the trees transparent, but if it bothers you, you can still play with the default camera settings.
I love this. I want to add this to my map aswell but I don't know how :'(• Gathering and Mining
• Tracking, Hunting and Various Animal Behaviour
Hello, Great map and nice visuals but u have 1 huge bug. Or more of a misstake. There is this thing called camera bounds. In normal wc3 it's not rly noticed. But in your map as you got 3d person view the camera cant go to the world bounds is actually stoped a little bit earlier. Fix it and the map is genius. Keep up the good work!
This map was just released with a approval of 4/5 already!?
Anytime another Wild map is released I hear about it for some reason. Most of the features work relatively the same as some of the other survival maps out there with some minor tuning & changes. Nothing is really new here to me other than the 3rd person view then again that's just my opinion.
3rd Person Approach (Smooth Cam)
Map size already at 7.42 MB!
No RPG elements (Map labeled as RPG)
Map Leaks Heavily
Contains Bugs (Units getting stuck but aren't really there to begin with)
Resources are too far apart
Resources (craftable) cost heavy
3rd Person View: Line of Sight problems
Visually the map looks great but the layout is large & too open in most areas, it feels like large gaps of dirt to find resources, once you've learned the ropes I see no replay value here. There's not much to do & seems like a early stage of a map. I was excited to see something new brought to the table but all of these ideas are original & used. Seeing how the map is well over 7MB I'm not sure what else this could offer unless there's a plan to go beyond that.
This map needs improvements I don't agree with a 4/5
I love this map, because I'm a Survival map lover. But u should read this :
- items that can't be created altough u have required resources as displayed in the recipes :
1. Obsidian spear in the Weapon Crafting table
2. 'Bag' (store 10 items) in the Crafting table
3. Cauldron and Large Tent in the Tannery table
(Bag and Cauldron has the same recipe, it's weird)
Questions n advices:
- Snake is really hard to find. May be in the entire map which trees n bushes is spreading, those damn creature only came up 1 or 2. Its more easier to find mammoth than snake. Is it normal?
- I always use free camera mode instead of locked camera, because it doesnt make me have headache for playing in long hour. And I think its right to make trees blurred when our cavemen walk between the trees, so we dont have a blind spot.
- There is no fishing pole when theres a river and lake with much of fish. Add a simple fishing pole, so its more fun beside catching a fish just using throwing spear, bow or just pursue the fish with axe in hand.
- The cooldown of pumpkin bowl when getting a water is too long.
- I think u should make a different use of fur and hide among the animal because it needs different effort to kill each one. This bring u to make advanced more items especially in the tannery with various stats.
- Add more items because your map is still lack on items variation for Survival map. I just get bored when playing in 5 times. Add more weapon and utility stuff.
- The terrain need more detail because its almost flat. But the atmophere is nice. Make it more darker when the night comes and add more dangerous at night (not only wolf, but i think u should add 'bloodthirsty bat' that comes only at night as a treat. adding sound of roaring wolf or hyena is cool right?)
- I don't get the meaning of "freezing wind coming from the north." Yeah I know its just sugar for the coffee. Theres just random rain and falling snow. Do u know that i wanna play this map bcause of that sentence? Imagine if there's a calendar that player can check and knowing that 'The Winter' will end up in X days and the great blizzard comes to end your life in this map.. so it adds another tensions.
- How can u make a slingshot lost its ammo for just one shot..? It makes no different with throwing a rock then. And also net. Bow sometimes lost the arrow when used, ok I can accept it.
I think theres another thing i wanna write, but i forgot.
Ok may u consider for updating ur map..
why i can't make a cauldron but i has what its need
Thaelran, is it normal for the net to disappear when used? Like when you use it, kill the beast, but the net disappears as if it was never crafted. It happened to me several times, it doesn't matter if I kill aerial or land "game". Also, is the crafting table's skill, Disassemble supposed to break a crafted item to it's components or just destroy it? Cuz in my case, when i disassemble an item of any kind - be that packed up structure, a weapon, or a tool - it always destroys them.
Thanks, but i don't know how to fix this... any ideas?
Btw i dont think its a huge problem
hello thaelran,i had found some bug in the game:
1.cannot make some item although had the materials
2.bow and slingshot only can use one time,when shot bow it deals no damage and create a new arrow at target place without decreasing arrow amount in invetory(slingshot does deal damage)
3.i heard my friend say when he make heavy leather coat it turn out to be a heavy fur coat
4.the refine spell in tannery table seems to heavily bugged as it turn every item into fur/leather
5.tannery table can make infinite leather/fur bug:
s=space h=hide/fur l=leather/fur
And i recommended you to add:
1.animal cage:made of sticks and branches,can be use by putting small animals like grouse and rabbit into it and wait it multiply(breed)
2.slingshot:changed to make small animals into an item(caught rabbit,grouse)to be able to put them into the animal cage
3.crocodile/alligator:make river passing difficult and it drops croc/alligator leather,meat,tooth when killed(make it harder than other animal but less harder than mammoth)
4.cavelayer can hide in cave to avoid cold and most weather effect,but it is darker than other places(fog effect)and have some dangerous things like scorpion,cave bear.and inside the cave player can build stuffs and catch cave fish at cave lake.
5.more animals:scorpions(in cave),cave fish,alligator,spider(harmless,in cave),cockroach(harmless,in cave),cannibals(sure,didnt see any ingame before,and they wield weapons,armours)
6.add fog effect to game at daytime and nighttime(dawn:slightly bright than night,noon:very bright,dusk:darker than daytime,night:superdark,only can see with torches)
7.more items:food,light sources,weapons,buildings(rotate able)
Good luck for this map
Played the game a few times but we didn't play long because of a few things that annoyed me and some could be improved incl suggestions.
1. Camera- is buggy, sometimes it is locked then it goes free even if you don't press esc. Not to mention that trees sometimes block the camera or when you are using cursor to move your character
2. Backpacks/Sacks- are hard to use and is practically impossible to swap weapons through this feature.(I suggest using backpacks similar to wilderness survival if you don't mind)
3. Autoloot - is pointless and annoying. the very limited backpack space can't accommodate having autoloot. The horrors of dropping an item that you don't need is unbearable. (If you don't get what I mean, basically, when i drop items, autoloot picks them up.)
4. Items - are in scarcity, in my opinion but it's not much of a problem.