• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is Hero Arena?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
What is the difference between a Aeon of Strife and Hero Arena? Does a Hero Arena have no mobs/forces that attack, buildings and creeps? Is it just a fight between heroes? I don't know if it is like a arena literally or the terrain can be like Aeon of Strife?

Level 11
A hero arena,i think it is more like a map where players can each chose a hero,and then fight themselves in an arena like terrain,they can fight each for their own,or in teams.
And the map is most of times in small to medium sizes,with a portion of the map used for choosing heroes,like in the Warchasers map,but other methods can be used as well,and the battle portion of the map,which is like a box,like an arena,how those are made,also depends on the imagination of the creator,i saw some arenas being in fact islands surrounded by water.
And yes,it has buildings,but neutral ones where you buy items but about the creeps,well there are no creeps or mobs to attack,this would turn the map more into a Hero Defence,where players in a team has to defend a building or something with their heroes from incomming creeps.
Hope i helped you :p

Level 30
a Hero Arena is a game were you go straight in the fight with other player's heroes and win, with acceptable teams. plus their are systems were you guys fight each other on a 1v1 challenge.

while on Aeon of Strife, its more based on tactics rather than just go kill something won't do, It can either be a solo or a team play, you guys can simply be an offensive or defensive type of players when it comes to this. and AOS always has two faction unit forces fighting each other.

Level 12
Could a AoS work without player's buildings? Would that ruin a AoS and make it unbalanced? The AoS i am making is a dungeon and there are no buildings in dungeons.
To defeat the other player in AoS, buildings of enemies need to be destroyed.
In my AoS, I thought I could replace the buildings with 2 bosses, so when the boss of enemy is killed, the player who killed the boss wins.

Level 6
as long as creeps are spawning i do not see a prob in this

you just replace headquarters whith a boss (and maybe towers whith stroger units)
as long there are predefined creep paths it is an AoS
(for Example even Defense of the Armchairs is a Aos, whith just 1 lane + spawns and no tower)

Last edited:
Level 11
Could a AoS work without player's buildings? Would that ruin a AoS and make it unbalanced? The AoS i am making is a dungeon and there are no buildings in dungeons.
To defeat the other player in AoS, buildings of enemies need to be destroyed.
In my AoS, I thought I could replace the buildings with 2 bosses, so when the boss of enemy is killed, the player who killed the boss wins.

this could be awesome,as it would be an entirely new concept of AoS

Status
Not open for further replies.