• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] ''DotA - mode or addiction? A lot of teenagers spend their time in front of their compu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
''DotA - mode or addiction?

A lot of teenagers spend their time in front of their computers to play what is considered one of the most popular games in Romania.It's time for children to be super heroes?

Defense of the Ancients or DotA is played for some years and gained a massive number of ''adepts''.In fact the game represents a scenario based on the game called Warcraft III:The Frozen Throne , the goal is that of conquering your enemy camp and more precise,to destroy their monument guarded by towers.

How is it played?

There are two teams,each situated in the other corner of the map,these teams can be composed of many heroes until a team of 5.These heroes can have an affiliation to one of the two races.The hero is the primal ''Tool'' of your control,with him you must destroy your enemy camp.There are also creeps that are the main resistance of each team,they are controlled by AI(Artificial Inteligence).They support you to achieve your goal.

Since it's a RPG (Role Play Game) it gives you the possibility to level your hero and gain powerfull tools known as items.They raise your strength ,agility and inteligence which are a primary stat of your hero.

These things cost some money,so you have to destroy some enemy's.There are a lot of heroes ,each has its own Ace and Power.You must adapt your hero to the evolution of the game,but according to your evolving enemy,which can be more powerfull than you.

Dota creates addiction

Since all the teenagers play DotA,a lot of forums treat DotA as a database of tutorials,to teach you how to evolve your hero,how to be more powerfull and how to overcome your enemy.If you are interested in new versions,you can easily download it.

But there are some forums that treat DotA as a joke,for example there is a forum that has a ''77 ways to figure out that you are a DotA freak''.Personally ,I didnt saw DotA as addictive or dangerous,thats cause I look beyond the circle.

But regarding jokes,there are some kids that spend even 12 hours per day with DotA and thats a problem''

Translate from Romanian to English,personally DotA is a threat .I play it ,but only 2 or 3 matches and I get borred.So what do you consider DotA?

Danger ,Addiction or Fun and Joy.

Attachments

• 586.jpg
    586.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 45
Level 23
I would say to everyone who is adicted to it: First, Admit that you are adicted, if you don't admit, you also won't stop, second, find a girlfriend, yes there are even girls that like total geeks some think it's cute if I'm right, third, try to find a job, becouse you don't want to get cought living with your mother untill you are 40 years old, and last but not least, Search a life.

As for me, I played dota once, got bored and quit playing it.

Level 27
Its just a one of the most famous (not greatest, not best) Warcraft 3 maps that some way hipnotizes people, esspecially 12 year old Romanians, so they would play only it...

There is no such thing as computer game addiction, even Dota doesn't cause addiction...

Dota is like a Popular singer: nice ass, can't sing but everyone loves it. Memes...

Status
Not open for further replies.