• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New: Magi Clash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok so heres the skinny on the map (Less vague description below):
-It's called Magi Clash
-It's an AoS/RPG/BS (Battle Ship) style map
-There are 2 sides: Life vs. Death
-Gem and Gold Currency
-There are 12 Magi Classes
-3 Quests per class
-Well over 100 items, with Item=Weapon style of attack and Recipe style items
-Balanced 212x154 terrain with Lakes, Mountains, Forests, etc.
-8 Spells per class
-Shops, Discounts, and Secret Shops
-6 Different ships per side
-6 Different spawns per side with tower style spawning
-Recipe style items
-Voting system
-Normal, Ram vs. Gate, Questless, and No Spawns modes

Magi%20Clash%20Skyview.JPG

Magi Clash v. 1.0 Beta
A classic battle between the good and evil covens. This time its the Magi who fight to be the last coven casting.
This version will NOT have:
-Voting system
-Modes
-All ships
-Level 2 and 3 quests
-Tower system
-Recipe Items
-Discounts

This is so the first version can be released quicker and basic bugs can be determined.

AoS/RPG/BS Style Play
AoS- Is like ToB: 2 sides sending spawns down paths to the enemy with outposts along the way. Players are 1 main character; their "Hero".
RPG- Concentrates on developing your "Hero" by completing Quests and furthering the story.
BS- The Items are the weapons, retrieve things to gain Exp and Gold (Quests)

Life vs. Death
Each side has a side specific magi class: Life for Life and Death for Death.
Death is on the left side of the map and Life is on the right.

Gem and Gold Currency
Items and Towers will cost you gold, but most Quests and Magi Classes cost at least in part: Gems.
Gold- Is gotten through killing, selling, and quests.
Gems- Is gotten by a fixed amount at the beginning and through quests.

12 Magi Classes
First off everyone starts with the basic Magi that has the 4 basic spells. Once you have completed the level 1 Quest for a Highmagi of the class you want you can become that Magi Class of hero (Costs Gems). Each Magi Class has an additional 4 spells besides the 4 basic spells.
In addition to the Life and Death specific classes there are 10 others:
Earth, Flam, Water, Sky, Frozen, Nature, Poison, Blood, Storm, and Time.
Each has different skins, spells, quests, and discounts.

Quests
There are 3 quests per class to complete; that is 33 quests per side. All quests are yet to be determined, but when they are I will post them.

Items
The items are set into 3 types: Buffs, Weapons, and Summons.
Buffs- Gives yourself or another unit a positive or negative effect.
Weapons- The basis of the BS style play, they are the main source of damaging.
Summons- Items that allow you to summon a creature for a time, not specifically but by level. eg. Summon Creature I, allows the summon of a random level one creature.
Some of the stronger items can only be gotten through combining the appropriate items, I call these "Recipe Items". I will not tell anyone the recipes for the more advanced Recipe Items, but the less advanced will be in-game and I will post them here.

Terrain
Is 212x154 but holds different geological areas. These areas are mainly used to give a variety of places for combat and quests. There are 3 spawn lanes, each has 1 outposts per side, with the exception of the extended top lane that has 2 per side.

Spells
The damage is focused through the items to spells use effects like slow, invisability, blink, etc. The ability to have 8 spells per hero is from a trigger known as "8heroskills". But since there may not be room in for them all it might be switched from a max of 80 levels to a max of 70 or 60. All Magi Class spells are not yet finalized.
Basic Spells are:
-Mana Shield (same as always)
-Magic Life (increases hp total)
-Fire Bolt (small direct damage)
-Study (increases Int)

Shops, Discounts, and Secret Shops
Shops- Arcmages Tower, Vault of Tombs, and Marketplace are the basic shops. They sell most items at normal cost.
Discounts- The Class Highmagi also sell items, but they relate to their class and have a discount. discounts are only given to those of their class.
Secret Shops- They are all over the map and are used for quests.

Ships
There are 6 different ships per side: fishing, defender, attacker, and the advanced of each. There is the harbor master which sells things for ships. ships cannot move without the players Hero aboard it.

Spawns
There are melee, creature melee, ranged, creature ranged, siege, and monster classed spawns. Siege and monster spawns are only made through building the appropriate tower. The units for these spawns are not yet decided.

Voting and Modes
A majority rules style voting system will allow a choice between Normal, Ram vs. Gate, Questless, and No Spawns modes.
Normal- Basic play, no gates with quests and spawns.
Ram vs. Gate- Creates gates at the main base that can only be killed by the Imbued Ram.
Questless- Strategy is out and so are discounts, but you can be any Magi Class without doing the quests. Gems are gotten through finding them in the caves while you do NOT start with any. There are no gates and rams.
No Spawns- Rely's on items! Summons are the best in this style of play. No gates and rams.

So there you have it! Basically I want to see if people will help with the following:
1. Make spells for classes (no damage spells, less you tell me and I ok it)
2. Think up some quests
3. Think of Ship names since Sked doesn't want me using the BS names.
4. Develope the triggers (i am not good at those)
5. Think up Spawn units and names.

Thank you to:
-Sked for inspiring me
-F-Zero_Racer for his ideas

also can discuss at http://www.terrorsthreshold.com/f/viewtopic.php?t=1487 and http://tidesofblood.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=583

Status
Not open for further replies.