• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Covenant of Assassins ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Map Name
Covenant of Assassin ORPG

Map Desciption
This map started off as a different rpg but i decided for the best interested of everyone i wont be doing assassin orpg. Instead this rpg will be more life like based and a whole range of new ideas that should shed light onto the rpg community. Like every rpg this map will have tons of abilitys you get, tons of heroes, items, dungeons, creep, difficulty and a lot more new surprises. In the beta version coming out soon I will a test run of atleast 5 heros with only 5 abilitys each and increase them as new versions come out. In future versions I'm hoping to have an Item System where whatever items you are wearing is what the assassin will look like. Gives more customization which I'm basically wanted this to be. I trying a new system for quests which allows you to repeat them but will get harder based on level of your hero. Some quest maybe only available to run once or a couple of times but you'll still have the ability to redo alot of others. In all I wanted this game to be customizable by the players them self. You can customize your spell set, looks, etc.

Help Required
Terrianer(I cant do towns but forests I'm ok with or anything help)
Trigger helper(this means someone who could help check over my work and/or create some since i only know GUI)
Testers(need tons of them)
Idea person(Sometime people have better ideas than me)

Things done and things that need to be done
Done List

Town #1 *redid almost everything and expanded it*
Balanced guards
House system (Gonna be improved after Demo)
Special Talk system (Gonna be redone after Demo)
Sleep System
Training Dummy (May need to be revamp)
Redone Aton of terrain (I edited mostly city but in creep areas their should be more hills and doodads to make it more realistic you judge.)[will redo again after demo cause I don't like it for some reason]
Item drop system (Will be improved after demo)
Hero revive system (Maybe improved after demo)
7 items
3 creep areas (I will be redoing this and improving it after demo)

Need to be Done
Finish the 1-4 basic heros
21 Spells
Save/Load System (I don't think I want this for my demo tho)
Total 30 Items
Total 6 Quest(I wont do for demo)
Arena Area system (I wont do for demo)
Random Flags (I wont do for demo)
1 more Cities (I wont do for demo)
Ability system (I wont do for demo)
4 hero balanced
18 custom skills
1 Dungeon
Dungeon loot room
Dungeon creeps and boss
Hide/Warning system (The full system won't be available till after demo)

How to reach me in case I don't come onto this thread.

Freewebs.com/deathdoorway
Go on Warcraft to channel Clan MMU
Whisper Deathdoorwa0 on Warcraft
Leave me a PM

Systems

This ORPG will include some really cool systems.
Systems
Hide/Warning system - Thinks of this Like a cop/robber thing. You do something that goes against a rule and if the rule broken was on the top then you need to run away n hide. Heres a better understanding
Rule 1 - Thou shall not steal from another peasant.
Rule 2 - Thou shall not push another one.
Rule 3 - Thou shall not consult with the enemy.
Rule 4 - Do not wish to harm any of your guild or peasants.
Rule 5 - In enemy towns don't run fast to draw attention
Rule 6 - Do not cause war on the guild*this rule wont be active till later version. I need to set up other towns n guilds*

I'm not gonna spoil other rules but now ill give you some punishments.
Punishment 1 - If you are caught while stealing, You must pay for the item current value.
Punishment 2 - If you cause harm to another then You shall be inflicted with as much pain as u cause him*warning this is based on % of damage cause by you n the victim*
Punishment 3 - If you consult with the enemy You will be banished.

There are aton more punishments but like i said lets not spoil the game. Now to hide will be different depending on which Rule you broke.
Hiding 1 - Hiding in hay
Hiding 2 - Leaving town
Hiding 3 - Blending in

This is pretty basic. The Creep revives based on where they were preset. I'm looking to improve this alot.

Instead of the normal system where you instantly revive you are found in a hospital where you get treated for your injures and takes times to get to full. *this is a beta idea*

there is two parts to this. One if how you obtain abilitys and the other is how you cast them.
Obtaining abilitys: The way I'm trying to set it up is each town has a trainer that teaches abilitys and as you get to stronger towns the better abilitys you could learn. Now I'm trying to set it up as you can basically create your own hero with i say 7 abilitys. You level the abilitys up by spending your points at the trainer.
Casting them: I believe I would make every spell Cost mana and strength. By strength I mean you will get a bar of Strength that allows you to cast spells but decreases it as you cast. If your bar hits 0 then basically you cant cast. Also as the bar goes down the damage the spell does goes down as you don't have the strength to keep going. So lets say the spell true damage is 100. After 4 cast the damage will be 42. After 7 the damage is 0 As your bar is 0 too. Now You could go over the bar a little bit but if lets say your bar goes over -25 then your strength wont come back for 2 days. If your strength go over -50 then your hero will die. If your strength go over -100 then you will never be able to cast spells again.(I know its extreme but I may take out later. Now as you do - damage you will hurt yourself by how much you should have damage them.

This goes for dungeon and creeps dying. For Dungeon you will get a Random item, may it be from normal to rare to mega rare, depending on what dungeon you complete. Creeps will drops tons of random items variety from furs, gold, weapons, armor, crafting items, etc. To make it more realistic it has to be be like what they wearing or holding. If they wearing armor you get a chance of dropping it. *the last sentence will be after beta due to running into space problems soon nor want this map to be huge fro beta*

Basically you just rest up for a day. I tried to recreate a realistic sleeping looking so you'll be shocked at it. Also this heals your Assassin to 100%. At first you go to the Inn person and in the future at your house. Next you click the icon "Sleep" and you will walk over to your bed and fall asleep for a the night and wake refreshed.

I set this up for the new people who dont know exactly how to gain exp. In the first town there is a dummy you can attack that will give you low exp per attack. Later in the game i wish to add a trainer who will help increase stats, abilitys, items, challenge, quest, or just for fun dueling. This will go with the arena system ive build into the game. This is a place where you can home your skills in everything against a AI. They will ahem self auto attack or defend against u. You can't kill the comp but win the challenge

Basically you could talk to any person in the game. Not players but any AI could talk. That could be from peasants to priest to leaders. I'm trying to make it where after you complete quests or in a quest they will do a different talk. Along with talking will come a rep system which will allow you to talk to more people, get info you need on quest, items, the game, or just to talk. Like i said this game will be like non other.

In the quests you use your smarts and skills of an assassin to find info. Basically You can listen in to conversation, beat up people for info, or ask around for info. Quest will give a certain edge.

Ideas for Future
Idea #1. Mode in the game where new features, systems, bosses, and better creep will come into play depending on mode
Idea #2. In the near future ill figure out a way to work into there either being a citizen doing average things or be assassin or change ranks and being one day leader of assassins.
Idea #3. This is a real beta idea that idk if it will be worked into the map but building jumping and climbing. I was experimenting on it to see if its possible but failed. Jumping was working to a degree but climbing was almost impossible.
Idea #4. Maybe an item system to limit gear like helm,robes/armor,bracers and so on.
Idea #5. rep system
Idea #6. Building climbing where you can scale, jump or build house.
Idea #7. Music system beta.
Idea #8..............................
Idea #9..............................

For ideas #8-9 I'm taking people suggestions and looking into the map for ideas. This means if you post any idea ill put them up so plz post away.

Credits
When game is release I will post everyone name for models but for now I'm rushing to finish this map so sorry I dont credit you asap.

Creator = Deathdoorwa0
People who helped = My clan Clan MMU and all my friends
Models = Castle set, Training dummy, Tower, Bed, trees, Spell models.

Last edited:
Level 2
Yes, this is pretty interesting idea, as many other projects were and are. But problem is in making. You'll need to do some hard working to actually finish this project completely. I know many interesting projects which were abandoned and I hope this will not be one of them.

PS. No offense, but spelling "abilitys" is wrong. Correct spelling is abilities.

~Revan

Status
Not open for further replies.