• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.1 PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.32.1 PATCH NOTES

Blizzard said: blizzarrow.gif

Version 1.32.1 – February 6, 2020

Changes and Bug Fixes

• Campaign
  • Players should no longer be met with a “defeat” screen after loading into a mission.
  • Audio levels for some dialogue have been adjusted.
  • The animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes have been tweaked.
  • Disconnecting or logging out will no longer change the save file folder.
  • Fixed a number of issues that would block progression or not give credit for completing missions.
    Developer’s note: Updating a map for these types of fixes invalidates prior saves. This is similar to how replays from prior game client versions no longer work. Campaign progress will not be lost.
  • Custom Games
  • Multiboards should no longer crash custom games.
  • Joining lobbies for the same map no longer creates duplicate versions of the map.
    Developer’s note: This also resolves disconnects from improper map names.
  • Gameplay
  • The rendering of Classic mode has been updated.
  • Resolved an issue with hitching when constructing buildings or training units for the first time.
  • Fixed Ziggurat upgrade animation in Reforged mode.
  • Adjusted animations and portraits for multiple units and buildings.
  • Units completing training while off-screen again have voices.
  • Starting locations are again obscured by the fog of war.
  • Interface
  • Whispers now include the name of the sender.
  • Locale settings for audio and subtitles can now be adjusted independently in Battle .net prior to launching the game.
  • Non-Latin glyphs no longer overlap.
  • A tooltip now displays when hovering over truncated text.
  • Chat keeps up with the latest messages.
  • Heroes on the match results screen are now contained by boundaries.
  • All menus are now distinct between Classic and Reforged graphic settings.
    Developer’s note: We’ve implemented a temporary solution to better inform whether you are playing in Reforged or Classic mode, by applying a sepia tone to the background images for Classic.

Level 14
EDIT:
Scratch that, it's just what Teen data does in preferences and "Reduced violence" option does in game.

Chinese censorship still remains too.
What I thought was a bug to the skeleton is just censorship for the precious baby eyes in china:

They removed half the beta succubus models. Basically any of them that had a whip.

They are deforging their own game

Classic deforging wasnt enough

If I were a betting man, I'd say we won't see any bigger changes until like April-May.
If I were a Tekken5 character I'd slap you for that.

I already lost thousands of hours of development work on halfway finished projects by uninstalling Reforged.
Ever heard of backups? It's not ok for blizzard to delete stuff but everybody should know how to do backups by this age.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
If I were a Tekken5 character I'd slap you for that.

Ever heard of backups? It's not ok for blizzard to delete stuff but everybody should know how to do backups by this age.

The things I cared about enough to finish I uploaded onto The Hive. The only real loss for me here was a minor update I did to Damage Engine that was almost finished. Nothing was lost that I can't re-create in a short enough amount of time.

Just mostly putting this out there as a warning to others.

Level 9
With this new patch Warcraft 3 Refunded is a malware confirmed. No joke! It destroys your registry so you cant run the World Editor of patch 1.26/1.27 as they want you to use the new WE with this useless EULA so you can work for them for free and fix problems eg making RoC balance on custom games lol
Malware and viruses do the same by destroying registry to disable certain software. I study Computer Science I know that and I am very serious.

Level 13
What do you people think?
Is Blizzard behaving like basically it's still a Beta?
Is it possible that in their plans we're still in a Beta?

Level 18
Cannot play or mod in 1.32.1 It is to much dark. It applies to World Editor also.
dark 1.32.1.jpg

The same shot with 1.31.1 :
lighter 1.31.1.jpg
Is it only me or you guys notice this also?

edit
Both pics made on the very same laptop

Last edited:
Level 2
With this new patch Warcraft 3 Refunded is a malware confirmed. No joke! It destroys your registry so you cant run the World Editor of patch 1.26/1.27 as they want you to use the new WE with this useless EULA so you can work for them for free and fix problems eg making RoC balance on custom games lol
Malware and viruses do the same by destroying registry to disable certain software. I study Computer Science I know that and I am very serious.

Yep, actually my old world editor was working fine before this patch, now it doesn't. I get a "worldeditor.exe has stopped working message" immediately after I launch it.

Level 18
Still missing key features of the original, still buggy and broken, still completely lacks advertised features and, worst of all: the classic client STILL hasn't come back. This is not good enough.

Yep, actually my old world editor was working fine before this patch, now it doesn't. I get a "worldeditor.exe has stopped working message" immediately after I launch it.

Now I'm kind of concerned Blizz may have axed the classic client entirely to force players to use the new WE with the new EULA. That makes me concerned if they'll have bring it back, and terrified at their level of duplicity.

Last edited:
Level 2
Could be an installation error on my part though, I had to reinstall the game from my old CD-roms because I was having issues downloading the patch. I am curious if anyone is having a similar issue when attempting to run the classic worldeditor.exe file.

Now I'm kind of concerned Blizz may have axed the classic client entirely to force players to use the new WE with the new EULA.

the classic client STILL hasn't come back

We all know it's not coming back, it's obvious (that will be miracle if that even happen), even classic reforged is getting punished with that sepia main menu update. The only way to actually play the real classic is to get backups, save it, block internet access of that game with firewall and then play it.

Last edited:
Level 10
Awwww. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy I did not invest a thing and I am happily sitting there with my 1.26, everything working smoothly, the graphics still killer even in 2020... This whole situation just proves Blizzard is not worth of our money anymore. I will reconsider once I see few decent titles coming up from them.

Level 20
We all know it's not coming back
This.

The removal of the Classic client is one of the biggest issues people have with Reforged. If Blizzard was willing to bring it back, they would have said so in their "developer update" post - even if we had to wait a few days or weeks for it to happen (for whatever reason), that would still be a very easy big win for them. The fact that they didn't say it means that at least for now they have no plans to bring back Classic.

Reactions: pyf
I get that all the changes are annoying and disappointing, but one of the few things they always said they were going to do and whatwhich they actually delivered is making Reforged and classic effectively the same game aside from the art.
From the start Reforged was gonna bring new patches and changes to the old game along with Reforged. Of course no one expected that to be a bad thing, but aside from that it shouldn't be a surprise.
So no, they won't "bring back classic", because it hasn't gone anywhere. It's just being patched just like any previous patch. All we can hope for is more updates that fix what was broken.

Reactions: pyf
Level 20
one of the few things they always said they were going to do and whatwhich they actually delivered is making Reforged and classic effectively the same game aside from the art
I don't think that they did, at least I don't remember that. Do you have some source on that?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

Omegalul.
Not sure if I am supposed to laugh or cry at your efforts to cause drama.

Look up what a virus/malware is before becoming a full time doomsayer.

Level 18
Omegalul.
Not sure if I am supposed to laugh or cry at your efforts to cause drama.

Look up what a virus/malware is before becoming a full time doomsayer.
Wikipedia said:
A wide variety of types of malware exist, including computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, and scareware.
99% of programs nowadays are spyware, warcraft 3 reforged is not an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.