• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

a new chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
The senior Knight messaged back quickly to Gabriel.

"We've discovered a township and had run into some ... people, and a wolf"

The senior Knight ordered the recruits to stand down as the rain stopped. Gabriel returned the Knights with one last order before he cut communications with the fire team.

"Return immediately."

The Knights responded obediently and began to move back in the direction of the camp. Though to them, the priority laid with exploring the town, they also knew that the commander did not make his decisions without meticulous planning and insight, thus being more competent in making decisions.

Level 12
From the campsite, the Knights kept a close watch on the area around them, especially the roads. Though they were in the plains near the road, their positions were kept hidden through psychic illusion. However, the illusion is not perfect and a being with an affinity with psychic power could detect a slight anomaly in the area.

Level 23
The rain stopped already? I know I'm nowhere near your area, and that it was a large mass of rain clouds, but the rain stopping as if the clouds were going over 100 mph? D:

infinite, you have an interesting way of hiding, it could possibly fool even Kalek! :D But... with four eyes, Hellion could totally see you :p But, he's not here now, is he? :p

Level 10
Devilak has some patrols, but not enough to discourage people from coming. Please note that he only gave the villagers necklaces, as a gift. Those necklaces were supposed to activate when he needed them, not be an automatic undead spell. Os the necklaces had flaws, since it was an expirement, and he didn't bother to do the same to the rest of his kingdom. So you won't really find any undead inside my borders. lol All that really happened to the living is the change of ownereship. They pay less taxes than they previously did, since Devilak has no use for money and all of his soldiers are loyal to him. If they need something, he gets it. XD He doesn't praise himself by having a national holiday, though some believe in him immensly. lol I fear that your mission might be in vain. lol I do have some necromancers in the towns, but they don't use their powers on others unless needed. If you find one, they'll prefer to talk it out. lol You might like what he says. XD

Level 5
Nick walking around in the city going no real set path stumbles over something lying in a dark allyway picks him self up from the dirt rubbing his elbow where it hit the nearby wall
turning around to see what it is that tripped him he see's a sword in its cover just resting against the wall. he walks back to it while looking around to see who might own it seeing no one he picks it up to see if it has a family crest or an insignia on it finding none he walks off in the direction he came from

Level 10
it would have to be Devilak's, however, you don't just find swords lying around. This isn't some random event or loot from a game. lol (Like a spider or wolf keeping a sword, only releasing it when it dies. lol) Also, you don't trip on something if it's leaning against a wall.

Level 12
(Lol Var, I don't intend to hide from Hellion since I don't expect him to come looking for me =p and Sacrid whoever said I'm going for your forces? =p I have something else in mind. And err, Zar, I highly doubt swords just are lying around in alleys, lol.)

Level 5
XD well i do need some sort of weapon; and i myself (and i am sure many other people) have tripped on something leaning on a wall, if your not paying attention its quite easy + i said a dark ally also anyone might have dropped it or someone might have even hidden it there to come back for later there are many reasons why a sword may be lying in a ally and by the way i am in misha's city

Level 12
(Lol okay, Misha. Might want to be careful though, this is near Devilak's borders.)

Gabriel faintly sensed something or someone nearby and not just anybody. Whatever it was, Gabriel already knew that extreme caution was needed as it could possibly undermine their position. As such, Gabriel made sure their psychic illusion covered the entire campsite effectively and prevented easy detection and doubled the number of active sentries around the campsite, also under psychic illusions.

Level 12
The last scouting team returned to the camp site under the psychic illusion. Gabriel signaled to the Knights that they had free time. Though the Holy Knights believed free time was generally a dangerous idea, Gabriel recognized that free time could be useful in strengthening the bond between them, allowing for better teamwork in the future, though he also knew that too much free time would weaken the Knights' resolve to battle.

The Knights began to sit around, though the sentries stayed in their position, regularly switching shifts for their own free times, and began to socialize. The three recruits joined in with the other Knights. One of the recruits, a boy, asked about Gabriel's past.

"How long has the commander been with the Knights for?"

"The commander is one of the longest serving Knights around today. Some of the most senior Knights even remember him leading them as recruits to battle."

"He must be really old to serve that long."

Level 12
"Alas no. He is no ordinary human. He has attained what we know as the blessings of Twilight. His aging has slowed dramatically thanks to such holy powers."

"He is the most experienced Knight and among the most zealous. As such, he is a member of the council."

Level 10
just so everyone knows, Misha's territory is in the middle of a desert. Mine isn't. So he isn't that close to me. Hellion's tarrtory has a very thin neutral zone between his and mine. Otherwise, we deal with border issues. lol (as far as I know.)

*the knights left, the boy had dissapeared without being harmed (darn it D:) and the odd half elf illusionist ha stormed off. Rainshadow stood by the tree alone. Having nowhere to go, she decided to follow the knights. She had been wandering alone for too long, searching for her pack. And those two beings were just too freaky. Besides, holy magic is always a good sign. Rainshadow followed their scent path closely, staying behind the knights and eventually bean to close in on their camp, though she didn't know it.* You may be able to trick the brain, but you cvcan't trick the nose. lol

Level 23
... you planning on using that against Kalek too? :p

*Upon returning to the fortress, a mage walks up to Kalek, bowing as Kalek stopped. Looking up at the towering dragon, the mage spoke. "Lord Kalek, Lord Hellion has given me the duty of informing you of your next assignment."* "

*"Oh?" Kalek responded, his head bending down to come to eye level with the mage.*

*"Yes. You are to be sent to the border, to Elengrost. You will take command of the troops there. I will fill you in on the details before you leave. Now come, we need to get you ready to go." The mage spoke, walking off, leaving Kalek to join him as they went to prepare him. This was going to cripple his studies on his experiment. What timing...*

Level 13
Freaky? Your calling my character freaky when yours has the thing called ' Fury ', DX

K noticed that someone was following him in a noticeable pace as he glanced behind him only to see Lorth walking at a slighty faster pace than he was walking. " What is your destination and reason to go there. " K asked nonchalantly in a monotone voice while still walking and glancing behind him. ' I wonder if he'll stay long... ' K thought.

Level 12
(Okay so I fell asleep for a couple of hours just now lol. I was partying all night yesterday, give me a break =p!)

Gabriel was the first to notice the breach in security. He grabbed his glaive the other Knights looked at him, confused. One of the sentries also spotted a wolf enter into the camp. Nature was well respected by the Knights and the wolf was seen as no threat, however.

Gabriel dashed towards the archonling that pierced their psychic illusion barrier. He instantly knew her kind and was displeased - beings capable of immense psychic power. Almost instantly, he arrived in front of Sonya, with a glaive to her throat. Gabriel's message was clear - leave now, or face his wrath. A squad of Knights mobilized and readied themselves upon Gabriel's signal.

Level 10
lol infinite, we hold no grudge for partying. Everyone does it at some point. XD (vr and I don't seem to have a need or want for it. lol) I'm not a threat? cool. lol
and lord ken, the Fury isn't feaky. It's a rare bloodline among the wolves. You'r character is freaky because of the way he looks. He's not pretty. (If you need more explanations.)

Level 8
Whew, I thought Ken mentioned something about "Furry" when talking about Sacrid's char. Good to know i read wrong xD
Anywho...

*Lorth looked at K, surprised, looking like he just woke up. "You again? Did anyone ever tell you that you talk in a very strange way.. Specially for a child. Besides, I go where i want. None of your business."*

Level 13
Furry and Fury, Both apply to sacrid's character. :p

K broke his glance towards Lorth and set his gaze on the road, " No, Nobody ever told me i talk strange, Why? Because nobody ever notices that on a child who lives with a psycho mother who keeps a rotting corpse of his husband in the kitchen and talks to it everyday. " K said in the same monotone voice as always, " Besides, I need to get away from that awful place now, At least i have some money to run away now. " K said again. " Also, Since were traveling together, You could atleast tell me your destination. " K said while gazing off into the distance, All he could see was a tree, Another tree, And another one. And the list goes on.

Level 8
*"Your mo... Wha..? And I thought i had a weird family. Here's a valuable life tip, kid: don't share that information with people. Seriously. " Lorth mumbled, clearly disturbed. "I'm going to Xendrin."*

Level 12
(Lol Misha, the order is too secretive for just anyone to know, plus not anyone can just join and it takes a lot of training too)

A squad of Knights surrounded Sonya and Gabriel went back to the center of the campsite. Gabriel's second in command arrived on the scene, ordering the squad of Knights to make sure she can't escape. One of the Knights, annoyed by Sonya's sudden appearance, talked to her.

"So, the archon found us. Did he send you to try and spy on us? Or sabotage us?"

The captain (second in command) talked before anyone else could reply to the Knight.

"Of course not. No one should know our location or our activities. This is just a coincidence, despite how it may seem."

Level 23
*Kalek soared just above the clouds, dipping under the blanket to check his 'surroundings' below. Finally, he could see his destination, and pumped his wings for more, to close the gap faster. At the town, soldiers went about their jobs, sharpening weapons, polishing armour, and doing their various tasks. Few noticed as the dragon dropped through the clouds, falling towards them. But all noticed him when he reered up, positioning himself to hover for a moment, and landed. Kalek looked around, inspecting the town. Each building seemed to be reinforced with barricades betwwen them, as were the gates and walls of the town. Villagers out in the open were scarce, and everything seemed remotely organized, as empty and dusty as the village square was.*

Level 10
lol the fury of the furry beast. XD

*The wolf saw the Archonling, but no one else. It was clear she wass talkig to someone, but since the wolf could not see the knights, she just watched. Rainshadow decided after a while that the creature was clearly insane. Nobody should be having conversations with themselves. The giggling only made it easier to confirm the insanity.*

Level 12
(I'm the sane one? Oh dear God!)

"So you heard of our exploits against heresy and also against the demons. But that is of no concern to us. You will have to leave immediately. We will not tolerate breaches in security."

Two of the sentries unveiled their psychic illusion and made themselves visible to the wolf, kneeling to stroke the wolf gently. The Knights generally enjoyed nature, particularly animals.

Level 13
That is... Very insulting, sacrid. -_-'

K seemed lost in thoughts for a moment before saying. " Well, Xendrin. That's a pretty long walk from here, And its also wierd, I'm going there as well. Knowing my old home, I would wanna get far away from it. " K said with a hint of excitement. K then reached into his pockets and fished out an old necklace which his father gave to him as a baby before he died, He wore it and decided that the only remembrance that he wants of that hell hole was his Father.

Level 23
well, dodging attacks from a wolf that's a couple feet away, at head level, and with ease requires insanity. Even Hellion gets hit, and not always by powerful things. Though, I think my part in the insanity comes from my evil streaks :p But, it'll be different when I play as Kalek. New attitude, and a different way of thinking in and out of battle. And, I don't exactly have a goal at the moment. :/ We'll see how my insanity (evil side) deals with this :p

Besides, a little insanity never hurt anyone. :p

Level 8
"Fine. Just don't...." Lorth noticed the necklace, and stared into it for a few moments.
"That there amulet is magical, kid. I'm an adventurer, always seeking those, so i should know one when i see it. A mage, none the less. Anyway, It's power is locked, so i'd go see a wizard of some sort if i were you."*

Level 10
ken, I'm going by the wolf's perspective. A freak summoner and an injured kid who's not afraid of a large wolf? You'd have to be insane. lol

*The wolf saw the two knights reveal themselves. The two knights walked up to her, crouched and extended their hands. Rainshadow backed up a step, making sure they didn't do anything to her, but then she noticed they were petting her. She calmed down a bit, but stayed on the alert. 'These are the same knights who I met earlier. So I did reach their camp. And that creature there, it can't be insane now. There must be others here.' Rainshadow continued to stand there as she tried to figure out what was going on. If they realise she could understand them, much less talk, they might force her to leave. Or take her for an evil creature, since most animals don't, or can't, talk.*

Level 13
sacrid, Just don't keep mentioning it.

K just put the necklace back in its pocket and said to Lorth, " Yeah, I'll check it out later, Besides, Xendrin is just ahead. " K said while pointing to the Xendrin. ( Is it a village, town, or city? )

Level 12
"Unfortunately for you, we cannot risk having you here. Leave now."

Gabriel recognized the great annoyance Sonya caused. In the past thousand years, he and the order had never trusted her kind. He also recognized the threat that Sonya would mean to his company, as near the top of the hierarchy of one of their enemies. He also sensed something odd about the wolf that had entered their camp, but he couldn't fathom what was strange about her.

Nevertheless, Gabriel decided that it was time for the camp to move quickly, with the breach in security. He signaled the other Knights, whom responded quickly and began to pack the supplies. Part of the squad holding Sonya dispersed to help pack the camp up, but most remained to prevent her from being a threat. A chaplain came over, vigilant and vindictive.

"Leave now, or face the wrath of the Lord, archon. We will not tolerate you to be with us, for you are our enemy."

Level 10
Misha, I know she's looking at me. I can read. XD

*Rainshadow saw the archonling, when the rest of the knights had decloaked she could hear them talking about the creature. Rainshadow got up and walked over the the archonling. "May I ask what you are? If what they say is true, you seem to be the outlier." Rainshadow looked at the knights packing and then looked back at the archonling.*
With a breach of security, I wouldn't think they'd stay cloaked. lol

Level 23
A slap in the face, and a chasm in his plan! :D You've foiled an Archon plot! Have yourself a medal! :D lol

*A massive figured walked from a shaded area, towards the new arrival. Heavy armor, layered in dust from the surrounding area, but otherwise shining, caught Kalek's eye. A partial cape, draped over the left shoulder, and a spike-crowned helm. At his belt sat a thick sword, likely a broadsword. Due to his stature, and build, this character would be able to keep such a massive sword at his side, and helped to display his power. As the figure appraoched, his dusty, red cape swaying in the gentle, random wind, he soon bowed before Kalek. His head towards the ground, he kept a hand across his knee, and the other on the ground, holding him up. "Lord Kalek, I am Captain Maltanis. It is an honor"*

Status
Not open for further replies.