• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Player Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Since many people are requesting it(I wouldn't mind it myself, either.), there is a really easy way to add in a harder difficulty. You can just add in some sort of invulnerable tower or unit for the opponent and give it a global command aura that increases damage by a percentage. (Can also use different auras if you want.) It's barely any work for you and it increases the difficulty. Though, it's just a suggestion for something quick.

Level 3
hello thx for the new, iam testing and i have a little problem, when i end the map iam no have the endgame code (the raking o wathever), i just see a black screen without words :sad:.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
tulee said:
Haha I don't mean to sound like I am whining, which by the way spoon I notice you take very well from the posts I read of yours replying to those complainers, It's just that I am scared of how long this might take to finish. I REALLY don't want Starcraft 2 to come out but I have to accept that when it does Warcraft will not be played as it is now. I feel that replaying the campaign that was the very first thing I played when I bought war3 all those years ago would be a fantastic way to say goodbye. Which is why I want it to be super hard +P And for it to hopefully not take too long. Haha. But yea I think this project is great and I am happy you are pursuing this +P+P good luck spoon.
Thx very much and don't worry about whining, I like discussing my project xP
I really like how you think this a nice way to see bye to warcraft, thx again

Luffy said:
I tested your map. Really good job. Keep it up.
Thx very much, and I will keep going ^^

Pooppyhead said:
I love this idea. I always look for 2 player maps to play with my brother over lan.
Hey np, also I just played your treasure cave, its wicked : O

SSJ2-Trunks said:
Since many people are requesting it(I wouldn't mind it myself, either.), there is a really easy way to add in a harder difficulty. You can just add in some sort of invulnerable tower or unit for the opponent and give it a global command aura that increases damage by a percentage. (Can also use different auras if you want.) It's barely any work for you and it increases the difficulty. Though, it's just a suggestion for something quick.
A good idea, but I wanna do a bit more, put the enemy hero levels past 10, improve their base defenses, make them attack more frequently.
If it was just a stat-based thing they wanted they could just handicap themselves xP

Amauta said:
hello thx for the new, iam testing and i have a little problem, when i end the map iam no have the endgame code (the raking o wathever), i just see a black screen without words
This is chapter 7 right?
I just quickly tested it myself and there was no problem : o
Would you mind downloading the newest version and double-checking for me?
And see if it has something to do with whether you're player 1 or 2, and if you skipped the cinematics or not.

Level 3
If you ever get up to the Orc chapter where Thrall is teamed up with an AI Grom base, it would be great if the second player took over the AI base instead of just sharing a base with Thrall. I strangely always thought it would be fun if Grom's base was playable.

theres a problem though; groms forces are meant to attack the human bases in order to trigger the secondary quest and also make the humans attack Thrall/Grom. this also applies in some of TFT campaigns as well. so basically, this can somewhat screw up the map and make it easier for the players.

....unless spoon decides to remove/change this.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
sgtnoobkilla said:
theres a problem though; groms forces are meant to attack the human bases in order to trigger the secondary quest and also make the humans attack Thrall/Grom. this also applies in some of TFT campaigns as well. so basically, this can somewhat screw up the map and make it easier for the players.

....unless spoon decides to remove/change this.

I didn't playtest the orc campaign yet, but that sounds like it could be a problem
I'll think about it when I get there, but if I can't get around it, then it'll be AI controlled probs

tulee said:
Spoon Is there anyway that you can team up with someone so that these maps go faster +P
Maybe, but things go better for me when I solo-map xP
The best I can do at the moment is ensure that 1 is released EVERY week

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
rozbojnik2 said:
i must waiting for kael, & Blood Elf's and sylvanas, and (of course) Rexxar, weeery long :(
but i kill time, by the co-op campaing with brother in normal wc3 :)))

y're the best!! :D
Your welcome, and I was thinking about Rexxar's campaign. (Will likely be done very last)
I'll have to fit as many maps as possible onto one map to cut out some map switching.

teelo said:
Nice idea, someone come on bnet and try this with me ;)
Thx, and have fun.

ALSO!
I'm thinking about the secondary hero for the undead campaign. (Like Captain Falric)
These are what I've come up with:
- Ghoul King - An agility hero with spells including Devour Corpse (instant heal), Crippling Slash (single dmg and slow)
- Arch Acolyte - An intelligence hero with spells including Raise Skeleton (like necro's), Soul Blast (line damage)
- Undead Falric - A strength hero, spells undecided.

These are the features I'm planning to upgrade the human campaign with when I finished it.
- Exchange System - Allows you to give selected units to the other player to use as long as food limits would be obeyed. Certain units cannot be exchanged; eg. Heroes, Starting Units, Town Halls
- Research System - Any researches done will be shared with the other player. Also, certain building requirements will also be shared, eg. Town Hall, Lumber Mill, Blacksmith
- Insane Mode - A difficulty setting that is unlocked after completing the campaign normally.
- Secret Chapter - This chapter can only be unlocked by completing the campaign on Insane Difficulty, it will often feature part of the story that is not seen, or is only seen in a cinematic.
For the human campaign this is likely to be either Arthas being corrupted in Northrend
OR Arthas assassinating king Terranas
The problem with the latter is that Arthas would need to be undead which would not fit with this campaign.

What do you guys think?

Level 1
First I want to say great job with these maps.

General suggestion:
I think your upkeep is too low because just with heroes/builders I get into low upkeep with only a couple of units. I think you need to increase the unit cap for upkeeps, because we run out of units very fast especially if we build an expansion.

Also with the undead hero selection. It would be pretty cool if the 2nd user could choose what hero they want out of those 3. Just an idea for you to pick at.

Another idea. If you could make it so that both players share the same base and so you only have 1 but with both players getting full control of it with normal income (still with a hero for each of them), it might make the game more interesting.
Whatever you decide keep up the good work.

I just beat level 7 with my friend and there was no save code given afterwards. Bug maybe?

Level 10
Falric is not raised until sometime after that Undead campaign, and he isn't brought back to Lordaeron. Don't copy him as an evil Arthas, I'd say just make Tichondrius be a usable dreadlord.

Try and work a Pit Lord into one of the campaigns, since that (and firelord and tinker) aren't used anywhere in any of them as a playable hero.

I wanna remake the orc campaign of TFT as coop, but boy would that be a nightmare with the save/load system!

Level 3
i think ghoul king would be good =D=D
and 1 question
in the RoC orc campaign when you play grom the 2 missions does the 2nd player get a new hero from the warsong clan who later becomes a fel orc?
(SORRY for my bad english o_O)
and btw: SUPER AWESOME MAPS you got there =D

Level 16
OR Arthas assassinating King Terenas

Wait. Since when does Arthas assassinates Terenas? He killed Terenas in the Throne Room. IN FRONT OF MANY PEOPLE. Also, Frostmourne, although it's not a Big Sword (Smaller Than Ashkandi), it still have the size of a... dunno... Claymore, maybe? So, it's impossible for him to assassinate someone with a Claymore.

Also
Teelo said:
Falric is not raised until sometime after that Undead campaign, and he isn't brought back to Lordaeron. Don't copy him as an evil Arthas, I'd say just make Tichondrius be a usable dreadlord.

Falric is already raised by the time Arthas go back to Lordaeron. Watch the RoC Human Campaign Ending Cinematic (Arthas is followed by Two Knights, Falric and Marwyn). For more information, WoWWiki is always your best friend.

Level 3
I'd say stick with the Undead Falric thing. It works, really - Falric and Arthas, pwning Azeroth xD

Level 12
I would recommend a death revenant model for the right hand of undead arthas. but on the other hand, I would prefer ghoul king. But ofcourse "ghoul king" name would be gross for him though..

Level 12
Wait. Since when does Arthas assassinates Terenas? He killed Terenas in the Throne Room. IN FRONT OF MANY PEOPLE. Also, Frostmourne, although it's not a Big Sword (Smaller Than Ashkandi), it still have the size of a... dunno... Claymore, maybe? So, it's impossible for him to assassinate someone with a Claymore.

Also

Falric is already raised by the time Arthas go back to Lordaeron. Watch the RoC Human Campaign Ending Cinematic (Arthas is followed by Two Knights, Falric and Marwyn). For more information, WoWWiki is always your best friend.

WowWiki, hum? I really wonder where all that bit of information came from o_O

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Sasuhkun said:
Falric did (really) followed the footsteps of his master... xDD
Wowwiki says he does : p

Cyber95 said:
I think you should make a Falric :D
Also how about you like do the same thing as Blizzard did, with their paladin and death knights just make like an "evil version" of the spells he have.
I did think of that, but his spells didn't send to switch very well.

Teelo said:

Try and work a Pit Lord into one of the campaigns, since that (and firelord and tinker) aren't used anywhere in any of them as a playable hero.

I wanna remake the orc campaign of TFT as coop, but boy would that be a nightmare with the save/load system!
I think it says Falric follows Arthas and is part of the 'exectution' of king terenas
I could use Tichondrius.. but some parts of the cinematic and such might not make sense, and he'd had to be levelled down. (Cus normally he is 10)
I agree that heroes such as the Pitlord and Firelord should be used where possible, but I don't think here is the time.

Evil_Devil said:
i think ghoul king would be good =D=D
and 1 question
in the RoC orc campaign when you play grom the 2 missions does the 2nd player get a new hero from the warsong clan who later becomes a fel orc?
(SORRY for my bad english o_O)
and btw: SUPER AWESOME MAPS you got there =D
Yeah he'll have to, but I'll try use the normal campaign heroes when I can.

dead-man-walking said:
Yeah it does go against the lore slightly, so I probably aint gonna do that.
And I meant assassinate, as in going-to-kill someone, nothing technical xP

Luffy said:
I would recommend a death revenant model for the right hand of undead arthas. but on the other hand, I would prefer ghoul king. But ofcourse "ghoul king" name would be gross for him though..
A revenant maybe.. its a model not used much.

Anyway I think I've decided on using:
- Undead Falric or Death Knight Falric
- New spellset (still designing)
- The secret chapter will involve part of Arthas' time in Northrend
- Will probably involve how Arthas & Falric turns to a Deathknight
- And possibly a final pvp battle between Arthas and Falric

Level 12
Lol.. why would there be a battle between Arthas and Falric? Well... it would be fun, indeed xD

Perhaps they had to pass by trials to be proved worthy to become Death Knights. Ah, and there are three captains; Falric is the main one. One never said anything, but did followed along with Falric and Arthas (There are two death knights behind Arthas in the cutscene where he kills Terenas. They were using forks, I do not remember well. Supposedly, Arthas kill Terenas, while the rest of them kill EVERYONE else on town, and revive everyone with their necromantic powers together as their minions. Vuc something, the captain that answered to that emissary, did not get killed or transformed. He apparently founded a camp, later on it became a city, somehow. Hmm. Which remembers me. For the very last, last, LAST map... one player could be Arthas, and another Illidan. Instead of normal spells, use like action pvp spells. Of course, you will need to know good triggering to make such spells... but it is too early to think of that anyway.

Level 1
Small bug found in Chapter 2: Blackrock and Roll the friendly computer hero wandered to orc base and made orcs unable to attack our base.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
cyper95 said:
Oh okay, also it is Cyper not Cyber ;)
Oops sry ^^

SasuhKun said:
Lol.. why would there be a battle between Arthas and Falric? Well... it would be fun, indeed xD

Perhaps they had to pass by trials to be proved worthy to become Death Knights. Ah, and there are three captains; Falric is the main one. One never said anything, but did followed along with Falric and Arthas (There are two death knights behind Arthas in the cutscene where he kills Terenas. They were using forks, I do not remember well. Supposedly, Arthas kill Terenas, while the rest of them kill EVERYONE else on town, and revive everyone with their necromantic powers together as their minions. Vuc something, the captain that answered to that emissary, did not get killed or transformed. He apparently founded a camp, later on it became a city, somehow. Hmm. Which remembers me. For the very last, last, LAST map... one player could be Arthas, and another Illidan. Instead of normal spells, use like action pvp spells. Of course, you will need to know good triggering to make such spells... but it is too early to think of that anyway.
Yeah I was thinking of that earlier, but as you said it isn't for a very long time

mammakuu said:
Small bug found in Chapter 2: Blackrock and Roll the friendly computer hero wandered to orc base and made orcs unable to attack our base.
Uther walked into the enemy base? o.o
Wonder how that happened

Level 23
Your welcome, and I was thinking about Rexxar's campaign. (Will likely be done very last)
I'll have to fit as many maps as possible onto one map to cut out some map switching.

Thx, and have fun.

ALSO!
I'm thinking about the secondary hero for the undead campaign. (Like Captain Falric)
These are what I've come up with:
- Ghoul King - An agility hero with spells including Devour Corpse (instant heal), Crippling Slash (single dmg and slow)
- Arch Acolyte - An intelligence hero with spells including Raise Skeleton (like necro's), Soul Blast (line damage)
- Undead Falric - A strength hero, spells undecided.

These are the features I'm planning to upgrade the human campaign with when I finished it.
- Exchange System - Allows you to give selected units to the other player to use as long as food limits would be obeyed. Certain units cannot be exchanged; eg. Heroes, Starting Units, Town Halls
- Research System - Any researches done will be shared with the other player. Also, certain building requirements will also be shared, eg. Town Hall, Lumber Mill, Blacksmith
- Insane Mode - A difficulty setting that is unlocked after completing the campaign normally.
- Secret Chapter - This chapter can only be unlocked by completing the campaign on Insane Difficulty, it will often feature part of the story that is not seen, or is only seen in a cinematic.
For the human campaign this is likely to be either Arthas being corrupted in Northrend
OR Arthas assassinating king Terranas
The problem with the latter is that Arthas would need to be undead which would not fit with this campaign.

What do you guys think?

I know you have decided on Falric to be the new secondary hero in the undead Campaign but perhaps you could go with the ghoul king idea or the arch acholyte? I would think it would be a little dull if BOTH the same heroes were used in human and undead, despite different models/spells. Who knows, perhaps if you went the ghoul king he could be little timmy revived despite already dying as a ghoul to human arthas +P.

Also PLEASE don't make the insane mode accessible only through completing the campaign on normal first. I wouldn't mind it so much but my buddy who will play it with me would not want to replay the campaign all over again just for the sake of added difficulty. I would like to suggest that the insane mode be allowed to be chosen from the start, so the hard core players dont need to go through the entire campaign on normal. I am sure there will still be many players who go through normal first just for the sake of learning how to beat it on hard. But my friend and I are good ladder plays and we would like to jump in head first, if that is ok spoon +P.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
tulee said:
I know you have decided on Falric to be the new secondary hero in the undead Campaign but perhaps you could go with the ghoul king idea or the arch acholyte? I would think it would be a little dull if BOTH the same heroes were used in human and undead, despite different models/spells. Who knows, perhaps if you went the ghoul king he could be little timmy revived despite already dying as a ghoul to human arthas +P.

Also PLEASE don't make the insane mode accessible only through completing the campaign on normal first. I wouldn't mind it so much but my buddy who will play it with me would not want to replay the campaign all over again just for the sake of added difficulty. I would like to suggest that the insane mode be allowed to be chosen from the start, so the hard core players dont need to go through the entire campaign on normal. I am sure there will still be many players who go through normal first just for the sake of learning how to beat it on hard. But my friend and I are good ladder plays and we would like to jump in head first, if that is ok spoon +P.

I think I'm going to use Falric, because I've planned this secret chapter and he plays a large-ish role.
And with the difficulties... I wanted to add a sense of replayability
Although I am considering what you said; lemmi think about it.

Level 1
More bugs found in Chapter 6: The Culling: Some flying sheep appeared and started attacking our units (what's that all about?) and enemy units didn't even try to destroy houses they just followed Arthass everywhere... Also the cinematics in chapter 6 were unskipable

Level 3
I find 2 bugs:

In the chapter 4: the load sistems and New sistem does not work.

In the Chapter 7: The Gold Recolecting sistems is bug (ian gain 10 of gold for peasant, when the normal is 5 of gold for peasant).

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
mammakuu said:
More bugs found in Chapter 6: The Culling: Some flying sheep appeared and started attacking our units (what's that all about?) and enemy units didn't even try to destroy houses they just followed Arthass everywhere... Also the cinematics in chapter 6 were unskipable
Flying sheep o.o? You really are prone to bugs o.o

Amauta said:
In the chapter 4: the load sistems and New sistem does not work.

In the Chapter 7: The Gold Recolecting sistems is bug (ian gain 10 of gold for peasant, when the normal is 5 of gold for peasant).
I will look up the bugs for chapter 4
But I set the gold to 10 for level, because normally the player would gain 2 bases

cyper95 said:
Very predictable secret chapter now ;)
Maybe xP, I think the plot I planned is quite good though

EDIT: Missed a comment from earlier

Light0ne. said:
First I want to say great job with these maps.

General suggestion:
I think your upkeep is too low because just with heroes/builders I get into low upkeep with only a couple of units. I think you need to increase the unit cap for upkeeps, because we run out of units very fast especially if we build an expansion.

Also with the undead hero selection. It would be pretty cool if the 2nd user could choose what hero they want out of those 3. Just an idea for you to pick at.

Another idea. If you could make it so that both players share the same base and so you only have 1 but with both players getting full control of it with normal income (still with a hero for each of them), it might make the game more interesting.
Whatever you decide keep up the good work.

I just beat level 7 with my friend and there was no save code given afterwards. Bug maybe?
Thx, and lemmi see..

I was just thinking about the workers and stuff, and I think you're right : O
So when I re-release the maps, I will probably make some tweeks.
- Food limit lifted to 55
- Upkeep levels at 30 & 45

I have considered allowing players to choose between heroes, but I've decided I'm going to use Falric now.

I have also considered using a shared base system, but in the end I decided that the players would prefer to build individually, so I left it as that.

And the chapter 7 code bug has been reported twice now, but I couldn't find it when I tried, so I guess it /is/ there.
I'll have a closer look

Last edited:
Level 2
Just a note , I have experienced the flying sheep both in singleplayer and multiplayer , so it isn't caused by the maps.
I think it might have something to do with attacking a specific house , or attacking a citizen and/or killing it before its about to turn.
The sheep is winged with name "The CONVERTER" or something similar to that.
So There's nothing TheSpoon can do about it except maybe remove it, if he can.
I think the sheep is just a single cruel easteregg by Blizzard.
It might be the reason there is flying sheep model in Warcraft 3 though.

(Yes i registered just to post that)

I have considered allowing players to choose between heroes, but I've decided I'm going to use Falric now.

Selectable heroes sounds like a good idea to import later on. Make it so that they have to choose in the first mission of each campaign. then if they don't use a save/load code for the later missions it chooses a random hero for them.
definitely something to think about later on.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
WaRRioRTF said:
Just a note , I have experienced the flying sheep both in singleplayer and multiplayer , so it isn't caused by the maps.
I think it might have something to do with attacking a specific house , or attacking a citizen and/or killing it before its about to turn.
The sheep is winged with name "The CONVERTER" or something similar to that.
So There's nothing TheSpoon can do about it except maybe remove it, if he can.
I think the sheep is just a single cruel easteregg by Blizzard.
It might be the reason there is flying sheep model in Warcraft 3 though.

(Yes i registered just to post that)
I did notice the sheep model on the converter when I investigated
But.. I don't really know what went wrong in his game for them to attack people o.o
Anyway thanks for enlightening us xP, and welcome to Hive o.o

Wanarax said:
cool map :0 liked it a lot.
Thx very much : >

Sasuhkun said:
You know something TheSpoon? You'll be FAMOUS for this. I mean, this is the better idea someone had since the world editor.
Maybe I will be, (and that is most mapmakers aim :3!)
But it is not the idea which is the hard part.
It is having the willingness to do it, and go all the way through with it : >.

Exoras said:
Wuups... Bug in Chapter 7, there's no save code for the next map :/
I've checked this a few times, but lots are experiencing this bug
I will do some testing/work this week to fix it.

Tyrand said:
I experince the same bug in Chapter 5 aswell.
I'll check that too o.o

Level 1
Falric's ward

IMO Falric's ward is way too overpowered. 15% damage aura per level? It's a pain to always cast but the cost is so cheap and if u have over 40 apm its not a big deal to cast as long as u remember it. Lvl 3 having 45% damage bonus is huge though. POTM damage aura at lvl 3 is only 30% and its only ranged units.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
LightOne. said:
IMO Falric's ward is way too overpowered. 15% damage aura per level? It's a pain to always cast but the cost is so cheap and if u have over 40 apm its not a big deal to cast as long as u remember it. Lvl 3 having 45% damage bonus is huge though. POTM damage aura at lvl 3 is only 30% and its only ranged units.
I may re-access that spell then when I update all the maps.
But keep in mind that Trueshot Aura is permanent,
This is a ward which can be destroyed and costs mana.
But I think I'll maybe increases mana cost and cooldown.

Level 2
I may re-access that spell then when I update all the maps.
But keep in mind that Trueshot Aura is permanent,
This is a ward which can be destroyed and costs mana.
But I think I'll maybe increases mana cost and cooldown.

Dunno if its bug or purpose but the Falric's ward buff seems to stay for 4-5 seconds after the ward itself is gone. Allowing you to stack it with itself when its done cooling down.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
WaRRioRTW said:
Dunno if its bug or purpose but the Falric's ward buff seems to stay for 4-5 seconds after the ward itself is gone. Allowing you to stack it with itself when its done cooling down.
K, I'll look into that when I review the maps for when I add the insane difficulty.

Also sorry I wasn't able to get Chapter 10 done for this week >.<
As you can imagine, making a chapter completely from scratch takes a bit more work.
But it should be released any day now, I've not got much left to do.

So far:
Planning - Done
Terrain - Done
Units/Items - Done
Spells - Done
Other Triggers - Not Done
Cinematics - Not Done

Level 2
K, I'll look into that when I review the maps for when I add the insane difficulty.

Also sorry I wasn't able to get Chapter 10 done for this week >.<
As you can imagine, making a chapter completely from scratch takes a bit more work.
But it should be released any day now, I've not got much left to do.

So far:
Planning - Done
Terrain - Done
Units/Items - Done
Spells - Done
Other Triggers - Not Done
Cinematics - Not Done

Also, PLEASE don't make specific cinematics tied to -insane difficulty, it's annoying if you just want to remember the story along with a friend. And some plot element is not in the cutscene.

Level 23
Spoon before you start working on the Undead campaign PLEASE consider either giving the choice of the second hero from a selection of, say, 3 OR have another hero instead of Falric.. Such as a DREADLORD? I know you want Falric because of the 'story' but really when you go onto other campaigns you are going to find the 'story' is hard to keep logical, such as nearly all of the other campaigns will have the race going different ways, I.E Thrall goes to the oracle and Grom goes to Ashenvale. The only way you could really keep the story going here is if you changed the model of the hero when it is with the different faction of the race while it is still the exact same hero, just with a model to fit which part of the race the map is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.