• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.28 Patch has broken some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
My friend and I discovered this game yesterday, and we're super impressed and excited to play it, then of course, the 1.28 patch breaks the textures and lightnings.

Two issues I've noticed are the character models are purely white (besides the head)
The Lighting seems slightly less vibrant? I can't tell for sure.

Don't want to explore the game any further until It's in a proper state - but would just like to report the issue and hope that it can be adressed. Thanks.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
okay, i got good news and bad news for you:

good news: I could find the problem that leads to the incorrect displayal of hero textures

bad news: the problem is newly introduced and so fundamental that it might also cause many other new bugs, which I could fix if blizzard hadn't broken the editor aswell.

If you want to play Gaias, you can no longer play on battlenet until blizzard fixes their shit.
Stay on 1.27b if you can avoid updating!

Level 1
okay, i got good news and bad news for you:

good news: I could find the problem that leads to the incorrect displayal of hero textures

bad news: the problem is newly introduced and so fundamental that it might also cause many other new bugs, which I could fix if blizzard hadn't broken the editor aswell.

If you want to play Gaias, you can no longer play on battlenet until blizzard fixes their shit.
Stay on 1.27b if you can avoid updating!

Have you seen this post already? Suggest a potential work around for editor issues - though I'm not sure if the issue is the same one as you are encountering.

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.28 Issues - (post #7)

Level 2
Hi there

The last version my friends and I played was 1.2C(5). But we are really hyped for blackfire deeps now and so comes that we played together. At the end of our session we realized that we can't save our chars.
With "-save" it tells us that there is a file created in the WC3 directory, but there is none. I checked myself and can confirm. It doesn't create a new file nor does it overwrite the existing one.
Our only option is to use the command "-saveold" which we don't really like to use (who could blame us ...).

Maybe I didn't read the patchnotes properly?

Anyway, is there a solution for this?

Thanks alot =)

Level 3
Try to delete all save "Folders" and save your char again it should create new folder and fix your problem. Same problem happened to me before and worked like this.

Level 2
But my friend had no "Gaias Retaliation" folder at all in his directory (he's very new to Gaias).
That's how I encountered this problem, because he told me there was no save file created. Then I realized that mine didn't get updated aswell.

I wasn't sure if the save files get created in another directory and I just missed the patchnote for this, I have no idea ^^

I guess we just save and load with -saveold now until they fix the worldeditor and stuff.
But thanks for your advice, I'll try that!

Status
Not open for further replies.