1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Winter Wars v.1.1

Submitted by LieroBoy
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
LieroBoy Presents
Winter Wars

Youtube Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxClW-foKiw

[​IMG]

INTRODUCTION

Winter Wars is an Altered Melee map where you build bases and defend them.

GAMEPLAY

This map is like Island Wars, but has a much more different style of early gameplay, for this time you can position the base

anywhere on the map and also your spawn point.

The winning style is like the Battlefield style of gameplay but this game uses encampments, not flags. You can buy units at

the edge of the map, and to earn money for you to buy units you need to build Oil Refineries using Engineers.

There are many techniques to attack and defend in the game, you can mix several types of units for the attack to be

effective, and you can also counter expected attacks with right counter-units.

EARLY GAME TIPS

Early
[​IMG]

You start by positioning your Capital, the more capital you have from the enemy he will lose points, then position your spawn

point, you will have access to buy your units at the bottom edge of the map.

You will win the game when the enemy has lose all his capital or his points reach zero.

SCREENSHOTS

Clash
[​IMG]

Tank Assault
[​IMG]

Airstrike
[​IMG]

Docking
[​IMG]

CHANGELOG

Changelog

v.1.1
- created the game from "Island Wars"

CREDITS

Credits

Many thanks to these modellers who made the models in the game:

Illidan(Evil)X, Mr. Bob, chilla_killa

Thanks for the betatesters at garena, and SkyBlitzcrank for the games made on the youtube video

Keywords:
War, Conquest
Contents

Winter Wars v.1.1 (Map)

Reviews
12:18, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected Please upload the right map again and your map will be approved.
  1. 12:18, 8th Sep 2011
    Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected

Please upload the right map again and your map will be approved.

2. MR.Tricky

MR.Tricky

Resources:
    Resources:
    you should put screenshots under one tab other than that everything looks great
    Defenders in the middle attackers from the side?( i didn't get that until i saw the screenshots put it under "Gameplay" or "Introduction"
    (WILL TEST)

3. light bolt30

light bolt30

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here's a list of BB Codes, you might want to take a look at the hidden tags provided in the link.

4. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    I suggest you improve your description, properly put your screenshots in hidden tags like this:
    Hidden

Hidden

Either way it still looks good.

5. LieroBoy

LieroBoy

Resources:
    Resources:
    A quick update, i fixed the description (included the teams, and fixed the hidden screenshots) and posted a quick youtube video

Thanks for the comment guys, i hoped you like the map!

6. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    I suggest you hide the youtube video in a hidden tag and so is the big image.

7. LieroBoy

LieroBoy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Updated! Done, view the changelog to view the changes done in the map

8. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I recommend you using custom buuilding models, original Warcraft 3 look weird in Modern Warfare theme.

9. GIANT_CRAB

GIANT_CRAB

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Dude, give credits to the owner of the models and credits to whoever helped you in anyways.

10. LieroBoy

LieroBoy

Resources:
    Resources:
    @tleno Thanks for the suggestion, i will release the next version on saturday with new building models

@GIANT_CRAB I give the modellers credits as seen on the quest log of the map, but i will also put credits here at THW

11. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Great. You should possibly even edit the desciption now and add the changelog without updating.
    Also, you could put all scrrenshot in one hidden tag, you can also leave some comment before the screenshots if you want to describe it.

And don't forget to Enter after each screenshot so they wouldn't clutter but would go one after another...

12. Magnet199

Magnet199

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    map looks amazing, testing now :D

OK, here is what i got :):

Stuff i didnt like or bad:
    - game started, i really got lost, i thought it was the top right corner for the attacker -_- (not a big deal)
    - units like air-strike and Blue Falcon, after they use their special move, then what? :S they use food and i don't get it again? :S
    - I got little bit lost in the units, i thought i had to train them in my own buildings (again not a big deal :D)
    - sad the oil thingies take food and doesn't give enough gold that "I" need :p (not a big deal)

Stuff that i loved/liked:
    - the custom units
    - the great idea
    - the terrain :D
    - how can it be competitive
    - the ships :p
    - units tool-tips = helps a lot
    - i guess everything els? :p

Suggestions:
    - more amazing units
    - add some more special units ;)
    - more buildings :p (defensive and other stuff like that)
    - how about a building that can teleport you, like a tunnel or something but make it little bit expensive
    - How about air troops, like a transport airplane or something like that, it passes the location and drops like lets say 3-5 units, not strong ones just weaklings :)
    - how about upgrading the oil thingy :) or make another big one that costs a lot :D
    - a reinforcement call, just to help out if one of the teams are really getting owned hard
    - some in-game tips in the quest menue :D (not so important)

thats all i got, great map
    rate: 4/5
    Vote: Approved
    Rep: 1+

Please dont stop working on it, i really liked it :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  13. Animalpower

Animalpower

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This map is hilarious for World War III. Usage of buildings is primitive, too small map, undescribed factions and is not world scale. No middle-easterns, no communists, no americans, no germans, no bolivians.

14. Magnet199

Magnet199

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    sorry, but i had to comment back
    so you can read the future? :vw_wtf:

The Future World War, you never know what will be left, America or Germany or even Russia. Maybe it all got destroyed and only this peice of land is left, didn't you thought about that? Names doesn't mean it have to be that way.....i could say hero arena, so i couldn't make the environment in a city with people walking around ? Anyways the map is great :vw_unimpressed:

I'm just saying you know....... :vw_unimpressed:

15. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, you can make some p-lot shall we say this is the only spot on earth with sufficient oil left... that's why everyone fights for it.

16. Magnet199

Magnet199

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    EXACTLY :D
    that's what i meant (^^)

17. LieroBoy

LieroBoy

Resources:
    Resources:
    A quick comment for you guys, again thanks for your comments and i am glad that you guys liked the map

@Magnet199 Thanks for your review and suggestions! Actually you can re-arm the weapons of the air units in the Weapons Cache, which can be built by an engineer. And i will put many things in the map such as General Ranks where if your performance is good you will be promoted and can call reinforcements, nuke strikes, etc...

@Animalpower I called the game "World War III" because it was supposed to be a scenario where the Cold War has become a large war between the Allies and the Soviets and the player along with his teammates are assigned to secure the island that has enormous amount of oil.

And if i will put a plot the teams will be renamed as "Allied Attackers" and "Soviet Defenders" and the ability to choose a nation. Meaning there will be a lot of changes on the next update

18. Magnet199

Magnet199

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ^ sweet cant wait :D

19. LieroBoy

LieroBoy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Update, only two countries are present for now, , , bigger update on sunday, check the changelog