• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's Aeon Of Strife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Aeon of Strife is a Starcraft map that paved the way for the development of DotA and League of Legends. Hence the game-type of these games are referred to as "AoS".
(I checked that on a Starcraft wiki :>)

"Aeon of Strife had 3 players and 1 computer on each side. There were 3 lanes, horizontal and parallel. In each lane there would be checkpoints and units spawning from each base. " - that's the basic description of what AoS really is.
The goal is to push these lanes until you destroy the main objective in the enemy base.
here's a video that will answer any questions left unanswered :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnQfdSEqGDA
Hope this answered your queries :)

Level 11
Yeah, it's a custom map for Starcraft titled "Aeon of Strife". It inspired "Eul" to make "DotA: All-Stars" in Warcraft 3, passed it to "Guinsoo" then finally to the current developer "IceFrog". An epic guy likes playing this map, his name is "Karassu".
Guinsoo contributed to the AoS type game called "League of Legends" as a game designer.
Now, these games are categorized as "MOBA" (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena).

Last edited:
Level 11
@Mythic, Lol, the massive was just a mistake. I edited it. About the name, just a single capital letter man.
@JustinBieber, actually the game "Heroes of Storm" was meant to be "Blizzard DotA", but because Valve already used the name "DotA", Blizzard can't anymore.
@ShadowShaman, Yeah Really!

Level 9
Talking about AoS, I wish we could bring those maps like EotA Twilight or some good quality maps to the professional MOBA competitions. That would be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.