• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bandit Grove

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Map name: Bandit Grove
Number of players: 2
Playable size: 106x108
Tileset: Village

Neutral buildings:

- 6 gold mines (12500);
- Tavern;
- 2 goblin merchants;
- 2 goblin laboratories;
- 2 mercenary camps Lordaeron summer;
- 2 mercenary camps Dalaran.

Creeps:

- 8 green camps;
- 12 orange camps;
- 2 red camps.

Changelog

v2.0:

Changed few creep camps.
Contents

Bandit Grove v2.0 (Map)

Level 26
in term of normal melee game it's classic and fine map, I like it. Let's see deep inside competitive view imo.
-almost perfect treeline, not enough space for barracks. There is a space for lumber but I feel like it's too clamp (up to other people view). Also I recommend try create V head angle at the goldmines when create tree line for main base.
-almost perfect tree spacing, there are few gap near merc/lab/shop and redspot camp. bad doodad space, there are gap everywhere. try place "shift" while placing doodad next time or try ground path blocking, I hope that will help.
-too many critter, most of the time we only place it one first camp(if it's tough or undead creep), a few at mid near tavern/+up to the case and near expo.
-there aren't orange camp for AoW, merc can't be consider one cause of the water. But I think it's a good choice since early/easy merc is very dangerous to play around especially summer one. Most of the case first orange for AoW weren't above lv12 cause of instant lv2 hero. The most likely to be AoW spot rn must be the expo which is fine. for the range itself might be too far for first AoW. But with how far away enemy is + easy camp it should be fine.
-I just saw the second merc. Usually we used to call that cityscape/dalaran merc are quite strong because of the assasin brought that has high mmspeed. But Blizzard did nerf (follow MMC request) it so we still don't know how it will turn out yet. But should be lot less play. Anyway that camp is quite strong, even though item look nice. Bandit Lord has the divinity shield which is very annoying. We barely use them, but there are some case where it was use. Which is for outer camp/stall time camp. I recommend switch him to outside camp, with lot of scout this camp will be annoying by a lot to creep.
-main base/first expo are too wide for my taste don't know about other might work like on AZ.
-too many small camp for my taste, it might work like on TS. Sometime we need to see it in the real scene to see how it work. but I feel like the late-late game where it got stall will be really boring and not much high level item to play around.
-outer path area like that route to cave should not be accesable by any means(Only for competitive melee though) especially with Lab available becareful with it.
-shop camp look like it might get aggro when player army walkpass by. and the camp behind it look like it might aggro each other when creeping. but will definitely aggro by AoE spell.
-rush distance look good.
I didn't check it that much detail, just a quick look through.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-03 183840.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-03 183840.png
    869.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Level 3
in term of normal melee game it's classic and fine map, I like it. Let's see deep inside competitive view imo.
-almost perfect treeline, not enough space for barracks. There is a space for lumber but I feel like it's too clamp (up to other people view). Also I recommend try create V head angle at the goldmines when create tree line for main base.
-almost perfect tree spacing, there are few gap near merc/lab/shop and redspot camp. bad doodad space, there are gap everywhere. try place "shift" while placing doodad next time or try ground path blocking, I hope that will help.
-too many critter, most of the time we only place it one first camp(if it's tough or undead creep), a few at mid near tavern/+up to the case and near expo.
-there aren't orange camp for AoW, merc can't be consider one cause of the water. But I think it's a good choice since early/easy merc is very dangerous to play around especially summer one. Most of the case first orange for AoW weren't above lv12 cause of instant lv2 hero. The most likely to be AoW spot rn must be the expo which is fine. for the range itself might be too far for first AoW. But with how far away enemy is + easy camp it should be fine.
-I just saw the second merc. Usually we used to call that cityscape/dalaran merc are quite strong because of the assasin brought that has high mmspeed. But Blizzard did nerf (follow MMC request) it so we still don't know how it will turn out yet. But should be lot less play. Anyway that camp is quite strong, even though item look nice. Bandit Lord has the divinity shield which is very annoying. We barely use them, but there are some case where it was use. Which is for outer camp/stall time camp. I recommend switch him to outside camp, with lot of scout this camp will be annoying by a lot to creep.
-main base/first expo are too wide for my taste don't know about other might work like on AZ.
-too many small camp for my taste, it might work like on TS. Sometime we need to see it in the real scene to see how it work. but I feel like the late-late game where it got stall will be really boring and not much high level item to play around.
-outer path area like that route to cave should not be accesable by any means(Only for competitive melee though) especially with Lab available becareful with it.
-shop camp look like it might get aggro when player army walkpass by. and the camp behind it look like it might aggro each other when creeping. but will definitely aggro by AoE spell.
-rush distance look good.
I didn't check it that much detail, just a quick look through.
Hi, thanks for owerview. I changed map according your advice.
  • I imagine base layout like on screen.
  • Creeps from merchant may agro while you creep green only if you cast on them over trees longrage aoe spell like carrion.

Attachments

• layout.png
    layout.png
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • agro.png
    agro.png
    868.3 KB · Views: 4
Level 26
Hi, thanks for owerview. I changed map according your advice.
  • I imagine base layout like on screen.
  • Creeps from merchant may agro while you creep green only if you cast on them over trees longrage aoe spell like carrion.
Now that I come back to look at it again. Maybe the treeline is already in a good state, most important is something like open_up base that able to close small gap from enemy entry to your worker with altar and barrack. +space for lumber. Another thing would be care for troop training got stuck in tree line + care for wisp_spot when fixing that, hexagon trees tool might be a base line when start mapping melee map but when you got touch with these problem you can use other of course.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-07 172635.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-07 172635.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 4