• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Against the Plague RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Under-Construction.png

Current Version
Next Version Status
BETA 0.08
Download
██████████ 20%

Version BETA 0.09 (2011-12-05)

Add stats and combat systems
Item system
Item set System
Warrior Basic Spell
System Checkup and optimization

Next version features status
Planned
Started but not finish
Finished features
MapDescription.png
Against the Plague is a dungeon oriented multiplayer RPG. The players will be put in constant action and suspense. With a strong storyline and a developed lore AtP will be like a book, each chapter will bring more informations about the world and the culture. As a group of mercenaries hired by The Freedmen the players will live the beginning of a new threat and try to protect all free race. You will encounter some important characters who will help you to defeat the new enemy, but remember do you really know them? If you can fight the enemies, find the clues and survive to all those perils you are able to find the truth about the Plague. Will you accept the weight to save the world?

[r]
Information.png

[r]

Custom Combat System New combat system include the chance to miss, parry, dodge or block an attack. All damage are calculated with the stats.
Custom Attack/Armor typeEach attack type are stronger versus some armor type and weaker versus other. Each class have different attack and armor type, it's allow a class to have an advantage versus some enemy and disadvantage versus another. Attack/Armor table here
Custom Stats In addition to Strength, Agility and Intelligence AtP will feature some custom stats as Physical power, Spell power, Healing power, Physical Critical chance, Spell critical chance, Parry Rating, Block Rating, Block Value, Dodge Rating, Spell Resistance, Armor Penetration, Spell Penetration, Resilience, Expertise and Hit Rating.
Creeps Respawn System
Party System
Inventory System
Custom Xp system
Hero Selection system
Damage Detection
In/Out of Combat System

NOT ALL THE INFORMATIONS BELOW ARE UP TO DATE

Party System
It's show the other players heroes' icons under the icon of your hero. It's pretty useful for healer.

Items

A Hero is not allowed to wear more than one weapon, one armor, one helm, etc. There is different quality of item
Item quality
Junk
Common
Rare
Epic
Legendary
The efficiency depends of the quality. Junk item are not equipable(see below for more information). Some items are class required, that mean that the player need to be a certain class for wear this item.

Items Set
Some items are part of a Set, a complete Set give bonus to his owner. Bonus could be, but are not limited to: stats, attack speed, movement speed, Heal/Spell/Physical Power/CritChance/CritMultiplier. Each class have their own Set but there is also Set that anyone can Wear.

Junk Items
The items with gray name are junk, they are useless in a certain sense cause you can't wear them, but if you pick them you can later sell them to a Junk Trader. They don't appear in the inventory but if you use the command -junk you can see how many items you have and the total value of these items. Just find an Junk Trader and you will receive money in exchange of these junk. You can bring a limited amount of junk with you, having a full junk bag will not allow you to take more junks and will automatically drop it. The capacity of the junk bag is determined with the level of the hero.

Enterable Buildings
A lot of building will be enterable. Guilds, shops, tavern and blacksmith are a part of the building that will be enterable. Inside the buildings you will found Quests, items vendor and other special things.

Multiple Class
There will be 8 class available . Each class will have its own strong and weakness. There is a list of feature each class will have

• 4 custom spell that are affected by hero stats and Power
  • 1 Ultimate that will require to finish a Quest for acquire it
  • 2 Talents trainers that will allow you to customize and chose you own path with you hero, each trainer will teach 6 talents (5 passive and the last one active)
  • Item Set, Tier 1 to 6 and 2 other Set depending of the specialization choose
  • Class Quests

Quests
The Quests are one of the most important part of the project. The Quests are individual, it's mean that you can take a Quests, make the objectives and finish it without any kind of effect on other players. They are separate in 7 type
Quest type
Main Quest
Repeatable Quests
Optional Quests
Class Quests
Guild Quests
Faction Quests
Profession Quests

Main Quest: This is the principal Quests line, it's follow the history and make the game advance. The Main Quests can have Sub-Quests.
Repeatable Quests: This type of Quests are not very hard and can be repeated. Once finished a Quests will be available at midday or midnight. Every time you complete this type of Quests is will be longer to repeat it(for example the first time you have to kill 5 wolves, the second time you will have to kill 8 wolves, etc)
Optional Quests; They are harder Quests that are not required for the Main Quests line but they give better reward.
Class Quests: Class Quest are only available for one class. They give good reward like item especially made for the class.
Guild Quests: Same thing that Class Quests but for all members of a certain Guild.
Faction Quests: Faction Quests require a good reputation with the faction giver, they are generally mission against the other faction.
Profession Quests: This Kind of Quests will give aces to a new dimension of each professions. They will greatly increase the utility of them and also will be very generous in reward.

Reputation can be gained by killing certain enemy or by doing Quests. The reputation can be gained for three faction(The Keep, The Orcish Rebellion and The Great Crusade). A better reputation give access to new Quests and events with this faction, a Reputation under 0 make the Factions considering you as an enemy.

Guilds
The Guilds are where you can meet your Class Master and your Trainer. Each Guild also has a Guild Master that can give you Quests. You can also find some shop especially made for your class here.

Professions
Players will be able to learn a profession. Each profession will allow the player to harvest or create some useful items. Each action that the profession will allow the player to do will give a certain amount of Xp, after reaching the next level of the profession the player will be able to return to the Profession Master and upgrade his profession.
Planned Profession
Mining
Smiting
Herbalist
Alchemy
Treasure Hunting
Crafting
Probably some other
Go to the top
[r]

History.png
[r]

The Freedmen
DESCRIPTION

The Empire
DESCRIPTION

The Faithless
DESCRIPTION

The Nightblade Brigands
DESCRIPTION

The Church of Redemption
DESCRIPTION

The Great Crusade
DESCRIPTION

The Orchish Legion
DESCRIPTION

Click for large version
[r]

Class.png
[r]
Class/RaceHumanElfOrc
WarriorCrusader
icons_7798_btn.jpg
N/A
x.jpg
Berserker
icons_6597_btn.jpg
PriestRedeemer
icons_11839_btn.jpg
Inquisitor
icons_7413_btn.jpg
N/A
x.jpg
PaladinTemplar
icons_2513_btn.jpg
Vindicator
icons_9395_btn.jpg
N/A
x.jpg
RogueThief
icons_11707_btn.jpg
N/A
x.jpg
Executer
icons_2237_btn.jpg
ElementalistN/A
x.jpg
Arcanist
icons_5710_btn.jpg
Shaman
icons_12012_btn.jpg
WardenN/A
x.jpg
Ranger
icons_5634_btn.jpg
Scout
icons_6602_btn.jpg

[r]
Screenshots.png
[r]
This is just some example, because the terrain is far from being finish these screenshots are not the better.
In conception

More screenshots coming soon
[r]
Credit.png
[r]
Models
takakenji
Mr. Bob
Nasrudin
xXm0rpH3usXx
Ampharos_222
Tranquil
Pyramidhe@d
Forgotten_Warlord

Icons
AL0NE
67chrome
Stanakin Skywalker
Pyramidhe@d
Anachron
Coinblin
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Elainiel

Systems
Paladon
Dangerb0y
-Kobas-

Help
Pharaoh_
maddeem
chobibo
PurplePoot
Baintastic
Adiktuz
Wolfe

Thanks to Testers
De.Facto
Blindman
maddeem

If you found something made by you, or anyone else, that I don't credit for his work please send me a message I will add this person to the list.
BETA 0.05
-Initial release. Not all features are included/finished
BETA 0.06
News Stuffs
-Quests: Main Quest #1, 2 subquests(one isn't totally finished)
-Terrain: Veteran's house
Fixed/Changed/Finished Stuffs
-Reduce Berserker Damage
-Increase Priestess Damage and armor
-Increase Priestess Base Healing Power
-Temporary unable Repick system
-Reduce the bonus damage of certain attack type versus certain defence type
-Now damages are show only locally, it's mean that each player see only the damage he deal and he take.
BETA 0.07
News Stuffs
-Buffs icons
-Add Hotkey (Q) to the Talk action
-Quests: Optional Quest #1
-Add a shop for some items
-Items on ground are now cleared after 45 seconds
-Fixed bug that allow any class to equip Necromancer's Items
-Some grammar error corrected (I will need help with this)
-Some minor bugs fixed
-Correct the Attack/Armor tooltips
-fix the value of Attack/Armor table, Mail armor no longer take only 35% damage from slice(it's fix the problem I have with balancing the berserker).
-Reduce life/damages of creeps
-Change the NPC guarding the entrance because they sometime block the way
-Change some pathing blocker for line of sight blocker
-Quests: Change a little bit the Requirement of Veteran isn't to Old quest
-NPC Interaction: The Optional Quest #1 is now require for receive Clues from the Old Prophet
-Fixe a bug that make the Veteran's helm impossible to drop is we already have found the Veteran's Sword.
-Upgraded the Items system for support buying item.
-Reduce the number of wolves
BETA 0.08
News Stuffs
-Area: The Hills
-Mobs: Heuos garrison(lvl 4-8)
-Class: Rogue
-Optional Quests: Clean the Land
-System: Backpack
-System: Save/Load
-Quest: Change The Prophet quest
-Bug fix: In/Out of Combat system fixed.
-Better proper names for released class
-Some minor leaks removed
-Reduce cost of Prophet Clues
-Talk/Prophet Clue/Sell Junk now have a 1 second cooldown
-Improved dialogs with some NPC
-Spell/grammar check up
-Terrain: Lots of minor/medium changes.
-Reward from quests (xp and gold) are now only be visible by the player who receive them
BETA 0.09
System Checkup and optimization

Go to the top
Official support banner: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24237039/AtP10.jpg

Attachments

• -opt AtP BETA0.08.w3x
    2.5 MB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Level 6
Races
HumanINFO
ElfINFO
OrcINFO

Class
Warrior:
-Crusader
-Berserker
Priest:
-Redeemer
-Inquisitor
Paladin:
-Templar
-Vindicator
Rogue:
-Thief
-Executer
Elementalist:
-Arcanist
-Shaman
Warden:
-Ranger
-Scout

Attack/Armor Table
Armor/AttackUnarmoredClothLeatherMailPlate

Slice
115%105%100%100%95%

Bash
115%100%95%100%105

Magic
115%95%100%105%95%

Projectile
115%110%100%95%90%

Last edited:
Level 11
Review » Pluses and Minuses

checkmark-green.gif
» Custom attack and armortypes

checkmark-green.gif
» Every system seem to work (outofcombat/incombat; xpgain; displaydamage; enteringhouse)

checkmark-green.gif
» Average terrain, no use of cliffs

checkmark-green.gif
» Herochoose-system

sort_arrow_red.png
» No description / additional information

sort_arrow_red.png
» No custom preview/loadscreen/user interface/command buttons

sort_arrow_red.png
» Missing leveldesign

sort_arrow_red.png
» Camera should be attached to the hero

sort_arrow_red.png
» Linear gameplay

sort_arrow_red.png
» Missing uniqueness

Review » Numeric conclusion

Creative Level Design: -/30
Unique Ideas: -/20
Defined Artistic Style: -/20
Lore: -/10
Gameplay: -/20

Summary: -/100

I won't give any ratings yet.
Review » Worth Reading

First of all, your project presentation looks quite good. Maybe you can exchange the text-information (Features, History, Information ect) with pictures as well.

With Against the Plague you've picked a complex map-genre. I think you know that, but you have to add some more content - sure you will, it's still a very early version.
I found one quest: Kill 10 critters. That's ok, but please - don't clone that mediocre-quests from World of WarCraft.

Furthermore you need a lore - better: a dynamic lore. A good start, and a good ending which has replayability-value overall.
The player don't like to solve well known quests or riddles. I'm sure, that you are able to create something unique.

I still miss something unique in your concept.
So far so good, don't take this review too serious, it's still an early beta of your project.

I might even give you some ideas with the terrain if you want.
Just write a pm if you're interested.

Trust your gut, and don't fall in love with your first idea.

Last edited:
Level 6
First thing, thanks for the feedback.

sort_arrow_red.png
» No description / additional information

sort_arrow_red.png
» No custom preview/loadscreen/user interface/command buttons
It think it's too early in development stage for take time for the custom preview and loading screen, but it's will probably come.

sort_arrow_red.png
» Missing leveldesign
I don't really understand this.

sort_arrow_red.png
» Linear gameplay
With only 2 class playable and 1 quest I know it's look linear but it's the first release.

sort_arrow_red.png
» Missing uniqueness
It's become hard to create something unique, but I can always try and give all for achieve this.

Maybe you can exchange the text-information (Features, History, Information ect) with pictures as well.
Thanks for the idea, I'll try to add some picture for make the overview of the project more easy to understand.

I found one quest: Kill 10 critters. That's ok, but please - don't clone that mediocre-quests from World of WarCraft.
The quest in this version is only a kind of template I've create for test all feature about quest, I don't know if you played in multiplayer but the quest isn't share with all player. This quest is also a repeatable quest, so each time you make it the quest become harder(it's only kill more enemy for this quests).

Furthermore you need a lore - better: a dynamic lore.
A big part of the lore is already written, in French, I'm translating it during my break time.

The player don't like to solve well known quests or riddles. I'm sure, that you are able to create something unique.
The coming quest will be more unique than clasic kill # mob or collect # item.

Thanks again for your review

Version BETA0.06 Changelog
-New Quests: Main Quest #1, 2 subquests(one isn't totaly finished)
-Reduce Berserker Damage
-Increase Priestress Damage and armor
-Increase Priestress Base Healing Power
-Temporary unable Repick system
-Reduce the bonus damage of certain attack type versus certain defense type
-Now damages are show only localy, it's mean that each player see only the damage he deal and he take.
-New Building: Veteran's house

Version BETA0.06 Now Attached to first post

Last edited:
Level 5
Sounds really intresting and promising.

I like the idea! Cant wait on the screenshots and beta!

Keep on working, i think this can turn out very well actually!

Level 6
Thanks all for testing and supporting me.
If you have any ideas, questions or problem just post it here I'll answer as fast as I can.

Check the Changelog for know what will come with the next version.

Level 19
Level 6
The Inquisitor is planned to be more a kind of Mage/Priest than a Paladin. But thanks for the help those model could be good for the Templar. I just switch you idea for the Inquisitor and Templar model and is more what I want. But everything is subject to change, I will check more for the model when I will release these class.

Level 6
I don't want to take too much decision about the Inquisitor for the moment cause it's the last class I planned to develop, but any ideas are welcome.

Level 19
Oh then ill give you some ideas about the other classes. And here they go:
1. Priestress - Use sorceress model. More of a supporting class, good for healing allies.
2. Rogue - Youve got the model already, so high agility, low strength. Most spells sould be quick ones.
3. Necromancer - Necromancer model, then spells are more likely those summoning ones. High int.
4. Crusader - Maybe use the Garithos model with the horse or without or the knight model. Spells are those which deal damage.
5. Shaman - Use Shaman model. Can cast abilities which rely on elements. Such as Earth, Wind, Fire, Lightning and etc.
6. Templar - Healing class but a boy. Just like the priestess but more complicated to use.
7. Inquisitor - Already told you. Spells could be those like the spell breaker which disables them.

I didnt include berserker since youre done with it. I think so. Also add some class difficulties. Maybe like Berserker - Easy, Templar - Hard, Crusader - Meduim, Inquisitor - Expert.

This map looks extremely promising, though there are a few this I'd like to point out.
The wolves... There are to many xD

The heroes could use better models (some normal warcraft 3 models actually might be better ;p), such as the rogue. Idk how your storyline is, but if it doesn't include dwarfs then I think the rogue model should be changed.

Restricted areas (class only) I don't think you should have this, but rather restrict the things they can do in those areas.

Number of abilities. (Only 4-5? :( I hope they're good lol)

It seems to be an overall good rpg, I like the classes (not the models).

Combat system, I like this for a few reasons: Very few games have this, it is really nice instead of running to a fountain half the game ^^ and it adds a deeper complexity to any map.

Terrian is much better than the average rpg, which is good :)

Keep up the good work, and I hope to see this leave the beta stage ^^

Level 6
Thanks for review
The wolves... There are to many xD
Fixed in next version, I will also try to find something better for the mouvement

The heroes could use better models (some normal warcraft 3 models actually might be better ;p), such as the rogue. Idk how your storyline is, but if it doesn't include dwarfs then I think the rogue model should be changed.
The Dwarven are included in the lore(it in translation for the moment sorry for this but it's comming) for the model they are always subject to change, I willl take more time for this when I will release each class.

Restricted areas (class only) I don't think you should have this, but rather restrict the things they can do in those areas.
It's for the upcomming Guild, there will be other area restricted to some class.

Number of abilities. (Only 4-5? :( I hope they're good lol)
Each class start with 4 spell, 1 will be gained with a class quest and a second with talents.

All suggestion are welcome are very appreciate.

Version BETA0.07 Changelog
-Buffs icons added
-Fixed bug that allow any class to equip Necromancer's Items
-Some grammar error corrected (I will need help with this)
-Some minor bugs fixed
-Correct the Attack/Armor tooltips
-Add Hotkey to the Talk (Q) action and for the Selection System
-fix the value of Attack/Armor table, Mail armor no longer take only 35% damage from slice(it's fix the problem I have with balancing the berserker).
-Reduce life/damages of creeps
-Change the NPC guarding the entrance because they sometime block the way
-Change some pathing blocker for line of sight blocker
-Quests: Optional Quest #1 added
-Quests: Change a little bit the Requirement of Veteran isn't to Old quest
-NPC Interaction: The Optional Quest #1 is now requiere for receive Clues from the Old Prophet
-Fixe a bug that make the Veteran's helm impossible to drop is we already have found the Veteran's Sword.
-Add a shop for some items
-Upgraded the Items system for support buying item.
-Items on ground are now cleared after 45 seconds
-Reduce the number of wolves

Version BETA0.07 Now Attached to first post

Last edited:
Nice job releasing the new beta, testing it now.

Ok to begin with, the out of combat system is a bit whacky... As in the text shows up more than once at times.

You need to add more items (preferably items that arent class related)

You have a good amount of wolves now ^^

You need to do a major spell/grammar check

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Level 6
Thanks again for testing

the out of combat system is a bit whacky... As in the text shows up more than once at times.
Fixe in BETA0.08

You need to add more items (preferably items that arent class related)
I will add some every time I release a new version.

You need to do a major spell/grammar check
I really know I have some problem with this, English isn't my primary language but I put a lot of effort in this. If you found error can you report it me, it's will be very appreciate.

The map is small.
I've only release the areas where is something to do, the rest of the map is in development and each new area will be release when quests will need them.
Is this a campaign?
No it's a multiplayer RPG.

In the Hero Selection System, maybe change the names of the heroes there to their real name not stuff like Granis Darkhammer.
Heroes will receive their proper name during the BETA stage, not at a particular moment but when I will take time(and have good idea) for this.

Just a question: Do you think it's a good idea to release a new version every week with less news stuff or it's could be better to add a lot of stuff in each version?

Level 6
Yeah but it's not an enemy, it's better than GUI but it's harder. I think I will probably recruit someone to help me with this. For the moment I'm doing it myself.

The next version will probably take more time to finish cause the amount of thing I will add is much more than the previous version and the end of school before summer is coming, it's mean a lot of big project, lot of homework and no time to sleep, so my project will probably be in Stand By or the production speed will reduce a lot.

Thanks for following the progress, If you have idea or feedback, or you found bug in the already released version just post it here I will continue to work the concept and answer any question.

Level 6
If you can test the already released BETA(check at first post) and give me a general feedback about it I will be very happy.

Level 6
Check the First post in the NEWS box what is coming, green thing are done, yellow are in progress and other are not started

Level 6
The only person who officially is in the development team (except the testers) is a friends who is currently working on writing and translating the lore of Against the Plague and help me to test my map in multiplayers.

Level 6
For the moment I prefer developing it by myself, but if I need help I will ask. For the moment the better help I can receive is good (not in the sens OMG its awsome all perfect, but more constructive) feedback about anything I posted here or I release in the current Demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.