• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient Rivalry

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
This is an update of a very old melee map, that I've done with lots of mistakes. After ten years I fixed some of them.
Have a nice day!
(Description in progress)

PLAYERS: 8
Mines: 22 gold mines
Shops: 6 ( 3 each side)
Mana fountain : 1 (center)
Health fountain : 1 (center)
Contents

Ancient Rivalry (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Terrain is flat. Artificially placed trees (in a line). Trees are placed in such a way that it makes it hard to gather wood. Basically, not enough lumber in bases. Also, Acolytes are easier to kill this way too (especially by Blademasters). Trees...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. Terrain is flat.
  2. Artificially placed trees (in a line).
  3. Trees are placed in such a way that it makes it hard to gather wood. Basically, not enough lumber in bases. Also, Acolytes are easier to kill this way too (especially by Blademasters). Trees around the mine are usually put to protect them.
  4. Mine creeps should have the longest camp range. They should engage player units from a distance not when close to them.
  5. It's bad to have ramps with buildable terrain if they are the only way to a player. That means, the path can be blocked/exploited by towers+supply buildings.
  6. There should be no space between trees so small units like workers, Footmen, Ghouls or Archers to pass through.
  7. Fountains are usually controvertible. Here, there are even two near each other. Maybe in 1v1 it would be more problematic. However, this creates a King of the Hill type of play which means pretty much forcing players to dominate the middle most of the time.

All in all, more space through where armies can go without being forced to kill creeps and more trees for lumber where mines are.
The concept is interesting.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/