• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a new chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Not what I was expecting. lol

*Rainshadow sighed. "You don't do this often, do you?" Rainshadow stood up against the counter (like dogs do when they jump at you with happiness or want to see something in your arms, like a new kitten. lol). "I'm sorry. My friend here doesn't seem to understand taverns. We'd like a room please. How much?" The tavern owner was a little surprised at the talking wolf. Her intimidating size, the fact that she could understand what they say and speak their language, the common wolf instinct of hunting anything that looks weak, all made the tavern owner scared. He ran through the room nombers and came up with a price. "40 a night." said the tavern owner. (normally, it's 20. XD)
"40? That's insane. Do you often change the price? Or is it because I'm a wolf?" Rainshadow snarled as she said this. The tavern owner backed up to the wall and tossed the key to the room to the archonling. That was the only responce they got from him.*

Level 8
40 what, exactly? Gold? I just need to now the prices and how strong is the currency. Otherwise some things could turn up weird :D (Like, my toothpick costs more then you're unique magic sword of awesomeness :D) I'd also like to note that, in the middle ages, you could buy a house for 6 gold :D

Level 10
true. I say we use the WOW currency. lol I ignored the type of currency, figuring that someone else would come up ith it. In this case, it'd be silver. A pickaxe would only be worth about 10 bronze, depending on the type and whether it is magical, and condition. lol also, a toothpick is just a sharpened stick. You could find that anywhere and it's value is 0. lol

Level 12
While the Knights were continuing their construction, Gabriel observed the sword. He recognized the sword as incapable of proper combat any longer, as it was too worn. But he also confirmed that it still contained a wealth of arcane energy and that the sword had powered the elementals for quite some time. It was an object of interest and Gabriel decided the Holy Knights inquisitors to manipulate its arcane energies; they were more adept in so. Gabriel watched as the construction went underway in great progress, planning the next moves his Knights would take. Wisps of arcane energies lit the entire forest up, creating an eerie effect with the fog in the area, which was clearing rapidly. The forest was dark and quiet at this point and the only lights were from the Knights and the wisps, where only the sounds of construction ringed across the forest.

Level 5
"yes i live not far from here" nick says pointing over his shoulder "but i have only heard of this happening but i havent seen it myself before"

*A pair of hands Grab Nick and drag him away from the girl* Move away citizen, *says one of the Zealots holding Nick, to the girl*
Girl: *sigh and a facepalm*
Zealot: *to Nick* Now you will come with us, boy, to be brought into the Order of the Archon. Struggling is useless and will only earn you a punishment.
Other Zealot: *winks at Nick* You'll talk to your girl later.. XD
Soo.. there we go, grabbed XD and about the girl was a funny idea ;3
yeah.. until we arrive in citadel they'll be "deaf" to you

Level 10
*Rainshadow followed sonya into the room. The room was somewhat clean. A few stains on the wooden floor, a couple dried blood spots, obviously meaning that there was a fight in there, clean sheets and pillows. Brown curtains covering the open window, and a closet to the left. The air had an odd stale smell, probably from the stains, or maybe the dust. The wolf looked around the room, not wanting to explore further. "This room isn't too pretty." She said. Rainshadow tested the bed and found that it was somewhat soft. she removed her paw and moved on to the window to look outside and smell the cleane air.* I hope sonya puts in her opinion of the room. lol

Level 23
*It was growing dark, and the army has reached their destination. But the sandstorm was too thick. With mages erecting barriers for the armies, they would take shifts sleeping and holding the shield up, and the sand at bay. The soldiers would sleep. Kalek, however, remained outside of the shield, and wrapped his wings around himself, setting himself to sleep in a sitting position. They would wait till daybreak to begin. Hopefully, the sandstorm would have died down by then.*

Level 5
"how much longer i am getting bored of all this walking" says nick "are you sure you have thee right person?"

Level 13
The skeleton the composed one walked towards K, " We're sorry in advance, But, We have to do this. " The calm skeleton said as he raised his right hand and his middle and index finger and pressed it tightly onto K's forehead, It lasted for 2 more seconds as he drew blood from the tight press of his sharp bony fingers on K's forehead. The skeleton withdrew his hand and drew a strange rune on K's forehead using his blood. He pressed his thumb onto his forehead again this time, In the middle of the rune, As the thump pressed the rune.

Level 13
Outside K's mind

A large explosion suddenly engulfed K as his eyes suddenly opened. The explosion destroyed almost every object around him with the exception of the people around him. K dropped to the ground as the priest withdrew his hands from the young boy, K landed with a thud to the ground.

Level 10
ken, you need to fix your post. You said that it destroyed everything was destroyed. That's basically how it went please refraine from doing that. :p

*Rainshadow turned around as Sonya followed her to the window. "I'd say murder. Maybe from someone he knew. It smells about a week old. maybe two. I wish they'd do a better job of cleaning." Rainshadow said, examining the odd being. She looked young, and Rainshadow guessed that the transformation into an archonling must've been when she was a child. Maybe.... 6 years ago, at the very least. Suddenly, her outfit changed. Rainshadow backed up a couple steps. She was very surprised. "What did you just do?" She asked in an almost panicked tone. It was so sudden. She couldn't have put those on normally. It had to be magic.*

This was kindof awkward to post. lol It also doesn't help not knowing what to put down as a responce. lol

Level 8
*Lorth was just about to walk out, when he heard a blast coming from behind him. He turned around and saw the priest dropped K. The wooden furniture around was in pieces and burning, and the walls were charred. He looked around and asked: "What just happened?"*

Level 12
Eerie whispers filled the silent forest. The glowing wisps of magical energy floated about like ghosts. Average people could be easily frightened of the magical forest from its sights and sounds, but the Holy Knights were not average. They were some of the best and most fearless warriors, psychics and clergymen around. Armed to the teeth, the Knights were ready to counter any threats to their vindictive objectives.

The quiet nature of the forest did not last, however. The sentries sensed a dark presence, one which they recognized as being demonic. Hastily, they retreated to the stronghold which was being built by the rest of the Knights. Upon hearing of a demonic presence, Gabriel concentrated his psychic senses to locate the demon. He did more the locate him, however - he recognized the demonic presence. A presence he could never forget. The archdemon Asuras - general of the now deceased demon lord Lucien, whom Gabriel had often led the Holy Knights against in the past.

Level 12
(Continued from above)

Asuras was one of the few surviving generals of Lucien's demonic army. Often having clashed with the Holy Knights, Asuras despised their order and after Lucien's destruction, dedicated himself to tracking down and crushing the sacred order. It was clear to Gabriel that Asuras had not tracked his company however, but rather, he had arrived with objectives similar to that of his, aside from establishing a base of operations in this region. But whatever the reason for Asuras' arrival in the place, Gabriel had already formulated a plan.

Knowing that his meticulous planning and efficient usage of their strengths meant Asuras would not be able to detect them, Gabriel decided to ambush the archdemon and his demon spawns. With this in mind, Gabriel spread his men out so they would attack from all sides.

Level 12
(Continued from above)

The captain approached Gabriel about the attack.

"How shall we attack, sire?"

"When the time is right, we shall strike a fatal blow from every side."

The captain knew this meant the Knights were to completely decimate the demon army with their most devastating psychic and holy powers.

Level 12
Gabriel's Knights, shrouded with psychic energy that hid their positions from their enemies, watched silently like unseen ghosts, as demon spawns crawled through the area. The number of demons were roughly ten times the number of the Knights; possibly more. Despite this, Gabriel knew that an entire company of Knights can easily defeat many times more than this. Lucien's demise meant that his few surviving generals would lack the power to rally a significant amount of demons. Thus, Gabriel recognized the most significant threat to be Asuras himself and his bodyguard retinue.

Level 12
Gabriel signaled for the strike, when Asuras and his demonic guards came into view. The Knights moved at lightning speed, out from the bushes and trees and descended upon the demons, who were all the more frightened and hurt by the now unveiled presence of the Knights themselves. Gabriel himself calmly walked forward through the battlefield, heading for Asuras, who was the large demonic being in the center of the vile spawns, larger than any other, holding a giant axe, with four hoofed legs and large teeth. He was an intimidating demon for most, but not to the Knights. Wave after wave of demons fell as the Knights, in unison, unleashed a blast of psychic energies that rippled from them and flayed the flesh of the demons terribly. Shattered by the ambush, the demons scattered amongst themselves as their formation crumbled.

Level 12
Asuras, angered by the cowardice, smashed and stomped several fleeing lesser demons as he descended upon the Knights at full speed, cleaving the ground with his massive war attack as the Knights dodged the surprisingly quick archdemon. However, before even being able to attack again, Gabriel leaped out at full speed and slashed at Asuras. Asuras faced Gabriel, who left a large gash on the archdemon's side. The holy powers combined with the psychic conduits within the Holy Knights' weapons was extraordinarily dangerous to demons, Asuras knew first hand. Ever eager to crush the Knights, Asuras was quick to slash with his axe many times at him, while his bodyguard demons held off other Knights from support Gabriel. Surviving lesser demons regrouped and began to fight back against the Knights. The captain ran at a demon, slashed it and spun from the momentum to slash a further two demons and impale a third, pulling out then flaying another lesser demon completely using psychic energies.

Level 10
Oh wow, that's a lot of osts. Infinite, your first post is funny. The pure coincidence that you used Asuras. That's the name of my computer in Official (Unamed) Futuristic Roeplaying Thread. XD

*Rainshadow looked at the archonling. "Really? Well, you don't seem that bad." Rainshadow looked out the window again. It'll be dark soon. I suggest we find someplace to eat. I don't think I could get into any restaraunts. But we can still try. I think there's ne for "Adventurers". They allow many races. I've only heard of it, so I don't know where it would be. Maybe you could help? I recall something about... (Rainshadow hesitated as she looked at the floor for a moment, knowing what she was about to say would hurt the girl. Even if she didn't say anything.) 'demons' having psychic powers."*

Level 13
K rolled up so he faced up the ceiling. He blinked a few times since his vision was a little fogged, After a few seconds he looked around and saw the objects around him burnt. He got up on one knee by supporting himself with his hands, He stood up slowly after getting up on one knee, He limped hastily outside the temple of whatever that god's name was. ' What the hell is going on with me? ' K thought to himself after seeing such strange events in one day.

Level 12
Gabriel parried the enormous archdemon's next attack masterfully and with immense strength. Dodging another swipe with the axe and two more in quick succession, Gabriel counterattacked, leaping up and thrusting his glaive towards the archdemon, who was struck in the shoulder. Gabriel, holding onto his glaive landed both feet on the archdemon and kicked off with great force and landed on his feet as the archdemon roared with agony.

Gabriel rushed forward and Asuras, noticing this, cleaved the ground with immense force and the ground below Gabriel rippled and broke apart, slowing him to a halt. Next, Asuras conjured hellfire from the destroyed ground, engulfing Gabriel in unholy flames. The Knights nearest to him looked on; unable to directly assist due to being held off by a swarm of weaker demons.

Level 12
The Knights watched anxiously as Gabriel disappeared in the flames. However, Gabriel was far from defeated. The unholy flames began to be disrupted and soon enough, the flames parted quickly and revealed Gabriel, encased in a holy barrier. Gabriel waved his arm and the barrier expanded, putting out the unholy fire around him. Gabriel looked at Asuras and within a moments notice, rushed back at him. Asuras, almost shocked, unleashed a shock wave of dark energy that rippled towards Gabriel, who leaped into the air.

Level 12
(Continued from above)

Gabriel quickly whispered a prayer and his armor glowed brighter. From behind him, two wings of holy energy formed and enabled flight. Gabriel flew towards Asuras with incredible speed and Asuras, near terrified, released a terrible howl and from his mouth, demonic fire poured out against Gabriel. Gabriel spun his glaive and moved it in front of him, blocking the demonic flames, though slowing his flight towards Asuras considerably. By the end, Gabriel swiped with the glaive, stopping Asuras' flaming attack, and using the momentum from the swipe, Gabriel spun himself around and with great strength, launched the glaive at immense speed straight at the archdemon's neck. Asuras, impaled in the neck by Gabriel's glaive, fell. Getting up slightly, to the surprise of most Knights except Gabriel, Asuras attempted to slash Gabriel with his axe, using his large size to reach up to the winged Knight.

Level 12
Gabriel drew his sword, narrowly dodging the blade of the axe that scraped across his armor, and quickly slashed at the arm of the archdemon. In quick succession, Gabriel continued slashing at Asuras' arm, shoulder and ended the duel with a large slash to the chest, crippling and defeating the archdemon.

The other Knights quickly killed off and devastated the remaining demons of Asuras' remaining army, more easily accomplished as Asuras' defeat led to the collapse of their morale and a frenzy of cowardly attempts to escape soon followed the demon army. A few of the Knights were injured in the battle, but none were killed or injured seriously enough to require replacements.

Level 12
(Continued from above)

Gabriel knew from the beginning that this battle would end in outright victory for the Holy Knights. Asuras' demon army, though much larger than his company, was weak. Demons under Lucien were greatly weakened when Lucien met his demise. The same was for Asuras his demonic powers were greatly weakened without his master.

Suddenly, as Gabriel pulled the glaive out of the neck of the fallen archdemon and went to investigate his soldiers, Asuras rose quickly and attempted one last mighty strike to crush Gabriel. But Gabriel had foresaw this and turned quickly, raising his arm at Asuras and smiting him with psychic energy. The sheer psychic energy Gabriel unleashed at the archdemon flayed his flesh and ripped him apart. Blood splattered everywhere and Gabriel's armor was covered in the demon's blood. Awed, the Knights bowed to Gabriel as chaplains began the cleansing process. The bodies and blood of the demons evaporated into light slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.