1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Aeon of War

Submitted by MoCo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
LATEST VERSION: 1.03

Change log

v1.03
- some minor fixes and balancing adjustments

v1.02
- significant improvements on hero balance
- big item re-design
- AI update: computer heroes now buy some basic equipment
- many cosmetic changes and terrain improvements
- heroes now have a fixed amount of mana since spells are not becoming more expensive at higher levels
- added minimap symbols for shops
- increased life regeneration speed at fountains
- tower strength slightly decreased
- various code tweaks
- various small adjustments
- added weather effects

v1.00
- some little adjustments and polish
v0.99
- it is no longer possible to build towers very near to strategic points
- some small adjustments (necromancer nerfed)
v0.98
- fixed a bug with the tauren druid bear form
- re-added fountains in bases
- decreased mage frost bolt damage
v0.97b
- fixed a critical bug that made it impossible for the light blue player to choose a hero in non-fullhouse games
v0.97
- Added a random score screen at game end
- added formulas to spell descriptions
- new model for horde rogue, new skin for human necro
- hitpoints of towers slightly increased
- various small fixes and adjustments
v0.96:
- significantly improved hero balance; heroes now scale 100% symmetrically
- capture points re-arranged (one at each lane)
- honor system improved: honor is now given to all nearby allies and for many events
- added new items
- all heroes are now able to attack creeps & air units
- Added a path that connects top and middle lane
- Added abilitiy preloading to improve performance/avoid first spell usage lag
- critters no longer block other units
- fixed a bug that leaving players were not been taken over by AI
- added standard of war
- various other small fixes and adjustments
v0.95: Many terrain improvements, a new Hero: Ancient protector, many new items, respawnable creeps, various changes/improvements on heroes and many other small adjustments.
v0.94: Various changes/improvements on terrain, balance, heroes, items and such.
v0.93: Another greater update. 2 new heroes: Paladin (exclusively available for alliance) and Shaman (Horde side only). The goblin mage has been exchanged by an Ogre mage. Some other small changes and updates.
v0.92: This is a huge update: new terrain and one new hero: the Necromancer
v0.91: Small huntress adjustments
v0.9: Huge Huntress update/finish: completed spells, 3 pets to choose from, pet behaviour feels more natural now
v0.87: fixed a crucial bug, that allowed players to get more than one hero, rogue: fixed a bug, that normal attacks out of stealth didn't always do critical damage
v0.86: just some little changes and bugfixes, some terrain changes

MAP DESCRIPTION
This map offers fast paced AoS gameplay on a high level of quality introducing many new features. The heroes are mostly inspired by WoW and are equipped with characteristic spells and abilities making each of them a unique playing experience. Due to a custom damage system, the power of spells/abilities infinitely scales with the hero's attributes and anything from normal attacks to spells may crit. Moreover, the map provides a honor system, a tactical capture point system, decent AI/bots, various items (some with special scripted effects), many new graphics and FX, no hidden imbanesses and carefully balanced heroes. Everything is fully written in vjass and works in a trim performance. The map is meant to provide a reasonable alternative to the usual dota styled AoS maps - give it a try!

SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

DAMAGE, SPELL AND ITEM SYSTEM
The power of spells and abilities scales with your hero's attributes and everything can crit: normal attacks, abilities and spells. Accordinlgy, items may increase attributes, but may also directly affect spell/ability power, crit chances, etc.

HEROES
The hero pool contains classic heroes inspired by WoW and some new ones. The choice of spells is meant to recreate the characteristic playing experience of these hero classes. Most of the heroes have at least 6 spells/abilities which increases tactical depth and options compared to the usual 4 spells. Most abilities and spells have small cooldowns so you are able to frequently use them. Therefore, most heroes require a considerable amount of micro management to be played efficiently. However, there are also some heroes requiring less micro which makes them a good choice for more relaxed casual players. Finally, the hero design enables a considerable focus on teamplay. Since the number of identical heroes is not restricted, there are countless different team-combinations.

The map features the following heroes: Warrior, Mage, Priest, Druid, Rogue, Huntress, Necromancer, Paladin, Shaman, Ancient Protector.

CAPTURE POINT GAMEPLAY
The capture point system creates additional strategic depth in the game. Captured points give your team additional gold every few seconds. Gold is exclusively used as a pro-team resource that you can spend on base and troop upgrades or reinforcements.

HONOR SYSTEM
Your hero receives honor for many relevant actions like PvP, creeping, capturing strategic points, destroying enemy structures, killing enemies and heroes or healing/buffing your allies. Honor is your personal resource for hero powerup and you can spend it to buy powerful items.

BOTS AND AI
The map features AI. Of course it won't compete with real human players but it still may provide a decent challenge. You can fill up player slots with computer players as you like to get a full house everytime you want. Personally, I love playing in LAN with friends and usually it's hard to get together 10 people. Therefore, it turned out to be a nice feature to add some computer buddies.

CREDITS (systems, custom gfx, etc.) to:
Darkwulfv (XP system), Vexorian (Table, TimerUtils, IndieSummons), Rising Dusk (GroupUtils,IntuitiveBuffSystem, IntuitiveDamageSystem), grim001 (AutoIndex, AbilityPreload), Anitarf (Stack), The_Witcher (Shield System), Earth-Fury (UnitMaxState), Callahan (Angy Trunk model), Crazyrussion (Command Buttons), Dan van Ohllus (fx art), JetFangInferno (fx art), Nasrudin (tauren druid model), Red XIII (WCII orc tower model), shamanyouranus (fx art, totem models), sPy (fx art), Szythe (fx art), takakenji (Ogre mage model), Tarrasque (Pandaren ninja model), Uncle Fester (Troll hunter model), WILL THE ALMIGHTY (fx art).[/hidden]

Last but not least, thanks to the Hive Workshop for being an awesome site!

HAVE FUN PLAYING AND FEEL FREE TO REPORT ANY FEEDBACK - IT IS APPRECIATED. THANKS! :)

Keywords:
AoS, WoW, war, epic, crit, capture, defense, offense, dota, AI, bots
Contents

Aeon of War (Map)

Reviews
15:00, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: [img][c] Date: 2011/Oct/01 22:31:43 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 5/5 Highly Recommended Rep Received: 5[c]Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions...
  1. Cweener

Cweener

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Approvable.

2. Kiamati

Kiamati

Resources:
    Resources:
    I quite liked your campaing, but I think there is one thing that really doesn't work in the solo mode. You AI-controlled allies don't buy any resource although they have a lot of money. The result is that you need to "claim gold" all time to actually do something, upgrading the tier, troops' equipment and so on. Maybe it's be easier to simply give you the income automatically.
    There is another thing I didn't really understand. Why do your allies get THAT much money compared to you? I must be missing something.
    I'll wait until I get a reply before rating the map because I liked it.

3. Dresira

Dresira

Resources:
    Resources:
    I noticed the horde Advanced Death Tower and Advanced Boulder Tower both cost 60 honor, which looks to me like a bug.

Overall an excellent map, I love how the spells and abilities scale.

4. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Where did you get the Druid model from? :(

5. MoCo

MoCo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    New version coming soon

Hello everyone. Took me some time but I've got back to further work on this project and finish it. I hope in times of SC2 there are still some people around who care about WC3..

@Kiamati: You are right. The AI could use further work so that they buy items and such. This is on my list.

@Dresira: The honor/lumber cost of towers a bug. Thanks for pointing out; will be fixed.

@spasorc: The druid model was made by Nasrudin. Don't know wheather it is still available anywhere.

Right now I'm currently working on a large upgrade containing completely improved terrain, new items, some changes on the heores and many other improvements. I hope there are still some people here that might want to playtest soon.

6. Chizume

Chizume

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Glad to have you back! This is the only AoS in wc3 that I fancy.

7. Evil seal

Evil seal

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Once I made a map with the exactly same name (never finished)... any way, nice map :) The terrain is awsome!

8. MoCo

MoCo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hey... I've just put up a new version with some changes and improvements. However, the map still neds further polish. Any feedback is very appreciated and I'm still looking for good ideas. :)

I've thought about adding a third, neutral creep party to the game. Maybe a demonic gate at the top left corner of the map that spawns demonic troops. Therefore, both teams have to increase their defense at this front. They may destroy the demonic gate or not. This would enrich the gameplay depth with a front with 3 parties fighting each other.

Further, I would like to increase tactical depth in general. Right now, PvP has a very strong impact on the outcame of the game. However, I would like to add more strategics. There is some strategy already in choosing the upgrades to buy first. But I think there should be something more.. Maybe a possibility to build special buildings, that spawn particular troops or something.. Maybe someone has another idea?!

Best regards

9. Kl3sk

Kl3sk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh my sweet monkey-fucking GOD! I think this is the type of map that deserves 5 stars all-around. I'll make sure to review this soon!

10. MoCo

MoCo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hi Kl3sk, thanks for the kind words. Let me know if you have any suggestions in mind for further improvements.
    I'm looking forward your review.

11. Kl3sk

Kl3sk

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm scared MoCo, scared that this map will haunt me for an endless amount of time after playing it a second time. Why ? My first time I played Necromancer and I fell in love with the landscapes, full-skill-sets, glory / honor points, basically everything that made this beta what it is right now. If I want to review it that means I have to play it again, which by terms of awesomeness this map will tempt me to divide by 0 *gasp*.

12. MoCo

MoCo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hehe.. you made my day ;) Thanks.
    Concerning the review, you may want to wait a few days longer (let's say 2 or 3 days) because I'm currently working on a large update. Especially in terms of terrain and layout.

13. Kl3sk

Kl3sk

Resources:
    Resources:
    You mean...there's a step beyond perfection ?!

Joke aside, I think it really is wise to tweak the terrain and paths a bit. As far as I'm concerned, the 3 lanes were too straightforward when trying to "juke". In similar AoS' like Tides of Blood and later on DotA, you'd have your 3 lanes, river, "secret" shops, and many different ways of getting to these desired locations, whilst here it's either up or down. The environment however is impeccable and I have no objections here. I can't wait to see what you have in store 8D !

14. Chizume

Chizume

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My favorite used to be Huntress but I played some Druid and realized the utility he brings to the table and he has now taken a clear first place in my heart, so to speak.

I'm happily waiting for that large update of yours.

Also it would be cool if we could play this full house, beta test or whatever you'd call it. I could probably gather 2-6 devoted players including myself.

15. Kl3sk

Kl3sk

Resources:
    Resources:
    NO U! Imma Beta test this baby, got dat ?!

[​IMG]

16. MoCo

MoCo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hey Chizume, a full house playtest sounds like a very good idea. Especially, with some chosen players who take time to carefully play through. Since I'm on holidays now I got enough time. Gonna work on the update tomorrow! Thanks again for your support.

17. Chizume

Chizume

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey again, just dropped by to say two things.

1. When abilities such as Rejuvenation and Fan of Knives (multi target damage) critically hits they deal the same critical damage to all targets. This makes Rejuvenation more of a gambling tool (if it crits I can tank all things, if not; its meh) and it makes Fan of Knives look a bit odd. This is more of personal preference than actual bug report I guess.

2. The Mage's Frost Bolt can target buildings, at least the standard towers and final boss building. Not sure if intentional but if it is its op to Q crit a building ever 2 sec or so!

Happy map-making!

18. Kl3sk

Kl3sk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Updates! , Updates!...where are the sexy UPDATES?!

19. MoCo

MoCo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Work in progress... expect a new update tonight or tomorrow.

20. MoCo

MoCo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There we go! New version 0.95 is a bigger update and improves the map in many aspects!

@Kl3sk: You may start with the review now. :)