• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a new chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
(Lol Var)

The Knights finished packing their campsite up. Swiftly, they moved like ghosts through the plains and soon started to leave Rainshadow and Sonya, moving to their next location. Gabriel knew of the leaders of the three kingdoms and their cohorts well. Two hundred years ago, the Knights occasionally observed them in the chaotic battles that occurred. Gabriel knew the next location for his Knights. With the information from the scouting teams, Gabriel had a rough idea of the destination. They headed away from the road, disappearing slowly. However, to the annoyance of the Knights, a light fog began to form and was getting heavier by the minute, and Gabriel signaled for a speed up.

Level 8
It's a city, Ken.

*"Alright. What are you planing to do whenwe get there, anyway?" Lorht was anxious to finally get some warm food, a stiff drink and a real bed.

Level 13
Hmm. Koicheen you go drink some pirate juice! XD

" When we get there, We'll go to an Inn that I once went to, It's because of my current predicament that I'll be treated for free. " K said, But he looked at Lorth and said. " But I don't know about you. " K said in a mock tone. " Also, After we've rented an inn, We'll go get something to eat, And then proceed to do what we want to for the rest of the day. "

Level 12
Gabriel lead his Knights through the fog into a forest. There was something odd about this forest, however. All of the Knights sensed the magical powers possessed by the forest itself. As the Knights marched on deeper into the forest, they arrived into a clearing... or what they believed to be a clearing - they had in fact, stumbled upon the ruins of an old city. However, they saw something unusual - warriors made entirely of ice, though they were rather benign and did not attempt to stop the Knights.

Level 10
ooh, this is sounding familiar now. XD I have to wonder why people's locations keep changing. first we're by Devilak's territory, possibly in it. then we're near misha's territory. K and Lorth started off being a long way from misha's city, and then suddenly are really close. how is that even possible?
"Well, Xendrin. That's a pretty long walk from here." K then reached into his pockets and fished out an old necklace.
K just put the necklace back in its pocket and said to Lorth, " Yeah, I'll check it out later, Besides, Xendrin is just ahead. " K said while pointing to the Xendrin.
There are only four posts in between these posts. They couldn't possibly travel so many miles in so little time. Not to mention the fact that K only had his necklace out for a little while. Otherwise, their conversation was halted for hours on end. Please keep it more realistic. We don't want teleportation everywhere. It defeats the purpose of the journey.

Level 23
*"Tell me, Captain," Kalek spoke as he looked around the camp, "Are the men ready? I assume you have received orders?" As the Captain shared his gaze, he responded, "Yes, my Lord, we have. The men are just getting prepared for battle in anticipation of your arrival."*

*Kalek glanced back down to the Captain before walking off, "Good. inform me when you're ready." The Captain bowed.*

Level 12
Using the materials from the ruins, the Knights quickly set up a campsite, working to turn the ruins into a stronghold for the Knights. Gabriel was impressed at the find, seeing this as a great location to set up a permanent base of operations. As the psychic illusion was placed once more, Gabriel watched as his Knights worked hard to clear rubble and restore the ruins of the buildings. He began to write in his journal again, of the archonling and the excellent find in their destination.

Level 8
Maybe you want us to keep spamming -Lorth an K are just walking along.- all day, Sacrid? I mean, it's not like our characters have that much to talk about. On with the RP!

*"Wait, what? Who the hell placed you in charge? I do what i want, kid. For all you know, i might get a room for myself and leave you outside? How do you like that idea?" Lorth said with a relatively calm voice, but slight irritation could be seen on his face. " 'Sides, here's another valuable life lesson: Don't expect free things. Ever. It just leaves you empty handed and disappointed."*

Level 13
K took out a bag of coins and pointed at it. " Did i say that I was going to get it free? " K said while smirking. " We'll pay fifty-fifty for the rooms. " K said, " We're just gonna pay our own food, That fine with you? " K said as they nearly reached the gates of Xendrin.

Level 10
*Rainshadow looked at the archonling questionly. "What did your master do to get such a bad reputation? I thought all demons wanted to enslave the world." From Rainshadow's view, demons were bad and had sometimes attacked wolves. Though there were a minority that allied and sometimes mated with wolves, those were never spoken of, as being too shameful to remember. Rainshadow didn't know that and her tribes prejudice was beyond her. So she always did her best to understand. THough there were times that was out of the question.*

Level 12
As construction went underway, sentries actively scouted the area. The fog in the area was a hindrance, but their psychic capabilities would mostly remove the problem. The Knights felt uneasy with the elementals. Though they were benign at the moment, they could not easily predict when or if they would turn upon them. Gabriel however, understood these elementals better. He noticed their intelligence was significantly lower without their summoner. He wondered whether he could gain control of the elementals. Despite the fact that the Knights only trained in holy magics and the use of their psychic powers, Gabriel did possess extensive knowledge in arcane and elemental magics, learned through the centuries he had served in the field as a Holy Knight from various enemies and allies.

Level 8
*"How about we each just pay for our own room? Or are you implying that we actually share a room?" Lorth was looking at the gates. Quite impressive, for a human city. The walls were white and high, with enormous towers on which the yellow banners of Xendrin were raised. Yep. Quite impressive. There was a lot of people coming in and out of the gate, mostly merchants and local farmers, seemingly uncontrolled. The gate guards were well armed and armored, showing that the city was reasonably wealthy. They were looking at the people walking through the gate with lazy looks, leaned on the wall.*

Level 12
As Gabriel studied the elementals, the Knights salvaged whatever part of the ancient ruins that were viable for construction. From this, the Knights started construction, clearing useless material and recycling usable material to build their most prioritized structures - the command post and the church. The church was proving to be rather easy to construct, with one of the many ruins resembling a feasible church, though the command post was proving difficult due to the lack of enough usable resources. The captain of the Knights, second in command of the company, watched as construction of their base of operations was fully underway.

Gabriel, working to manipulate the ice warriors, saw no progress. Deciding that something must have provided the ice warriors with enough magical energy to survive, Gabriel set out to search amongst the ruins, with three Knights by his side as he looked around the ruins.

Level 10
lol exploring your old domain Infinite? XD Hope you have fun.

*Rainshadow looked around again. It was getting dark and they shouldn't be staying long. She suddenly got up. "Come on. It's going to rain soon. We can talk along the way." Rainshadow aimed towards the town she was in earlier today and began walking*

Level 23
*As the rain started elsewhere in the land, the wind was picking up in Kalek's area. Watching the dust and sand blow into clouds before being whisked away was interesting, but it would prove to be a problem. Kalek scraped the ground with a claw, noticing the extreme lack of water in the soil. And soon, they were ready, with Kalek taking the lead alongside the General, they moved through the heat and the suffocating sand that came their way. But they would not let a little wind stand in their way...*

Level 12
(Yep, Sacrid =P)

The construction was still underway, with enough of the ruins being cleared and salvaged. Gabriel examined the largest ruin, sensing unusual powers bound there. Clearly, the large ruin was a citadel. The other Knights were busy reconstructing the citadel to create a viable command building, though it was difficult.

Level 10
lol I can imagine. All of the stone is worn away. Pieces that used to fit, might not nowdays. XD

*Rainshadow and Sonya had reached the stand of trees where Rainshadow had been disturbed earlier and met the knights. She kept running past it and the wolf soon reached the town gates. She turned her head to make sure Sonya was still following.*

Level 23
*They continued to move through. The wind had picked up, as they now walked through a full fledged sandstorm. But they would not let that stop them. Kalek took the brunt of it, using his wings to shield the army for a bit, before pulling them back in. He wanted his forces to be ready when they reached their destination. Being a dragon, however, he could withstand the sandstorm with little difficulty at its current rate. However, if it picked up, it could prove to be a problem. But still, they kept on, pushing through the course sand and the stuffy, choked air.*

Level 12
Gabriel explored the citadel as it was reconstructed into a command building. Psychic powers were extremely handy to the Knights, even to menial tasks such as construction. Entering onto what appeared to be the former throne room, Gabriel looked around. Sensing some powers emanating from the room, he looked about the room and examined a trapdoor on the ground at the very back of the room. Clearing some rubble off the door, Gabriel and his bodyguard retinue readied themselves as they pried open the dusty and rigid trapdoor.

Level 10
Misha, you make it sound like she's going to kill me. lol I was also giving you a chance to respond, since we were also at the trees earlier.

*After a while, the two reached a tavern and the Wolf walked in. Since she had a humanoid with her, maybe she could get a room this time.*

Level 23
Rainshadow, the money protector! :p No one will try to steal your purse if the wolf is wearing it, and thus guarding it! XD

*Kalek walked, his view clouded by sand, unable to see the ground in front of him. Suddenly, a shout behind him. Turning around, he sees the fain silhouettes of the army. Bringing his head back around, he pulls back, nearly stepping on a soldier. In front of him, made from the sand, was the image of a multi-fanged skull, soon swept off into the storm. Within moments, shouts and murmers came from the army. They were seeing this too. All around them were faces. Faces of demons and skulls. They could hear them, their cries and roars of agony and pain. And above that, the whispering, the spell-like whispering. The mass of voices chanting, grows louder and quieter. the sights and sounds only grew, as the army and dragon stood posed to defend, as the souls of the dead whisked aroud them.*

Level 13
K looked oddly at Lorth and said. " Why the hell would I want to share a room with someone i barely even know? " K said with a hint of anger. " I also remember pointed out that i have money. So I could pay for myself. Besides, I don't want to be treated like I am a usele-- " K never got to finish his last sentence as the pain in his head and heart began to grow painful every second. Eventually K collapsed as he fell to the hard ground. He fell unconscious and lay there on the ground motionless, Except for the slight heaving of his chest.

Level 12
Gabriel and his guards slowly descended the spiral staircase that was under the trapdoor. To Gabriel, it was clear that the energies emanating from here were responsible for the ice elementals roaming about. As he descended, it became clear that this place was a site of former battle, possibly the battle that meant the end for the civilization that was once here and ruined their city. Gabriel tracked the source of the magical energy to the center of the dungeon, where a sword lay amongst the rubble, glowing faintly with arcane energy. A Knight reached for the blade, picking it up and studying it, before handing the sword to Gabriel, who also studied it carefully, before signalling the Knights to clear the dungeon for anything.

Level 8
"Wait, what? I was against the whole thi..." Lorth watched as K collapsed to the ground. "Oh, what now?" Lorth sighed. "Curse me being such a good person. I'm like a goddamn paladin."He picked up K in to his arms, approached the nearest man he saw and asked for a temple or something like that. Preferably one dedicated to Lathander, the Morning Lord, god of Light. Lathander's priests are known to take and heal sick or injured travelers.He was relieved to know that it wasn't on the other side of the city, and started following the man's instructions. *

Level 5
nick walks into the main square sits down and thinks of what he should do with the sword

Level 13
K's mind

' Not this place again.. ' K thought as he saw the familiar bone structures and towers and buildings, Along with some arch's other crap. He suspected another sword swinging out of nowhere and a pure white skeleton coming out, Again. He grabbed a sharp looking bone which was actually a bone flag pole. He held it tight and heard something swinging his way, He turned around in time and blocked with the bone as he saw the skeleton again, " Ahahaha! " The skeleton laughed like a maniac. " You've gotten better compared to last time! " The skeleton shouted. He grinded his sword off the bone slowly as it an produced ear breaking noise. He pulls it close to his chest and then swings it hard again on the bone, This time, The force of the hit made K crouch slightly. He jumped backwards and said. " Why are you attacking me?! " K shouted as he finally lost his temper,

Level 13
" No actually. " K heard another voice behind him and looked around and saw another skeleton, Though they looked the same, The new one was more composed. " The question is what is the reason for the sudden heart attack and head aches you've been getting. " The other calm skeleton said.

Level 8
*After about 10 minutes of walking, Lorth finally arrived to the temple. A large, masterfully made structure. The stone was unusually white, without a single stain. There were Lathander's symbols everywhere. He walked to the large wooden door, which was already open, and entered the temple. Inside was a huge room, candles lit everywhere, walls covered with white marble. There was but a few people here, but echoes of whispered prayers could be heard. "Quite a resonance" though Lorth as he looked around. A middle aged, calm looking man in priestly garments approached him.
"Welcome to the Holy Temple of Lathander. You seem like you might need some help." Said the priest looking at K.
"Yeah. He just... collapsed, all of a sudden. He seemed fine before that."
"I see. You've heard about our reputation here, have you?" The priest laughed for a brief moment. "Alright, hand him over. We'll see what we can do."*

Status
Not open for further replies.