• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Almost done Assassin Creed ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Assassin Creed ORPG

Map Name
Assassin ORPG

Map Desciption
This map started off based off the game assassin creed but I decided to revamp alot and I don't want people to have high expectations of what the game should have inside mine.To start off you can either start new or load your assassin. As you gain levels you will unlock new abilitys that you can learn. I'm trying to make the game where there is only 1 hero but a custom built of massive abilitys. You can pick from 20 abilitys that will be passive, spells, physicals you name it I'm trying it. I'm only allowing you to start off with 5 abilitys and increase you could learn as i make more versions by making a spell book to allow 12 and go further. Anyway I'm also hoping to have a Item System where whatever items you are wearing is what the assassin will look like. This shall improve the game 10 folds lol. Gives more customization which I'm basically wanted this to be. I trying a new system for quests which allows you to repeat them but will get harder based on level of your hero. some quest maybe only available to run once or a couple of times but you'll still have the ability to redo alot of others. In all i wanted this game to be customizable by the players them self. You can customize your spell set, looks, etc.

Help Required
Terrianer(I cant do towns but forests I'm ok with or anything help)
Trigger helper(this means someone who could help check over my work and/or create some since i only know GUI)
Testers(need tons of them)
Idea person(Sometime people have better ideas than me)

Things done and things that need to be done
Done List

1. Town #1 *redid almost everything and expanded it*(prob gonna be redone after demo again lol)
  2. Quest 1
  3. Few misc things
  4. Balanced guards
  5. House system (Gonna be improved after Demo)
  6. Dungeon Loot Room
  7. Special Talk system (Gonna be redone after Demo)
  8. Sleep System
  9. Training Dummy (May need to be revamp)
  10. Redone Aton of terrain (I edited mostly city but in creep areas their should be more hills and doodads to make it more realistic you judge.)[will redo again after demo cause I don't like it for some reason]
  11. Item drop system (Will be improved after demo)
  12. Hero revive system (Maybe improved after demo)
  13. 7 items
  14. 3 creep areas (I will be redoing this and improving it after demo)
Need to be Done

1. 20 Spells
  2. Save/Load System (I don't think I want this for my demo tho)
  3. Total 30 Items
  4. Total 6 Quest
  5. Redo model for main Assassin Altair (I wont do for demo)
  6. Arena Area system (I wont do for demo)
  7. Random Flags (I wont do for demo)
  8. 1 more Cities (I wont do for demo)
  9. Ability system (I wont do for demo)
  10. 1 hero balanced
  11. 5 custom skills
  12. 1 Dungeon
  13. Hide/Warning system (The full system won't be available till after demo)
How to reach me in case I don't come onto this thread.

• Freewebs.com/deathdoorway
  • Go on Warcraft to channel Clan MMU
  • Whisper Deathdoorwa0 on Warcraft
  • Leave me a PM
Systems

This ORPG will include some really cool systems.

Hide/Warning system - Thinks of this Like a cop/robber thing. You do something that goes against a rule and if the rule broken was on the top then you need to run away n hide. Heres a better understanding
Rule 1 - Thou shall not steal from another peasant.
Rule 2 - Thou shall not push another one.
Rule 3 - Thou shall not consult with the enemy.
Rule 4 - Do not wish to harm any of your guild or peasants.
Rule 5 - In enemy towns don't run fast to draw attention
Rule 6 - Do not cause war on the guild*this rule wont be active till later version. I need to set up other towns n guilds*

I'm not gonna spoil other rules but now ill give you some punishments.
Punishment 1 - If you are caught while stealing, You must pay for the item current value.
Punishment 2 - If you cause harm to another then You shall be inflicted with as much pain as u cause him*warning this is based on % of damage cause by you n the victim*
Punishment 3 - If you consult with the enemy You will be banished.

There are aton more punishments but like i said lets not spoil the game. Now to hide will be different depending on which Rule you broke.
Hiding 1 - Hiding in hay
Hiding 2 - Leaving town
Hiding 3 - Blending in

This is pretty basic. The Creep revives based on where they were preset. I'm looking to improve this alot.

Instead of the normal system where you instantly revive you are found in a hospital where you get treated for your injures and takes times to get to full. *this is a beta idea*

there is two parts to this. One if how you obtain abilitys and the other is how you cast them.
Obtaining abilitys: The way I'm trying to set it up is each town has a trainer that teaches abilitys and as you get to stronger towns the better abilitys you could learn. Now I'm trying to set it up as you can basically create your own hero with i say 7 abilitys. You level the abilitys up by spending your points at the trainer.
Casting them: I believe I would make every spell Cost mana and strength. By strength I mean you will get a bar of Strength that allows you to cast spells but decreases it as you cast. If your bar hits 0 then basically you cant cast. Also as the bar goes down the damage the spell does goes down as you don't have the strength to keep going. So lets say the spell true damage is 100. After 4 cast the damage will be 42. After 7 the damage is 0 As your bar is 0 too. Now You could go over the bar a little bit but if lets say your bar goes over -25 then your strength wont come back for 2 days. If your strength go over -50 then your hero will die. If your strength go over -100 then you will never be able to cast spells again.(I know its extreme but I may take out later. Now as you do - damage you will hurt yourself by how much you should have damage them.

This goes for dungeon n creeps dying. For Dungeon you will get a Random Rare item depending on what dungeon you complete. Creeps will Drops tons of random items variety from furs to gold to weapons. But to make it more realistic it has to be be like what they wearing or holding. If they wearing armor you get a chance of dropping it.

Basically you just rest up for a day. I tried to recreate a realistic sleeping looking so you'll be shocked at it. Also this heals your Assassin to 100%

I set this up for noobs that have no life and cant kill anything. In the first town their is a dummy you can attack that will give you exp per attack.

This is a place where you can home your skills in everything against a AI. They will auto attack or defend them self against u. You can't kill the comp but win the challenge if any

Basically you could talk to any Person in the game. Not players but any AI could talk. That could be from peasants to priest to leaders. I'm trying to make it where after you complete quests or in a quest they will do a different talk.

*based this off the game Assassin Creed* In the quest you use your smarts and skills of an assassin to find info. Basically You can listen in to convos, Beat up people for info, or ask around for info.

Pictures
Screenshot-2.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

Screenshot3-1.jpg

Ideas for Future

Idea #1. Since some quest have defending and find where traitors are to deal with them I'm thinking about adding a good and evil assassin.
Idea #2. In the near future ill figure out a way to work into there either being a citizen doing average things or be assassin or change ranks and being one day leader of assassins.
Idea #3. This is a real beta idea that idk if it will be worked into the map but building jumping and climbing. I was experimenting on it to see if its possible but failed. Jumping was working to a degree but climbing was almost impossible.
Idea #4. Maybe an item system to limit gear like helm,robes/armor,bracers and so on.
Idea #5..............................
Idea #6..............................
Idea #7..............................
Idea #8..............................
Idea #9..............................

For ideas #5-9 I'm taking people suggestions and looking into the map for ideas. This means if you post any idea ill put them up so plz post away.

Credits

Creator = Deathdoorwa0
People who helped = My clan Clan MMU and all my friends
Models = Castle set, Training dummy, Tower, Bed, trees

Last edited:
Level 12
You need to work on the terrain a lot more.

And don't forget to make sure the game gets really boring after the first 15 minutes of playing it.

Level 10
This orpg is somewhat like assassin creed the game but more of a warcraft version. I doubt it will be boring after 15 min. My friends love the leap skill i added mostly cuz its bugging out and they love to glitch it. Anyway i got to update terrain pictures with new ones cuz its something i should have done. Could you give me some ideas tho for the map, spells to add, or system blah blah nlah blah lol

Level 10
as of right now the leap is very beta. Im not gonna release the leap in beta due to the fact of the glitching it has. It was working on jumping on building and i was working on leaping as realistic. It just aint that perfect yet lol. Does anyone have any ideas for this map?

Level 2
I think I may have a wall climbing solution for you. I'll screw around with W.E and i'll let you know.

Level 10
As of right now the map is lost. All my work is out the door. Anyway.... im hopefully gettin my map back but all the triggers will be in jass. I got the important models n terrian. All i need someone to do is go over and make itmore enhanced

Last edited:
Level 9
I have 2 questions

1) Is it a 1v1 system or free for all.
2) You could add a Mining system, there are Plenty of them on Hive or you could make one. But the downside is Mining doesn't really seem like Assassin Creed.

Level 10
lol its not 1v1. its a 5 player game as of right now. Its gonna be expanded for 10 when most of the triggers are done. Im figuring on starting this project up again soon. A guy cant be out for soo long.
For the mining Idea thats a little bit extreme lol. Idk why would an assassin need to mine stuff. Its a cool idea but wont work out for my map really.

Level 13
Heres a Idea for you if you want it
Seeing how its going to be a multi player map
1 Assassin
Rest of the players are Templars

Level 8
The problem with your terrain is that you use ashevale canopy's which look magical in the middle of a dirty field. Change the tree's and make the terrain more bumpy with the raise tool.

Level 8
Hi.
I played Assassins Creed in real on my PC.
You should use a custom model for this map. Like Medievh (how does he spell..?) take away his staff, change the color of clothes, remove the skinhair...and attach the current choosed weapon on him. Something like that. you should make it very free, like stealing traders, people, guards etc.
Quest could be not just "Kill him!" there maybe should be quest like in real A.C.
Add a ability to killl somebody with the hidden blade, this takes some time.
So, if a unit (hero, assassin) stay near to a guard for maybe 6 seconds, the guard goes angry because he think someone try to kill him.
Yeah something like that :) make more cities and villages, the kingdom, add famos ppl too :)
Use A.C. abilities etc.
Go on and make it to what its name should be for us!

~Nurga

Level 10
lol thanks nurga for ur input. Just to tell you everything you said have or will be inputed into the game. As far as the demo goes most of everything u speak of will be in there. For the model... I have one but its pretty crappy. Im hoping to have sum1 make me 1 cuz if not im gonna be forced to create one and i no nothing of modeling. For ability wise its a whole new game since the game doesnt have much for spells or anything really. its more of a combat game

Level 8
43berries, thats not really a good post. It´s like i would just tell to something of you "Birdshit." It has no meaning so let it be and post something better.

@deathdoorway: You have to think about a story (maybe you can just take the one of the original AC) So the players are novice assassins, some quests are connected with Altair, the Main-Char in the original game. You should add some specific abilities, like the murdering, stealing etc.

I hope i can test the map soon :)

Level 10
wow guys way to blow up my thread. Please berry leave my map alone. Ive been putback into production over 5 different times due to viruses n having to start over. plus i havnt posted modern pictures and info in 1 month. Ive been homing my skills over this month. Im not a pro terrian modeler so the terrian will look crappy. Whole my whole map will come to look nice just need time. It is MY FIRST MAP. why dont we look at urs if it wasnt blocked out.

Btw About the storyline i figured wait til the end cuz Im running through my school finals n testing these 2-3 weeks so ill be busy to do that. Im almost done with the hero in the demo and about to start working more on systems than anything else. Ill be having a testing day on June 28 for hero testing, ideas, and rating. To sign up just comment the thread or message me. As of right now im only allowing 4 people to test

Level 10
First of all, your map lacks aesthetics, which is the use of the right dodads and tileset mixed in together to please the eyes. Bad use of trees, never, NEVER use wc3 trees, they're just plain ugly, always import ingame texture trees. Also, if I would terrain your map, I would get rid of those silly wc3 cliffs and work with raising and lowering the terrain according. Moreover, barries would be created by creating natural moutain ranges or walls with a good use of custom pathing blockers and line of sight blockers. Your choice of buildings is terrible, if I was to terrain too, I would also use naboo structures. There would be a lot more I would do, but I don't want to spill it all out if you're not going to take my help.

Level 10
Well i was just using the crappy models for demo to wait til the first release date to actually terrian the town. I just figured out how to make the castle looks soo realistic. About the cliffs im not a pro moutain raise n lower. Trees have all been imported i just used those for the heck of it.

Most of all i would love to have you help me terrian my map cuz im badly needed on for the best for the map. I sadly cant terrian and im more suited to triggering.

Level 7
Get rid of blizz cliffs/trees, use better tilevariation, import rock/trees/shrubs from the ultimate terraining map and read ~void~'s tutorial on natural environments (teaches you hot make good cliffs/plateaus) aswell as hernanG's forest terrain tutorial. Also check out his helms deep to learn how to make cool castles.

Level 10
im not into the whole terrianing thing. im looking for a terrianing partner cuz i have no time to do terrian if im doing massive triggering on this map

But yes i have started to use different trees and stuff not from blizzard and i have been reading void i didnt know the other one for castles i guess ill look at that one too

thanks for the input tho lol need to stop editing

Status
Not open for further replies.