• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Addictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im addicted to... Root Beer
People complain about me drinking to much of it and im now famous/infamous for my love for it. I drink about 1-2 a day... But sometimes i take a break.
I also like Choco Milk, tastes like yum.

Level 24
In all seriousness, there is an enormous difference between an addiction and merely liking something a huge amount. Addictions are for things that are not necessary, and create physical withdrawal symptoms when not satisfied.

In all seriousness, there is an enormous difference between an addiction and merely liking something a huge amount. Addictions are for things that are not necessary, and create physical withdrawal symptoms when not satisfied.

physical withdrawal symptoms? does checking for ice cubes or orange/grape/apple juice in the freezer every 30 minutes count? even though i know that they are not there because i just ate the last batch of ice cubes but i keep on checking just to make sure...
...gosh, now i think of it, i must be crazy.

Level 1
Well lets see....
1) Cigarettes.. prolly the stupidest addiction I have seriously never smoke one if you haven't b4.
2) Pot... Not so much addicted to it as a dick with out it.
3) Monster Energy Drinks... I seriously don't think I could live without these lil bastards.
4) World Editor.. I sometimes devote all my time after work for weeks working on a map to get it just right and I can't stop till it is just right. I think I need help for this more than any other addiction I have.:grin:

Level 36
I am addicted to those things (in no particular order):

1. Vomit
2. Kneecaps
3. Baboon boogers
4. Dinkle-berries
5. Flab fungus
6. Panties and bras
7. Love
8. Hemorrhoids
9. Your mom
10. Toe fungus
11. Nostril nuggets
12. Internet explorer hacks
13. Preordered sea-weed salad
14. Hangnails

I am apalled that Internet Explorer Hacks did not rank higher.

Well brad, it it 'cause I've hacked it before:
LIEKINTERNETEXPLORERHAX.jpg

See, no longer interesting at all...

Level 9
I am addicted to:

Sugar
Caffine
Mountain Dew
Teh interwebs
Computaz
Staying awake
Staring at my computer monitor
Going into a deep non-mental state based purely upon reflexes when playing fps's

Level 24
Physical withdrawal symptoms like shaking, vomiting, perhaps vision impairments. Certainly, unprovoked irritability. Checking for more every half hour even though you know there isn't more does not count.

Level 45
Physical withdrawal symptoms like shaking, vomiting, perhaps vision impairments. Certainly, unprovoked irritability. Checking for more every half hour even though you know there isn't more does not count.

I agree and if you have real addictions post them, if you have spam, stop breaking the sites rules and wasting peoples time.

The things I use to be addicted to were self harm, but I'm far past that now. My brother is also addicted to gambling and ...he has lost alot......

Level 19
I agree and if you have real addictions post them, if you have spam, stop breaking the sites rules and wasting peoples time.

The things I use to be addicted to were self harm, but I'm far past that now. My brother is also addicted to gambling and ...he has lost alot......

lawl dang =/

i used 2 be addicted to Oranges no joke i used to eat like 5+ a day

Level 8
I have a friend addicted to caffeine. He tried getting off it and endure weeks of migraines, sweaty palms and the shakes. I think it was too much for him and he went back to it. I'm not too sure because I haven't seen him in ages. When we were at school together, he tried to give up a couple of times and had all the symptoms of withdrawl.

robot-dude, when you were addicted to oranges, and tried to quit, did you have withdrawl? If you have another orange, do you need more? You consider 5+ an addiction?

I don't mean to be rude but I don't think it is possible to get addicted to food. Perhaps you have a psychological addiction to the action of eating oranges.

Gambling is a so bad. Even with tokens, like at Time Zone, it can be bad. It is like a deep guilty dread fall over you and you have to make your money back. It feels almost primal and is so uncomfortable...

On a lighter note there are differences between habit, like and addiction and we should observe ourselves a little more so that we understand whihc we have.

Level 45
Thats not a addiction...

You just were down n depressed everyone self harms their self...

I self harm my own back to release pain. Due to sometimes my back hurts.

Do your research before saying shit.

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/answers2/frontend.php/question?qid=20070505094818AAAil4P

http://www.uncommonforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2834

http://www.crpsib.com/whatissi.asp#addictive

Is self-injury addictive?

Most self-injury researchers agree that self-injury does show some addictive qualities and may serve as a form of self-medication for some individuals. In our recent research with college students, a significant number of individuals who practice self-injury report having a difficult time controlling their urge to self-injure and interviews conducted for several of the studies associated with this project shows that many self-injurers describe both the immediate effect and overall practice as something with addictive properties. For example, many interviewees talk about moments of feeling the strong need to injure even when there is no obvious trigger and about having "self-injury free" hours or days. They also liken it to other drugs and talk about needing increasingly more or deeper injuries to feel the same effect. Recognition of the addictive properties of self-injury for some individuals is the basis for the "addiction hypothesis" noted by Grossman and Siever (2001) and summarized by Walsh (2005). The addiction theory suggest that self-injurious acts may solicit involvement of the endogenous opioid system (EOS) which regulates both pain perception and levels of endogenous endorphins which occur as a result of injury (Winchel & Stanley, 1991). Overestimation of the EOS can then lead to actual withdrawal symptoms which in turn lead to more self-injurious behavior.

Last edited:
Level 19

Yes but you can't always belive what you read on the internet.

Werewulf i was just saying maybe you didint have a addiction you just felt down n depressed and self-harmed your self to release the pain.

But i don't know you that well so i can't actually back up my statement so before you go and flame someone about researching think of the comment and who it is aimmed at.

Now Lets Clean up this thread due to no one really has any addictions unless its drugs, Alcohol, Tabaco.

Thats my Opinion really.

Because i could easy just sit here and just self-harm my self and say its a religious thing or i'm addicted to pain n suffering since i can't harm people i might as well harm my self.

Level 19
Thats my Opinion really.

May i say please Read ???

Yes You might of spent through therapy who hasent or should of gone to therapy ??

i would say in my own opinion again before you start taking words out of phrase.

Probably about 50/50 of the population have had the chance or have been to therapy.

Now Lets Lock and Move This Thread Due to its just going off topic to spam.

Yes But some people do overreact to minor things.

Self-Harm isint really that much of a problem unless its leading to the point of nearly killing their selfs.

And its effecting their life.

Level 45
I dont give a shit how many people have gone to therapy, my life was in fucking ruins and you come here and say your ignorant and insensitive opinion. Dont rag on other peoples REAL addictions and learn some respect before saying more shit. Honestly, I had better expectations from you, but clearly I was wrong, you have no knowledge on anything.

Level 19
I dont give a shit how many people have gone to therapy, my life was in fucking ruins and you come here and say your ignorant and insensitive opinion. Dont rag on other peoples REAL addictions and learn some respect before saying more shit. Honestly, I had better expectations from you, but clearly I was wrong, you have no knowledge on anything.

You may be right. But just to aware you that i have good n bad days and this one of my bad days where i take my pain out on people.

Level 12
I spent ages through therapy and counseling to deal with my addiction to self harm and you just barge in and say "hey, everyone does it, you are overreacting",know your facts and dont assume before starting shit.

Sorry but i dont get it...Did you feel an urge to stab yourself,or hate yourself...?

Ive never experienced anything like that,so its hard for me to assume anything.
I do have a crapload of addictions tho.

My tip to everyone is:

Dont smoke
Dont gamble
Dont consume energy drinks
Dont be lazy

My life is pretty much going to waste cause of these things.

Level 8
Self harm is a sensitive subject and should be treated as such. It is used by different people in different ways.

Honestly, I understand why people do it. There are many reasons but I will not list any of them because if you haven't been in a situation where you feel you have to you it is hard to empathise.

Level 21
I can feel the flames from this already but I think people that self harm are emotionally weak and let small problems in their lives take command in stupid ways. Everyone I know who has been self harming has had retard excuses like "omg that boy doesn't like me *cry*, my life is over" and ive actually said to them that there are people out there who are you age who have cancer or aids or horrible disfigurements and you hate yourself coz some dick doesn't like you??? If those guys can man up and live a half decent life at can't you? Your having rltrouble at school then do something about it! Tell a teacher you are being bullied, get some god damn social skill or go home get a knife and go to work on your arm, your choice. Ive had plenty of physical and emotional hard ship but ive still always maintained that self harming is for people who dont have the mental strength to get over problems, usually less than mine, and sort their lives out.

self harm doesnt always come from being depressed or emotionaly weak. self harm could be also hurting yourself for pleasure. when i was a little kid, i used to bite my own arm (no blood) real hard and take pleasure from that.(shit i sound slaneesh!!!)
same reason i take bloody hot showers nowdays.
the biting phase lasted until i found that it was more pleasurable inflicting
pain on someone else. altho i sometimes do it now and then.

i know this is probably not what werewulf was saying and i am glad werewulf is past self harm. i just wanted to comment on self harm and my own version of it.

Level 25
You may be right. But just to aware you that i have good n bad days and this one of my bad days where i take my pain out on people.

You in a bad mood?

I have to moderate this website, including jerks like you who have mannerisms that would make a bloody wolverine blush

Closing for temporary purging, seeing as having an actual discussion here seems to be impossible when so many of you immature brats storm in and turn it into a godsdamned flame war

Status
Not open for further replies.