1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WiP: TKoK - oRPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Vexen.X, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    TKoK - RPG - v2.0 Beta Demo

TKoK - The Kingdom of Kaliron 2.0!

NEW VERSION: 2.00 Demo - 10/17/07
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Download (Don't forget to vote as well!)
    http://tkok.freeforums.org

This is the next generation of the TKoK Eastern Region map, It is based around the 1.06 version but has had so many things added in term of game mechanics we had to make it a 2.00.
    New features includes:

-A new substat system consisting of 5 substats that effect your main stats. Through substats you can increase your spell damage, dodge rating, critical chance, attack rating and more.
    -A new item system originally created by Toadcop that allows up to 16 items equipped on your hero as well as sockets and set bonuses.
    -Terrain and environment alterations to make the map more open and allow for smoother routes.
    -The game is totally rescaled to start off at a much lower level, allowing for much easier scaling later on. (this is mainly the reason we release this demo so we can get the game balanced again)
    -Difficulty can now be selected by host on start-up, The difficulty enables players to play against harder opponents in return for better rewards, drops, experience and gold.
    -A lot of under the hood improvements to go along with the new substats system

If you still want to enjoy the currently bigger map in the old 1.06c you can download it at http://war3.incgamers.com/maps.php?id=10624
    But understand that all further releases will be made for 2.00> and wont have a loading code compatible with old 1.06 codes.

We would love it if you report any bugs or errors you find at our official forum at
    http://tkok.freeforums.org/

Only one more thing to add
    Enjoy the map

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  2. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  3. PheoniX_VII

PheoniX_VII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We have updated the website with the current bugs/fixes for the next version.
    Thanks to all of you who sent in bugreports, we are looking to have the 1.04 version out quite soon.

4. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Seems intresting, best of luck with the project from here guys.

5. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Updated the main thread with more useful information about the map so people can get an idea of what is really is.

Any feedback, bug reports, etc, can either be posted here, or you can email me at vexenx@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance!

6. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty nice terrain there... most rpgs I play don't even try to make it look good at all. Haven't played it yet and I doubt I will get to it for a while, but dtill looks nice.

7. PheoniX_VII

PheoniX_VII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It looks better ingame. try it :)

8. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    released v1.04.

http://www.treklabel.com/tkok for the patch notes.

A lot of new content as well as bug fixes and improvements

feed back and bug submissions are welcomed

9. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I will spread this map once its a full version :D

10. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    1.04b is now out fixing alot of little things, nothing major was found

btw, this is kinda a "full version" for it will take 3-1/2 hours to complete all of the content for people who are new and need to explore everything and dont know how to just blitz through everything

11. Deckboy

Deckboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm loving it. . .although might I suggest a trigger or something that makes it a little bit easier for just one person. . .it takes forever to level up to a place where I won't die if I'm being attacked by more than one person.

12. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    changes in the 1.05 patch I am working on will include a new seperate spawn rate limiter for when there is 1 player but please keep in mind, I designed this map for bnet play.

Potions are also gettin reworked to cost less, heal more, and have a smaller cooldown, healing fountains are being applied to certain areas as well

some of the newer classes that are comming out with 1.05 will be better at soloing than others, such as the Hunter (has a pet that can tank) and the chaotic mage which is a cross between the diablo2 necromancer and the WoW warlock

13. Deckboy

Deckboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually I thought the spawn rate was really slow. The problem was/is that I just couldn't get enough experience.

And, yes, I do realize that it was designed for Bnet play. But I'd love to play this and have FUN on singleplayer.

I think this is a great map. One of the best wc3 RPGs I've ever played. For once it pretty decent terrain. Good systems for quests etc. . .If you were to make it easy in single player I would be leaning towards anywhere between a 8/10 and a 10/10 depending on how the rest of it goes.

14. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    the reason for the new spawn limiter is to have a higher spawn rate, but just ignore the spawn function if X units are already in the zone, based on the # of players. I'm also going to rework how the spawn locations are selected, right now its pure random, but I'm gonna work it so it grabs a location somewhat close to the hero, there are alot of times where units spawn and path to the despawn without any heroes being around.

With these changes i hope not to get a situation where creeps spawn too slowly and the map winds up empty. Should be able to correct these issues in the next patch

--- EDIT ---
    Now that i think about it.. I'm very happy with the way the spawn system works when there is 3-6 players. So maybe I should just add a seperate function to handle it when there are 1-2 players that is totally seperate from the main system.

Thoughts?

15. Deckboy

Deckboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I actually think that that is a perfect idea!

16. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is what is going in place of the current black alpha-ed out ugliness of a UI that is currently in there

www.treklabel.com/tkok/images/newUIHero.jpg

Screen shot also features the new chaotic mage hero, more detailed info about him here: Link

17. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Released the new version containing all 12 heroes, tons of new items, a brand new scripted boss fight to provide a unique challenge, countless fixes and improvements, and other stuff

18. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    w00t it's finally out! Awesome update man. +rep for the commitment, hard work, and the new version actually being helpful and awesome!
    Great job!
    ~Craka_J

19. PheoniX_VII

PheoniX_VII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1.05b is now released which fixes some problems with the Twins aswell as some fatal flaws when loading(or trying to) certain heroes.

20. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tried to load my level 24 Warrior but it said all 1.04 characters will not work. What happened to the whole "We won't code swipe for a while" conspiracey?